• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    o ya. im ready to get my bass boat out on the water, i just got it last year and o ya, cant wait to get some me time, what you all think ? me time. right. nothing like the sun 4 or 5 poles and kick back and enjoy.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Man, weather like today's makes the urge to get out to the lake even worse! I've been driving my delivery truck all over Indy with the windows down, I love these spring "previews"!

We should find an area central to where everybody lives, I can't offer any advice for the guys flyfishing, but I'll sure enjoy watching you guys do it while I drown nightcrawlers!

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was going to try and throw some loops today after work. Was thinking about it all day at work, since the weather was so nice. Drove by the pond on my way home, and wouldn't ya know, the damn thing was frozen...doh.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Tailwaters with a small feeder creek down stream. Crappies can be caught NOW!!! And they have good/firm flesh(meat)

EggFooYoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I am ready NOW! Will get out there once the weather is nice enough to keep my hands warm.

Planned an Erie trip for perch and walleye in early August.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just stopped by my local pond, and the ice is still there, but starting to receed. Hopefully, with the warm temps tonight, I'll be able to get out tomorrow and throw some loops. I'll probably check it mid morning, and if it's still frozen, head over to the white river. Anyone up for it? Pending rain, of course.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, I still haven't fished, but drove by the pond today, and it's ice free! Anyway, I was on Orvis's website today, and they have a sale going on all their fly tying materials (20% off). I also happened to find this deal, so I ordered it. It's 20 of the "most popular" flies for trout for $10 and free shipping. Really good deal at $0.50/fly. When I went out west last summer, I could not find flies this cheap, even at the "big box discount stores." They limit it to one per household, and actually had to clear my browser history to find it again so I could give you all a "heads up." I have some trout flies left over from out west, but thought I'd get some more trout flies for the tailwaters this spring. Honestly, I believe these flies will catch gills and bass as well. Great deal to stock up on cheap flies.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I am sure ready. My sons and I just booked a week early May on Lake Cumberland at Wolfe Creek. Steaks, Red Stag, Shelled Peanuts, Cigars, Devil's Horse and Small Mouths. Wonder if I'll have my carry permit by then. Applied last week.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    2013-02-12_18-45-14_879_zpsb36f9e59.jpg

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Probably gonna clean up the rods this weekend. I gotta go buy golf balls, tees, new cleats, and some other golf stuff. Might swing into the fishing section over at Dicks and see what they got. I think my little brothers got into my box late last year, so no telling what damage they did.

Oh well, probably gonna make the wallet shed a tear. But moneys made to be spent, right?

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Got out yesterday after work for an hour or so. Man, am I rusty. My loops were all over the place. Toward the end, they were getting tighter, but I still need some more time to knock the rust off. Oh, I didn't catch a thing, other than some weeds on my back cast.

Top Bottom