• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I just recently applied online. There is a huge advantage to applying online! The process goes as follows.
    1. Fill out your application online and pay you state fee of $75 for lifetime +$10.95 extra for online fee (definately worth the extra money).
    2. Schedule an appointment with an L1 fingerprint site.
    3. Go to your appointment and get fingerprinted.
    4. Take the confirmation sheet that L1 gives you to your local PD station to pay your local fee.
    -As for your question of what happens at the local PD. It seems like it depends on what your local PD makes you do. I myself didn't have to do fingerprints at Highland's Police Department. All I had to do was go over my online app to make sure all my info was correct and gave them their $50 for local fee. Then they took me downstairs to take pictures for their records. And then I had to have a quick 2minute interview with chief of police and all he asks is "Why do you want your LTCH". Thats it. I got my permit within a weeks time! It's definately worth applying online.

I did mine in Merrillville...just like this guy put it....smooth sailin.
    Except they didnt take a pic of me and no interview, went iin, gave them 50 bucks and they said your good to go.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just recently applied online. There is a huge advantage to applying online! The process goes as follows.
    1. Fill out your application online and pay you state fee of $75 for lifetime +$10.95 extra for online fee (definately worth the extra money).
    2. Schedule an appointment with an L1 fingerprint site.
    3. Go to your appointment and get fingerprinted.
    4. Take the confirmation sheet that L1 gives you to your local PD station to pay your local fee.
    -As for your question of what happens at the local PD. It seems like it depends on what your local PD makes you do. I myself didn't have to do fingerprints at Highland's Police Department. All I had to do was go over my online app to make sure all my info was correct and gave them their $50 for local fee. Then they took me downstairs to take pictures for their records. And then I had to have a quick 2minute interview with chief of police and all he asks is "Why do you want your LTCH". Thats it. I got my permit within a weeks time! It's definately worth applying online.

You can also pay your state fee at L1, I did this.

All I had to do was go over the info on my app to make sure it was correct.

WHAT???? Your local P.D. took your picture ?? I don't see any reason for this. There's no picture requirement on the LTCH

Correct. Evansville PD got in a bit of trouble over this, thanks to (at the time, not-yet-Senator) Jim Tomes. I would recommend a call to ISP to inform them if anyone's local PD is still doing this.

Blessings,
    Bill

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    Filled out app for lifetime LTCH online, went to the Madison Co. Sheriff's office, pd. $50 cash, gave them a $75 M/O made out to the state, got fingerprinted and now I wait...shoulda done L1.:dunno:

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    L1 is easier but not necessarily quicker. I did my app and prints 12/28 and I'm still waiting for noblesville to call.

Gulfstreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Evansville,IN
    I applied online, did the L1 fingerprinting, paid a visit to local PD, paid the remaining fee, modeled for a quick pic, and received it approximately 3 weeks later. Quick and easy.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I also did mine with L1 quick and easy then went to scottsburg pd to do my finger printing then went to my local pd and paid my 50 bucks no questions asked and now just waiting its been about a week so hopefully it will be here soon. Also the L1 finger printing was actully pretty neat

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom