• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zimzum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Chesterfield
    I had the same thing happen to me with a cat. Stinger entered just between the eyes and exited in front of the left rear leg. Shoulda been a DRT shot. Wasn't. Those smaller critters have comparitively small brains and sometimes what looks like a CNS shot isn't.

Sometimes a cat will surprise you when it comes to how much lead they can take.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    You've all missed the real answer.....

ZOMBIE SQUIRRELS!!!!!! :eek:

1186.jpg

:cheers:
    I'll take whatever zombies I can get! OPEN SEASON MUTHAS!

bigray46725

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    CC
    No kidding when i was younger i shot a raccoon with a 20gauge slug in the chest and it lived fought and fought with me so i ended up hitting it in the head with a hammer but WOW things are weird

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Seen a squirrel get hit over the weekend, Thursday or Friday (just hit the back half of it) and it made it about 6 feet while pulling it's limp body with it's front legs and then gave up. It was still there Sunday...

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    On the other hand, I took one with a body shot standing 100yds off from the apple tree a few days ago.

It flopped around a couple times and died.

Prone from a "sniper's nest" with a holdover, at least 100yds.

Gonna have to do something else; this weather lately has not been conducive to apple growing, and I don't need squirrels raiding on top of it. Can't shoot 'em all, and don't wanna anyway.

Anyone know anything that will keep them off my danged apple tree?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I have never heard of squirrel depredation.

A resident landowner or tenant may take, using legal methods, and without a permit, a raccoon, opossum, skunk, gray squirrel, fox squirrel, beaver, muskrat, mink, red fox, gray fox, or long-tailed weasel that is discovered damaging property. You must report the taking of the animal to a conservation officer within 72 hours. If the animal is released, it must be released in the county of capture and permission must be obtained from the property owner. The conservation officer will direct you as how to dispose of the animal.

Groundhogs (woodchucks) may be taken at any time using any equipment without a permit.

Coyotes may be taken at any time without a permit by landowners on the land they own or provide written permission for others to take coyotes on their land.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    what make/model of 22lr did you use?

It's a Romanian M69 Trainer. Not much to look at, but 'scoped it will do less than a time sized group at 50 yards. Barrel is floated, trigger is lightened, and I manufactured an improved extractor after the stock extractor broke.

On top of everything else, I just took most of the creep out of the trigger that could be safely taken out by reducing the sear contact, and so it breaks much more cleanly. Still drags just a little, but I no longer have to work to get groups. :rockwoot:

Before, the crosshairs would move when it fired. Now, due to the shortened pull and a trigger stop, the crosshairs don't move when I fire it from a rest.

I let my dad try it, and he thought the trigger was pretty light. That means it's perfect :D

However, I can cock it and slam the butt against the floor several times, and it will not slip the sear.

Totally safe, and outshoots many match rifles.

For $150. ;)

Bear1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Kokomo
    I was out this past Thursday, shot this lil rat 3x's in the head with a 22lr and he was still trying to run away. after i get up to him, he had an old gunshot wound that had gone into the right shoulder and came out the left side. I swear they are mutating into robo-rats

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We had piranhas. Once one ate the entire guts out of a goldfish. only the scales were left. So, imagine a complete looking fish, with the belly and everything from head to tail inside GONE. That thing swam around for days. You could see right through its scales. Creepiest thing I ever saw.

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    Sounds like an experiment I did in college that required me (the only guy in the class) to remove the top part of frogs heads. It was amazing. After a minute or two the decapitated frog would honch up on its legs like it was off to find some flys. It was working off the brain stem alone. Think of a chicken with its head cut off, it can run around for a while without any conscious thought. Never thought it could happen to a squirrel, course I tend to step on their heads anyway.

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    MY BUDDY PEPPERED A COUPLE OF SQUIRRELS WITH A 20 GA NUMBER 6 SHOT 2 WEEKS AGO . HE SHOT THEM IN THE TOP OF THE TREES THEY FELL HE PUT THEM IN HIS TURKEY VEST WE WALKED DOWN THE LOG TRAIL AND THEY STARTED MOVING . IT COULD HAVE BEEN A WINNER ON AMERICAS FUNNIEST VIDEOS

Top Bottom