• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    'I don't give a s--- that you feel sorry for me,' bereaved father of Isla Vista victim (VIDEO)

Richard Martinez seems to be pointing blame at every one else for the death of his son. Six victims were killed, three of them with a knife and its the politicians and the NRA's fault?

I know its my job to protect my wife, my son and my daughter, but why do some people not thinks its their job and its the governments job to protect their kids. Prepare yourself, and your family for the worst that could happen in any situation. Its like driving on 4 bald tires and then blaming the manufacture when one of them blows.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    'I don't give a s--- that you feel sorry for me,' bereaved father of Isla Vista victim (VIDEO)

Richard Martinez seems to be pointing blame at every one else for the death of his son. Six victims were killed, three of them with a knife and its the politicians and the NRA's fault?

I know its my job to protect my wife, my son and my daughter, but why do some people not thinks its their job and its the governments job to protect their kids. Prepare yourself, and your family for the worst that could happen in any situation. Its like driving on 4 bald tires and then blaming the manufacture when one of them blows.

It's all part of the conditioning for dependency on the almighty state.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sure, I feel sorry for him. He lost his son. That is a loss I cannot even wrap my brain around and I hope something I will never have to feel. I do not have to agree with him or his message to have compassion for him. Of course it's the parent's job to protect their kids. Sadly, you cannot be with them 24/7 as most of us have jobs so the kids either have to defend themselves or rely on the persons with whom they are left in the care of. So while we ARE the primary protectors, we are not the ONLY protectors. What the father is doing here seems to be a typical response to grief and very common.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Yeah, I'll give the guy a bit of a pass on whatever he wants to say and whoever he wants to blame. He's hurting worse than I ever hope to hurt.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I feel sorry for him. But not enough to listen to him.
    It was also his job to raise the kid. To teach the kid how do deal with life. He failed.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I think the loss of a child excuses a lot. However, I've always found people who jump up publicly in the days after losing a child and start using that as a call to action to be rather tasteless.

Maybe each person's grieving process is different, but I'm struck the same way every time this happens.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    My heart goes out to the father. I can only hope that he turns away from the liberal brainwashing and can somehow manage to see though his grief to the truth.

It is not that I do not feel for his loss. I feel sorry for him being conditioned to be one of the many sheep that can not think for themselves. Still; still we have these tragedies and and the liberally conditioned still at this point can't see the problem is not the tool? Really, can someone be so dense? Yes he is grief stricken, and he is angry at the senseless death of his son. But his liberal conditioning does not allow him to see that this killer used many tools to kill? And STILL all he can do is focus on the one, just one of the tools the killer used and not the source of the problem????? Wake up America, the killers are not killers because they sometimes use a gun to kill. Fix the problem, don't make another useless law that will in the end cause pain and suffering to those victims that no longer would have tools to defend themselves.

If this poor man wants his son's life to mean something then actually go after a real fix for the problem. Attacking guns is not the solution to the problem. This killers victims would still be dead, killed by guns, edged weapons or vehicles.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It was also his job to raise the kid. To teach the kid how do deal with life. He failed.

I'm not sure how anyone could believe anything other than this. I don't give a rat's azz if the loser is hurting. He failed. He should be full of guilt right now. He is a pathetic failure.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I mourn the loss of Christopher Michaels-Martinez AND the other 5 victims, AND the 13 wounded at the hands of a madman. The pain that brings to the survivors and families of the victims of those senselessly murdered is unfathomable.

I can't even blame Richard Martinez for not properly and sufficiently preparing Christopher to defend himself in what is, at times, a harsh and cruel world.

I DO, however, place FULL blame on Richard Martinez for NOT blaming the one who actually perpetrated the crimes, Elliot Rodger.

What I find MORE loathsome is Richard Martinez' exploitation of his son's murder to further his liberal agenda. It is not 'excused' as "grief for his son". For that, Martinez gets NO sympathy, no 'relief' and no quarter.

I know this is what Martinez is doing by his comment of “But assault rifles and semiautomatic weapons? There is no need for those except in war”, when we know that no 'assault rifle' or similar firearm was used by Rodger.

Martinez and the rabid anti-gun loons are doing EXACTLY what these mindless lunatics always do, exploit a tragedy for their own agenda. That's reprehensible, and ALL the criticism and bashing they receive from that exploitation is well-deserved.

It's now even more important for the pro-gun majority to 'dig in' and fight against these despicable people and their determination to not SOLVE the problem, but exacerbate even more violence and death.

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I understand his grievance but blaming the NRA, politicians and whatever else isn't exactly rational thinking. Maybe that's a start. It sends a bad message to youth, like, it's okay to commit crimes, just blame someone or some thing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I'm not sure how anyone could believe anything other than this. I don't give a rat's azz if the loser is hurting. He failed. He should be full of guilt right now. He is a pathetic failure.

To clarify guys, this is the father of a VICTIM... Not the shooter's dad.

As a father I grieve with him. I couldnt imagine my kid getting killed like this. I vehemently disagree with his outlook, but pray that he sees the error of his logic during the various stages of grieving. If not, then I cant help but call him insane. After all, insanity is the act of doing things over and over and expecting different outcomes. He lives in one of the most restrictive states in regards to 2A freedoms. He actively espouses his hatred of the the RTKBA, yet refuses to acknowledge that his (and others around him) hatred of guns by supporting prohibitions does nothing to prevent killings like this.

I wont go so far as to say he is responsible for his kid's death, but to have that attitude about guns and to stay in such a hoplophobic state does kinda make you wonder how much ancillary responsibility he has in this.

And under the circumstances, would having a gun have helped? I believe most of his shooting victims were part of a drive-by. Not exactly as easy as a pedestrian one on one confrontation where you have time to react because you are being robbed. I'll admit in this scenario, having a gun may not have helped these victims too much as the shooter was moving too fast and too erratic for a run of the mill carrier to defend against.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    To clarify guys, this is the father of a VICTIM... Not the shooter's dad.

As a father I grieve with him. I couldnt imagine my kid getting killed like this. I vehemently disagree with his outlook, but pray that he sees the error of his logic during the various stages of grieving. If not, then I cant help but call him insane. After all, insanity is the act of doing things over and over and expecting different outcomes. He lives in one of the most restrictive states in regards to 2A freedoms. He actively espouses his hatred of the the RTKBA, yet refuses to acknowledge that his (and others around him) hatred of guns by supporting prohibitions does nothing to prevent killings like this.

I wont go so far as to say he is responsible for his kid's death, but to have that attitude about guns and to stay in such a hoplophobic state does kinda make you wonder how much ancillary responsibility he has in this.

And under the circumstances, would having a gun have helped? I believe most of his shooting victims were part of a drive-by. Not exactly as easy as a pedestrian one on one confrontation where you have time to react because you are being robbed. I'll admit in this scenario, having a gun may not have helped these victims too much as the shooter was moving too fast and too erratic for a run of the mill carrier to defend against.

My mistake. I stand corrected.
    But the father of the kid that did the shooting is bellyaching it's the NRA's fault. At least I seem to remember reading that.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Its my job to protect EVERYBODY that i care about. Not yours, or anybody else's job. That will never change no matter what happens to me or my loved ones.

The only thing i want to change is how we deal with those that do harm to my loved ones. Nothing else.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Given how many people willingly relinquish control of their children for 180 days per year to the State, apparently it's the State's job to protect everyone's kids. The State of course does a spectacularly miserable job of this, but considering that most people keep sending their children year after year to eight-hours-per-day-five-days-per-week custody of the State, I guess they're pretty satisfied with total failure of the State to keep anyone's children safe. Deny the State. Homeschool. (Once I saw the thread title, I could not resist.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mourn the loss of Christopher Michaels-Martinez AND the other 5 victims, AND the 13 wounded at the hands of a madman. The pain that brings to the survivors and families of the victims of those senselessly murdered is unfathomable.

I can't even blame Richard Martinez for not properly and sufficiently preparing Christopher to defend himself in what is, at times, a harsh and cruel world.

I DO, however, place FULL blame on Richard Martinez for NOT blaming the one who actually perpetrated the crimes, Elliot Rodger.

What I find MORE loathsome is Richard Martinez' exploitation of his son's murder to further his liberal agenda. It is not 'excused' as "grief for his son". For that, Martinez gets NO sympathy, no 'relief' and no quarter.

I know this is what Martinez is doing by his comment of “But assault rifles and semiautomatic weapons? There is no need for those except in war”, when we know that no 'assault rifle' or similar firearm was used by Rodger.

Martinez and the rabid anti-gun loons are doing EXACTLY what these mindless lunatics always do, exploit a tragedy for their own agenda. That's reprehensible, and ALL the criticism and bashing they receive from that exploitation is well-deserved.

It's now even more important for the pro-gun majority to 'dig in' and fight against these despicable people and their determination to not SOLVE the problem, but exacerbate even more violence and death.

THIS exactly. You can tell who the ideology whores are. They sell even their own grief for the cause.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I've burried two sons. I could have blamed Riley Hospital, but I didn't - they were only doing their job. For a while I blamed God, but it wasn't His fault either. For years I blamed myself - I am their protectors and I made the decisions that ultimately did not save them. There's a part of me that will always accept the blame...but never the hospital, never the doctors, never those in charge of my sons care - they did their best. It wasn't enough.

He's lashing out, but at the wrong people and the wrong sources. I feel his grief. But he is wrong.

Top Bottom