• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You might indeed be calling them in and not seeing them before they see you or smell you and leave the area.

They, like all animals, use every bit of cover that they can.

Part of calling them in is seeing them. It can be tough. Very tough.

I watch the TV shows that shows them running in across two miles of prairie while the hunter loads his rifle and waits. These are yotes that don't have any hunting pressure. I susppect where you are hunting, they might have learned a few things about humans.

Last edited:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Where your going might be the problem. I've seen as many as 10 coyote hunter there at one time. Those coyotes knows the calls and will not respond to them. You must use a different approach on those guys.
    As for pups, the will be in heat for the next couple of weeks. The pups will not be around for a couple of months.
    I'd try some of the old fashion mouth calls.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    Where your going might be the problem. I've seen as many as 10 coyote hunter there at one time. Those coyotes knows the calls and will not respond to them. You must use a different approach on those guys.
    As for pups, the will be in heat for the next couple of weeks. The pups will not be around for a couple of months.
    I'd try some of the old fashion mouth calls.

so does that mean the next couple week will be good or bad for calling ? then ofter they go out of heat what happens do the hide and not come out. will it be very slow calling till after the pups are born?

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    should be the best time to call. Just use mating calls, no animal.

Is a female invatation howl a mating call ( kinda sounds like it to me )

remember i have never called by myself. i have went with friends but thats it. If you get a chance yotewacker can you look at this list and tell me which sound will be best to use and which sound i should purchase that are not included with the call. all the sounds that are included with the call for free is the ones with the X in the inside colum it says " included with the alpha dogg" coyote and fox are going to be the main things i call.
    here is the link

http://www.primos.com/primos_sound.pdf

Top Bottom