Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My original thoughts have been confirmed. Thanks for the input.

I plan to to die, living with my boots on. I am not going to rust out but to wear out.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My original thoughts have been confirmed. Thanks for the input.

I plan to to die, living with my boots on. I am not going to rust out but to wear out.

I think you might be answering a different question. There is what would I do if it was just about me and there is what would I do if it was about all of us.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think you might be answering a different question. There is what would I do if it was just about me and there is what would I do if it was about all of us.

No I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Oregon veteran 95 years old survives a Coronavirus. I survived Guam I can beat this bull****.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Anybody that thinks this isn’t serious, you need to spend some time in some of the Marion County intensive care units. It’s not anything to play around with, at least that’s what I’m hearing from someone treating these folks and working 16 hour shifts. According to her it’s not just old weak people that are on ventilators and dying from it.

But this is America and we have choices the question is will it be the correct choice.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have even thought of a No Contact match where you have an appointment time to shoot. you show up the RO runs you you reset the stage and go directly to the next. You have 5 mins per stage to do all. It would work.

But you are still risking spreading the virus by touching pasters and targets, Risking the RO and it is just not worth it. It's not about your risk it is about others.

This would be the way to do it. But ONLY on an outdoor range. Indoors is too risky.

The virus doesnt survive well outdoors in sunlight and heat (wait till June). If outdoors, this would be a VERY low risk activity.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I would go to a match ....today
    Let me provide some background
    Up until this week, I have been at work 6 out of 7 days.
    My employer is requiring people that can work from home to do so, when possible.
    We are practicing social distancing as much as possible. We are wiping high touch surfaces regularly.
    I guess I said all that to highlight that except for the extra cleaning and the awareness about distance.
    My day to day life hasn't changed at all except I'm working more.
    The ****ing gym is closed so I have to use the one at work, that's a change I guess.
    I'm sure we can all avoid rubbing up on each other at a shooting match.
    I am in a high risk group by the way and I'm not trying to make light of the situation.
    Its serious.
    It just doesn't seem like sequestering in the house is going to be the answer.
    It's not sustainable, I cant do it anyway

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    This would be the way to do it. But ONLY on an outdoor range. Indoors is too risky.

The virus doesnt survive well outdoors in sunlight and heat (wait till June). If outdoors, this would be a VERY low risk activity.
    I am hoping to be having a regular match in May

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm not trying to make light of the situation.
    Its serious.
    It just doesn't seem like sequestering in the house is going to be the answer

Fully agree

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I will go

Since December I have been in and out of Florida flying 6 times, I have been to Las Vegas in January for SHOT Show. At SHOT I sat at a table with a vendor and his wife that had recently been in China talking about how bad this was over there, which was the same day the first case in Washington was announced. I came home from SHOT and was sick for 4 days. I have been around 5 people that were on cruises in December and January, 3 of which all had some “upper respiratory”
    infection after they returned. Picked my daughter up from airport after she returned from Mardi Gras, who then a few days later was sick, tested positive for InfluenzaB, but wasn’t tested for COVID, they didn’t have test.
    I should be dead I guess by now, but since I am not might as well shoot a match.

Here is some interesting information
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Pretty good video
    https://youtu.be/Qwx3JMRTz8U

I am taking this serious, I am following the suggestions with regards to social distancing, hand cleaning etc
    I am not locking myself in my house and hiding under the covers until the bad virus goes away, it isn’t anytime soon, just like all the other flu’s and viruses out there that we live with everyday.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom