Why do CZs seem to rule USPSA Production matches?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    Hmm, not really. CZ is kind of a black sheep everywhere except the competition circles. How many people do you know, besides those on here that are professed CZ nuts (myself included) do you know that carry one? None or few I'd imagine. However In most competitions anywhere in the world I would bet you would find more CZs or clones than almost any other pistol platform. And at least one shooter with a CZ or clone would probably be somewhere on the podium at the end of it.

Of course I could be wrong too IDK.

every sport has it's fads they go through. shooting is no different i have seen many different gun makers be on top just to change the next year when something new came out. it dosn't mean they are the best or worst it just means some top shooter was doing extraordinarily well with something so others jumped on the bandwagon

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I wonder if it will become the carry gun of choice. It the CZ can kick Glock out of its place in competition will it soon displace Glock in carry and Law Enforcement circles. If it can shoot fast and accurately why wouldn't it? It is better that a 9mm 1911 because of magazine capacity. Sounds to me like then need a marketing blitz.

No marketing necessary.... it already does. More CZs used by law enforcement and military than Glocks by a HUGE margin.

Last edited:

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    It's always interesting to me when the choice of a production class competition gun gets blended with a conversation on carry guns or LE fielding.

To date, I don't know anyone that carrys a 2011 with a charging handle, 170mm mag, electro optic site and giant compensator to Walmart in a pair of cargo shorts yet they seem to be all the rage in open where they shoot quickly and accurately.

The concept of competition and non competition guns is a clear line in the sand regardless of what terms were used to define the classes within USPSA. Once you cross that line any argument on the other side quickly becomes irrelevant or off balance based on other factors specific to the usage case.

The term "production" in USPSA means about as much as "Stock Car" does in NASCAR.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    What changed?

Tanfo! The huge beavertail doesn't conceal very well (one of the few things I don't like about it, actually) If my top secret "Project Unicorn Turd" goes as planned, my carry gun will be one that I'll compete with as well once again.

There's really no reason there needs to be a clear line in the sand for a production shooter between carry and comp guns.

I did relatively well in the earlier part of this competition season with a G17 that was also my carry piece. Even though I subjectively prefer CZ75 pattern pistols, my match results wouldn't be significantly different going back to a Glock.

The CZ75 stainless would be an awesome carry/comp gun, FWIW (unless you're one of the dainty types that can't handle an extra few ounces, anyway)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's always interesting to me when the choice of a production class competition gun gets blended with a conversation on carry guns or LE fielding.

To date, I don't know anyone that carrys a 2011 with a charging handle, 170mm mag, electro optic site and giant compensator to Walmart in a pair of cargo shorts yet they seem to be all the rage in open where they shoot quickly and accurately.

The concept of competition and non competition guns is a clear line in the sand regardless of what terms were used to define the classes within USPSA. Once you cross that line any argument on the other side quickly becomes irrelevant or off balance based on other factors specific to the usage case.

The term "production" in USPSA means about as much as "Stock Car" does in NASCAR.

Hmmmm . . . does it have to have the charging handle? That might poke me if I carried it AIWB. Or even in a chest rig.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not to thread-jack, but does anyone here have any experience with the single-action variations of the CZ75, and what are your thoughts about them? (I know this is taking the conversation somewhat away from Production, but just wondering about general impressions).

Top Bottom