• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    just picked up a browning Buckmark SS Camper...very nice gun to shoot, and very accurate as well. Just plain fun to shoot. Able to teach my sons to shoot inexpensively as well. Also likem to plink the metal targets at 75 & 100 yds at MCFG...

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    One thing I just realized that I love about the Ruger pistols....the sights don't move when you shoot. I always used a reddot so I never noticed, but last trip at the range I took it off to get some time using the sights. And going back and forth between my Ruger and my dad's P22, I decided I really like that the bolt moves instead of a slide because the sights stay lined up perfectly and it lets me shoot and stay on target much faster.
    I'm wondering if there are any larger caliber semi-auto's with a similar action because I quite like it.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I have a S&W m&p .40c. I would be intersted in one of these. How much? And How do you like it?
    They are around $370-$400 but they are still hard to find. Pretty popular so many dealers can't get them. It is my fav pistol for training and plinking now. CHEAP to shoot, accurate and has the same feel and functionality as my M&P9.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Rockhopper:
    I had a woman judge who was about as much pro-second amendment as Nancy Pelosi. My first mistake was to have a written inventory of all my guns. Ex got the list. She made her own list of the guns she wanted out of the divorce using only the criteria of dollar value. She handed the Judge the list and after looking at it, the judge asked the ex what she wanted the guns for? The ex told the judge she wanted to sell them. The judge instantly and lodly clapped her hands, pointed her finger at the ex and exclaimed "Honey, they're yours". I am sure the judge thought that by selling the guns, they were gone, like disapeard or something. I wasn't even aloud to argue the matter in any way. I was raped. Got the "junk of the lot". Sure fits the old saying "she got the mine and I got the shaft!"....John:noway::noway::noway:

skreuzman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    .22's are my favorite round to fire simply because of the low price of ammo. I have 2 of them that I carry on fishing trips and keep under the seat of my truck.

The first is a Smith & Wesson model 22A. It is a really nice shooting gun, accurate at longer ranges with the 5.5" barrel and RARELY EVER jams. I have probably put about 3000 rounds through this one and maybe had 5 total jams. I did notice that every one of those came with a different brand of bullet that I tried. I have had great luck with high velocity loads but I'm sure every gun is different.

The 2nd gun is a Ruger 6 shot revolver that shoots .22LR & .22WMR. I love revolvers for their dependability and this one has absolutely lived up to my expectations.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Rockhopper:
    I had a woman judge who was about as much pro-second amendment as Nancy Pelosi. My first mistake was to have a written inventory of all my guns. Ex got the list. She made her own list of the guns she wanted out of the divorce using only the criteria of dollar value. She handed the Judge the list and after looking at it, the judge asked the ex what she wanted the guns for? The ex told the judge she wanted to sell them. The judge instantly and lodly clapped her hands, pointed her finger at the ex and exclaimed "Honey, they're yours". I am sure the judge thought that by selling the guns, they were gone, like disapeard or something. I wasn't even aloud to argue the matter in any way. I was raped. Got the "junk of the lot". Sure fits the old saying "she got the mine and I got the shaft!"....John:noway::noway::noway:

That judge needs to be removed from office. What's her name, so I know to always steer clear...

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Nothing makes me smile more than burning up .22LR bulk pack in a pistol, The Ruger Mk!! belonging to my wife, my S&W 422 or my GSG 1911a1. I always thought that if they built a 9mm Ruger Mk II It would be a good seller. I'd buy one anyways.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think I sold a Smith & Wesson 22A for some dealer somewhere. Went to the range today with Montezuma and he fell in love with mine.

Problem is, this one's MINE. I don't mind if he shoots it, but he can go find his own!

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Rockhopper:
    That was in Hendricks county in 1994....John
    Guys, my first target pistol was a Ruger Mk. I. I liked it very well and it never had any failures.Yes, it was a pain to take down for cleaning. It got to where I could out shoot it and so Went to High Standards. What a difference! If you have never shot one, ask around and find someone who has one and shoot it.....

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Had some fun at the range with my Ruger MkIII 22/45 & red dot today. Enjoyed ringing the steel gong at 50 yds at MCFG. :rockwoot:

Yes!! I was doing that at MCF&G on Saturday as well, with my Neos.

The only thing thing about the day was the realization that my hands are starting to shake more than they had been. It'd been a couple of months since I shot last, and I noticed a difference in how steady my hands were.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Hey gglass,
    So...... you're going to get the Quick Strip Kit? Man, it seems like the absolute "hot ticket" for a Mark but I guess I'm a little bit of a "doubting Thomas". :rolleyes: I started this thread: Anyone have the Majestic Quick Strip Kit for MKII's?? - INGunOwners to see if I can get some more info on that kit but there hasn't been a lot of response. Concerns me a little.
    I too, would love to get that modification as it would step the gun up one more notch but I'm concerned about any "issues" it may cause. A buddy of mine would also get one if works as well as advertised. (he rarely shoots it because of that issue!) I guess if I knew more about the internal workings I could probably figure it out for myself but I know many of you are and always will be MUCH more versed in hand guns than I will ever be. :bowdown:
    Let me know how it goes!! 'preciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:
    Chaz

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Just picked up a Plinkerton SAA from Cabelas. Need to clean and shoot it soon. Can't remember taking out the 22s from the safe lately. My sons were broke in on the 22s, then 38s, 9mm, 40cal, 45 ACP. Had a Single Six Ruger yrs ago, and sold it to my brother in law to hunt squirrels. Missed that revolver. Single actions appear to digest even the cheaper 22s without problems.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I seem to always be taking at least one .22 handgun and rifle with me every time I go to the club. Most times I end up shooting them more than everything else combined. Not only because of ammo costs, but also for the pure grins they provide.

My old Ciener conversion unit always goes along with my full-sized Springfield 1911-A1 for when my arthritis starts acting up.

My old Taurus stainless 4" M94 is still perking along after over 20 years and gives me the DA trigger control practice I need for pennies, even compared to the cost of my cast bullet .357 and .45 ACP reloads.

My nephews really like the Beretta Neos with the big old Tasco Pro-Point red dot on it and it gets a real work-out when they're visiting. They also still love shooting the Ruger New Model Bearcat I bought to start them out on when they were little.

Can't wait for better weather so that I can get better acquainted with my newest .22 handgun: a sweet old alloy-framed Browning Nomad, circa 1962, with a 6 3/4" barrel, crisp 3 3/4# trigger pull and nearly perfect balance in my hand.

Personally, I don't know how anybody gets along without a .22 RF or three.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    S3010236.jpg

just got done with this...not in above pic...Essex's frame 1965 Colt Conversion on top...

S3010450.jpg

Last edited:

Monster Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I have nineteen 22 handguns. Most I have never fired, as they are out-of-production target,pistols or Colt MT's. But I do shoot my Smith 41s and two High Standard Victors, and my Giles High Standard, as well as a very nice Kart Conversion mated to a custom Essex frame. I always drag two or three along when I shoot 45's with my son, and he is now a converted 22 shooter, too. 22's are a lot of fun, inexpensive to shoot and fun to collect.

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just got an H&R .22 revolver, but haven't gotten to shoot it yet. It's actually my first handgun, so I'm looking forward to trying it out at Roush Lake on Saturday (assuming it's not 3 degrees out)!

Top Bottom