• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You can't answer it because whatever they spend is never enough. Let's say we up the per child funding to $10k. In less than 5 years, they will be begging for more because $10k isn't enough.

One does not need a copy of the budget to see where the money is going. I spoke to a long time teacher who was asking questions at one of the board meetings. Every time he brought up to the board to use money from unnecessary projects to fund real education, their response was always that that money comes from a different fund.

Don't have enough money to teach? Cut all coaching salaries. Cut out all maintenance costs associated to sports. Let the kids on the football team bring their lawn boys to mow the football field before the game. Let the basketball team sweep the gym floor and clean up the trash left by the fans. Let the swim team maintain the pool. Why are we paying janitors and maintenance men to take care of that crap? Because parents care more about their kids eca's than they do their education.

It's amazing (and disappointing) the number of kids and parents that actually think that professional athlete is a career path. One of our local schools actually hired a science teacher based on that person's alleged ability to coach basketball rather than hiring the person who would be the best at teaching the kids science. I think that sports as an extracurricular activity is great. I played sports in high school and I enjoyed it, but sports seem to have become an end in and of themselves as opposed to an optional activity. Until I notice that our local schools are routinely cranking out pro athletes I think we need to keep the money in academics and let sports fund themselves or seek donations.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    People on here get mad when I ask "Who is John Galt" and say that I will not vote any more. I read Atlas Shrugged a couple years ago and it set my beliefs in motion on the future of this country. It is not so much what is happening with Obama, Congress, and the nation as a whole that has led me to believe that this country is totally lost. Sure, anyone in Indiana can rant and rave at a tea party about Alaska building a bridge to nowhere. They see no benefit of that bridge.

I've been reading what's going on in local governments. Those same people who rant and rave at the tea parties suddenly aren't so happy when their ox is getting gored. Try cutting their little Billy's ECA's at school and see how fiscally conservative they really are. Our local governments are just as out of touch as our federal government is. Read your local papers and see where your money is going. Look who is supporting all these pet projects in your schools, town, city, and county.

The truth is the overwhelming majority of this country enjoys their own welfare handouts but only become exorcised when asked to pay for someone elses' handouts. Why aren't school board members, town councils, trustees, commissioners, etc. hanging from trees for their wasteful spending? Because that is what the people want.

If people can't call welfare welfare in their own town, they sure as hades can't fix it at the federal level. The misappropriation of school funds is happening right under our noses and we do nothing about it.

Again, if I drink my paycheck up on Friday night and go to my boss crying I can't feed my kids, he'd tell me to get f'd. Rather than us telling our towns, cities, and schools to get f'd, we fall for their rhetoric and continue to pay more taxes.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just so you guys know, I do understand the inner workings of schools and teachers unions. My Mom was a teacher for 26 years. She was the head of her school's union for several years. She was so pro union and political that she gave me a list of names of who to vote for when I turned 18. She went to several NEA conferences also.

Every time her and I would debate public education and teachers unions, I'd ask her to name 1 thing that the NEA ever did to improve education. That ended the debate every time as she never had an answer.

I still know most of the teachers from my school and I still live in the same school district. I have a pretty good insight into which teachers are good and which ones are bad. My mom would regularly bad mouth the bad teachers. She loathed the fact that she had to represent the teachers that refused to join the union. These teachers know which teachers are bad but they will fight tooth and nail to keep rifs to the least senior teachers. Why? Because that insures they keep their jobs.

Out of all the teachers that I know in that corporation, I can count on 1 or 2 hands the number that are truly dedicated to their jobs. I'm talking about those that enjoy what they do and are there for the education of their students. The teachers that inspire large numbers of students to do better. The majority of those teachers are just as concerned about the politics of schools and their paychecks as they are about their students.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    One of our local schools actually hired a science teacher based on that person's alleged ability to coach basketball rather than hiring the person who would be the best at teaching the kids science.
    this is new to you? That's been going on down in this neck of the woods for YEARS!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    NHV,

Your profile says injured/full time dad. That basically means you don't have a typical 9-5 except for daddy daycare correct?

Yes, and?

Yes, and?
    Who paid your medical bills? Or continues to pay them?

Do you have some point?

I dont see anyone for my problems, because it's abunch quackery. However when I did, I was paying OUT OF MY POCKET.

Only way I will see a Doctor is if I can magically win the lotto, which is a fools game, and since Im not fool, I am destined to live out my injury.

On disability? Workers comp? On gov assistance? WIC? Not that you would admit it.

Nothing. Single Family income, wife is a nurse.

Do you have a point, or are you attempting to paint a picture here, something you are obviously becoming overly insultive about.

I will say, my wife has used WIC, but then again, her and I have both paid more in taxes than it has ever given us

Either way.

Either way, GFY, got that? You attempt to insult with being a burden upon Society, when that fact is clearly not in your favor.

My family is of meager financial income, but guess what, when we go out to we tip well beyond what most in higher brackets do.

There seems to be an awful lot you don't like about this country.

Yep, and Im not alone on that either.

DO YOU HAVE A POINT?

WANT ME TO BE SILENT ABOUT MY OPPOSITION TO COMMUNISM PERVERTING AMERICA?

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

What type of stupid question is this? Why am I here? I could very well ask you the samething, since you appearantly have a tolerant level for Communism perverting America, something our Founders would have NEVER tolerated as we can look back and easily observe.

Are you suggesting my opinion, view, beliefs and observations are any less than yours?

Why not fly to IRAQ, IRAN, China, Somalia? Then you can see what a real tyrannical communist gov or lack of gov is.

Somalia has a Government?
    Iran is Communist?

As far as tyrannical Communist Government goes, I can stay in America and observe it quite well.

Let the record show. I will donate $20.00 to NHV's leave America and renounce his citizenship fund because the United States of America is apparently just a mother****er for him to live in.

That's cute. Really. I say keep your money, perhaps you could invest more of it into the Democratic Party.

Or maybe you could donate it to someone willing to knock some sense into you. Your wife is a teacher right? Well, maybe you can inform her to instruct you in the injustices of assumptions, or perhaps being an a** <------- Seems like a character trait.

Anyways, tell your wife shes doing a great job at supporting a failed Government department, as are you.

To give you an idea of how competitive American schools are and how U.S. students performed compared with their European counterparts, we gave parts of an international test to some high school students in Belgium and in New Jersey.

Belgian kids cleaned the American kids' clocks, and called them "stupid."

We didn't pick smart kids to test in Europe and dumb kids in the United States. The American students attend an above-average school in New Jersey, and New Jersey's kids have test scores that are above average for America.

when students from 40 countries are tested, the Americans place 25th.

The longer kids stay in American schools, the worse they do in international competition. They do worse than kids from poorer countries that spend much less money on education, ranking behind not only Belgium but also Poland, the Czech Republic and South Korea.

This should come as no surprise if you remember that public education in the United States is a government monopoly. Don't like your public school? Tough. The school is terrible? Tough. Your taxes fund that school regardless of whether it's good or bad. That's why government monopolies routinely fail their customers.

John Stossel's 'Stupid in America' - ABC News

See, I can be cute, too.

Here's another nice site, on why NO ONE SHOULD SUPPORT PUBLIC SCHOOL.
    Academic Failure - International Test Scores - Poor TIMSS Results

I say holy crap if Hong Kong, South Korea and many other Nations are out performing Americans; who at one time had standards.

Perhaps this is before your ilk decided to support the destruction of America, dumbing down of American, and continue support of failed social programs.
    [ame=http://askville.amazon.com/United-States-rank-education-industrialized-nations/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=21721726]Where does the United States rank in education among industrialized nations?[/ame]

At this rate, we wont be too far off from the literacy rate of Astan.

I suggest you drop your d***ish tone with me, you didnt earn any coolboy points.

If I want a better America, than the crap Im being served, I have the right to demand it. I think I would have atleast that much right. In short, save your "love it or leave it" crap for the pathetic boons who will eat it up. :cheers:

So with no due respect , again, kindly... go jump on a broomstick.:thumbsup:

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Yes, and?
    Yes, and?
    Do you have some point?

I was setting up my point.

I dont see anyone for my problems, because it's abunch quackery. However when I did, I was paying OUT OF MY POCKET.

Prior post of yours says you joined the military and got injured. Did they not take care of you? They normally do.

Only way I will see a Doctor is if I can magically win the lotto, which is a fools game, and since Im not fool, I am destined to live out my injury.

Lottery is a tax for the poor

Nothing. Single Family income, wife is a nurse.
    Takes a real man to let his wife bring the bacon.

Do you have a point, or are you attempting to paint a picture here, something you are obviously becoming overly insultive about.

Sucks getting called out huh?

I will say, my wife has used WIC, but then again, her and I have both paid more in taxes than it has ever given us

OH! So this makes it ok? I'm glad to know that MY TAX DOLLARS FEEDS YOUR KIDS!!

Either way, GFY, got that? You attempt to insult with being a burden upon Society, when that fact is clearly not in your favor.

Ya sure? You said it yourself

My family is of meager financial income, but guess what, when we go out to we tip well beyond what most in higher brackets do.

Here, found a cookie in my car for you. A family of your meager financial income should not be eating out. But then again, who cares when I feed your kids.

WANT ME TO BE SILENT ABOUT MY OPPOSITION TO COMMUNISM PERVERTING AMERICA?

What steps are you taking besides racking up 1000+ post on an internet forum in 2 months?

What type of stupid question is this? Why am I here? I could very well ask you the samething, since you appearantly have a tolerant level for Communism perverting America, something our Founders would have NEVER tolerated as we can look back and easily observe.

My question still stands. WHY are you still here?

Somalia has a Government?
    Iran is Communist?

No, Lack of gov, which I stated. Iran? Tyrannical, go stand on the corner and complain and ***** about everything their tyrant does and see if you don't get whisked away for a good time.

As far as tyrannical Communist Government goes, I can stay in America and observe it quite well.

My question is WHY? Why stay? If I don't like a resturant I don't go, if I don't like a city I don't go, if I didn't like my neighborhood I would move. See the point here?

That's cute. Really. I say keep your money, perhaps you could invest more of it into the Democratic Party.
    Yes of course, I donate to the kick a heathen when he is down fund.

Or maybe you could donate it to someone willing to knock some sense into you. Your wife is a teacher right? Well, maybe you can inform her to instruct you in the injustices of assumptions, or perhaps being an a** <------- Seems like a character trait.

I'll raise my donation to $25 if that helps. That will give you a shot ok?

Anyways, tell your wife shes doing a great job at supporting a failed Government department, as are you.
    See, I can be cute, too.
    You know whats freaking funny about that? YOUR WIFE IS A NURSE! YAY for healthcare.

Here's another nice site, on why NO ONE SHOULD SUPPORT PUBLIC SCHOOL.
    Academic Failure - International Test Scores - Poor TIMSS Results

I say holy crap if Hong Kong, South Korea and many other Nations are out performing Americans; who at one time had standards.

Instead of sitting on your ass at home complaining on the interweb about how bad your life is and how you hate America. Go be a teacher, go make dumb kids smart.

Perhaps this is before your ilk decided to support the destruction of America, dumbing down of American, and continue support of failed social programs.

Here's some milk, eggs & cheese. Oh wait- I already bought you some.

You tell me

I suggest you drop your d***ish tone with me, you didnt earn any coolboy points.

Who's looking for cool points? I called you out for being a man-nanny america hating nut.

If I want a better America, than the crap Im being served, I have the right to demand it. I think I would have atleast that much right. In short, save your "love it or leave it" crap for the pathetic boons who will eat it up.

What gives you that right? If you lived in a communist tyrannical country-THEY WOULD CUT YOUR ****ING HEAD OFF for less than what you've said in this post.

So with no due respect , again, kindly... go jump on a broomstick.:thumbsup:

Sorry, gotta work now. Some of us men take care of our famalies.

Lets recap:

You, hate the government, hate education, disdain my god that MY country was founded on, hate healthcare etc etc.

But you let your wife take care of you, let the government take care of you, and do nothing but talk **** about the Good ol United States of America. Youre not different than a hood rat [strike]wanting[/strike] demanding more.
    :dunno:

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    New Sigline. Gubment assistance, gotta love it.

Also, Would love to see the check you write to the IRS refunding the EITC they gave you last year, and will give you this year. I seriously doubt ya'll paid more in taxes last year than Uncle WIC gave you. 2 people + kid +1 income = You didn't pay **** in taxes.

Last edited:

Micromanager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    There is no one answer to the problems education has. And even if we could identify them and figure out a fix to those problems, the answer would only work for a little while or only with some students. Why? Because students and education are dynamic, never staying the same. Kids in todays schools learn differently than the ones of 20 years ago and the problem is with the teachers who are static, and won't change their method of teaching. But regardless of our differing opinions, this thread is on buying school supplies for those in need and if you don't want to do that then, don't. But regardless of your personal opinions on public education there are many students have to attend public schools and can't afford supplies. Yes I realize that it is most likely because of deadbeat parents and people who choose to make choices to purchase things that they don't need rather than things they do, but their kids suffer, not the parents. That is just sad. I have at least 3 friends who lost their jobs lately due to the econonmy and I know they would appreciate the help. You know if you want to be a real benefit, you could go to the schools and ask if there is a parent who couldn't afford to pay their supply and fees last year a clear their slate with the corp. The schools know who can afford to pay and aren't and those that really don't have the money. Just my thoughts.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I was setting up my point.

No, you are merely attempting to degrade me, in a pathetic, low life manner.

Prior post of yours says you joined the military and got injured. Did they not take care of you? They normally do.

What do you think?

Lottery is a tax for the poor

:laugh:

Takes a real man to let his wife bring the bacon.

Keep talking, your historic knowledge of women and work is appearantly lost on you.

Sucks getting called out huh?

Um, are you really attemptingto prove something? You havent 'called' me out.
    I provide everything about me, free and with honesty.

If this is all you have, then all I can do is :laugh:

OH! So this makes it ok? I'm glad to know that MY TAX DOLLARS FEEDS YOUR KIDS!!

Grow up. The taxes I've paid, and that of my wife, what we have given for this this Government and it's ridiculous failed social programs.

And to be quite honest, much of th WIC food we have donated to poorer people than us.

So be happy, your tax dollars, you know, gracious money giver.... Is going to help some "needy" people.

And lastly, what makes you think we still use WIC? Grow up.

Here, found a cookie in my car for you. A family of your meager financial income should not be eating out. But then again, who cares when I feed your kids.

Keep the cookie, and dont instruct me on how to life my life - Communist.
    You have zero idea of what I mean by meager.

What steps are you taking besides racking up 1000+ post on an internet forum in 2 months?

If this is a comparison, you might well be shocked. But hey, that is neither here nor there, right.

My question still stands. WHY are you still here?

No, it doesnt stand. I can be where ever I want (Regarding I follow the rules of the establishment)

YOU MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO QUESTION ME, BUT WITH THAT, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO LAUGH IN YOUR FACE AND EXPLAIN HOW RIDICULOUS YOU ARE.

So if you need a specific answer, reread my post prior to this, when I laid out the basic's, as if you could not tell.

No, Lack of gov, which I stated. Iran? Tyrannical, go stand on the corner and complain and ***** about everything their tyrant does and see if you don't get whisked away for a good time.

Well, Im figuratively talking on my corner here, and I have my little Secret Police (VaGriller) attempting to silence me with some sort of false patriotic spill.

Hmmmmm.... Are you from Iran, vergingriller?

My question is WHY? Why stay? If I don't like a resturant I don't go, if I don't like a city I don't go, if I didn't like my neighborhood I would move. See the point here?

Why wont the captain abandon HIS SINKING SHIP?

Why do Patriots wish better for they're posterity?

WHY DIDNT THE FOUNDERS DO AS YOU SUGGESTED, and LEAVE INSTEAD OF FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING BETTER?

WHY DONT YOU QUIT MAKING AN A** OUT OF YOURSELF WITH THIS STUPID LOGIC?

See the points here?:dunno:

Yes of course, I donate to the kick a heathen when he is down fund.

That's fine.. :laugh: I love taking donations from communists.

I'll raise my donation to $25 if that helps. That will give you a shot ok?

Perhaps it could. I just wish you would not pimp yourself out to every man for that $25.

Instead of sitting on your ass at home complaining on the interweb about how bad your life is and how you hate America. Go be a teacher, go make dumb kids smart.

MY LIFE ISNT BAD AT ALL.

AND I CANT THINK OF MANY SANE AMERICANS WHO DO LIKE AMERICA RIGHT NOW.

I am a Teacher, amongst many other thing's. Daughter at less than one year isnt learning sign language by herself, or any of the numerous other thing's I've taught her.

Here's some milk, eggs & cheese. Oh wait- I already bought you some.

Been milking the old ball and chain, again. :rolleyes:

Who's looking for cool points? I called you out for being a man-nanny america hating nut.

Do you really think you are insulting me? I'd rather raise my own childen, than allow the sickos and anti-Americans at public school to even grace any of my children with a second of they're time.

Be about your business commie.

Folks,note that this sick puppy, is flamming because I dont accept the communism perverting America.

I guess it's wrong to disdain the same and worse failed social agendas, that obviousy vagengriller supports.

What gives you that right? If you lived in a communist tyrannical country-THEY WOULD CUT YOUR ****ING HEAD OFF for less than what you've said in this post.

Well, it is appearant you want me to shut up, when you zoned in on me.

And yes, Im well aware of what your communist ancestors are capable and willing to do.
    Thank the GODS I support the 2A :):laugh:

Sorry, gotta work now. Some of us men take care of our famalies.

Tell those guys to go easy on you. Pimpin aint easy.

Lets recap:

You, hate the government, hate education, disdain my god that MY country was founded on, hate healthcare etc etc.

I hate the governmnt, it's failed programs.

You are an idiot, as far as the god stuff. I started a group,for people of all faiths, to communicate civilly, and learn from each other.

My wife is a Christian, and I've done nothing but support her.

Research, my Posts here at INGO. I've been quite defensive for TRADITIONAL AMERICAN CHRISTIAN HERITAGE.

And furthermore, America today, isnt the America MY COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON.

But you let your wife take care of you, let the government take care of you, and do nothing but talk **** about the Good ol United States of America. Youre not different than a hood rat [strike]wanting[/strike] demanding more.
    :dunno:

The Government does NOT take care of me, I've refused everytime to seek out they're help.

MY WIFE takes care of me? Being that she doesnt support handing out children over to strangers, it's appearant that there is no greater or lesser equals.
    I take care of my children, I give her peace at mnd, knowing that our babies are in 100% great care, rather than tossing them over to the GOVERNMENT FOR IT'S ASSISTANCE.

Grow a brain. I relay on the Government as little as absolutely possible.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    this is new to you? That's been going on down in this neck of the woods for YEARS!

When I was in school the coaches seemed to get the jobs like Health Teacher or Driver's Ed. We even had a football coach that taught typing. I was surprised that the school made that kind of choice for science though.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon

Your rant wasn't even worth quoting. Youre a *****, a man who lets their wife go out into the world to bring the money home while you stay at home and play on the internet, let the gubment pay for your food. Stormfront would be so proud of you. A white Nationalist (racist) whose wife and gubment takes care of him.

I'd be pretty pissed off at the world too if my feet hurt and I stayed at home on the internet all day talking to the internet about how bad ass I look.

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom