Why do people prepare? Pole Shift: Real? When?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms - Salem-News.Com

Article from the Salem Oregon News. I find this quite interesting because many who believe that this may be cominng in the near future have been labeled as having their reynolds wrap headware a little too tight.
    The Myan calendar, ancient Sumarian writings, Egyptian hyroglyphs, the Book of Enoch, the Kolbrin and Christian Bibles and the speak of the Destroyer, Nibiru, Wormwood. Many know of this a Planet X. (PX)
    NASA, the US Government, and all sorts of other agencies would say and have said this PX doesn't exist. Yet it was discovered in the early 80's as it was reported in the Washington Post
    Washington Post December 30, 1983.
    At the time it was discovered, researchers did not know what it was and began attempts to do so. I remember this being a big deal in the 80's but the existance of PX had been denied in the mainstream media ever since.

Some may remember that recently (less than a month ago) The Tampa Airport was forced to shut down one of is runways to redisignate it due to the shifting magnetic poles.
    Tampa International Airport runway temporary closed as north magnetic pole shifts (Video) | Batangas Today | Breaking News, World News And More News

I think that finally, the self appointed keepers of the world are running out of excuses and that the general public, no matter how hard they've tried, cannot be decieved any more.

I would not be surpised in the least that news like this will start popping up in main stream media outlets.

Just my :twocents:. You can label me if you like, but I believe that someone should at least send the info out there. Hopefully it will spark some research and understanding for those who read.

Now if you'll excuse me***,I think it's time to buy another firearm. :D

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I first learned about our planet's shifting magnetic poles in college when I was taught "archaeo-paleomagnetic" dating techniques.

It's not exactly a secret.

sassy688

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Martinsville, IN
    Ah yes, you learned about pole-shifts in theory by scientists who have never experienced one. By mentioning Planet X, I think what stschil is attempting to provoke discussion and thought of is that we are possibly about to experience one in the flesh. It is highly believed that Nibiru entered our inner solar system in 2003 but "the powers that be" are supressing that data. Instead, if you look around, natural disasters and strange occurrances are happening all around us (global warming is only a symptom, as it is occurring with all the planets currently).

Links:

Live Internet Seismic Server Earthquake activity
    Real-time Magnetosphere Simulation Magnetosphere Anomalies

What could be causing this activity in a period when our sun is silent?

The bottom line? Get prepared.

I think I'm gonna go play with my AR-15 today! :rockwoot:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Well actually our magnetic poles have been shifting since 1904 (or about the time we started taking the first real scientific/accurate measurements).

54556main_nmppath2001_med.gif

So this really isn't a matter of "theory" - it's more just a measurable observation of our planet's constantly shifting magnetic field.

Which btw is caused by the constant movement of our planet's molten iron core which produces our planets magnetic field to begin with.

There is no scientific evidence that a mystery planet X even exists, let alone any evidence that this mystery planet X exerts any influence over our planet's magnetic field.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You can spend a lot of time worrying about the end of the world. Every culture in history has worried about it. Some of them have been destroyed (Pompeii?), most have just died off slowly (over the course of a generation or many generations).

Worrying about it is pointless. You should prepare for things that are likely to happen, and more importantly, that you can do something about. By being prepped for those things, on the off chance the TEOTWAWKI happens you'll be better off.

Just to put things in perspective:
    SHTF on INGO I've noticed since June 2010:
    2 Emergency surgery
    3 Divorce
    6 Serious car accidents no serious injury but car totaled
    2 Serious car accidents- injury requiring hospital
    1 Serious at fault car crash, 5 serious injuries, inadequate insurance
    9 Lost jobs/no new job ready to go
    7 Family deaths
    6 children born
    2 significant flooding events
    3 computer crashes with total loss of data/no backup
    1 major house fire-displaced occupants months later
    2 terminal illness in family diagnosis.
    4 household problems with freezing weather.
    A major winter storm that power outaged thousands of people for several days.

Note there have been no zombie apocalypse or major social collapse in that time, but each of these I grant you that these are just little figures I've been noting as I see them, and I may have missed a few. I don't think I missed a Zombie Apocalypse or major social collapse. Each one of those little SHTF or other events were life changing events for the folks involved.

Just something to think about when you prep.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Mayan calendars, Death Stars, Sumerian writings etc. Forget them. Once again, just watch the NUTTELLA supply. When that is in jeapordy, the end is near.

Seriously, if you want to discuss the possibility of these things, bring some science and do it. If this was meant to be an abstract but amusing discussion, fine.
    But as Shibumi stated, there are more pressing issues that are more likely to occur. I know that planning for the Apocalypse may excuse someone from finishing a degree or a job application or the deck out back. But it is esapism at best. Quit preparing for the Apocalypse and start planning for next Thursday!!

sassy688

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Martinsville, IN
    I will agree that everyone has their own personal apocalypse at some time in their lives. The topic that was brought to this forum was one of history and knowing our past, which our government and religion has done a great job suppressing and dumbing down our culture to "what you see before your eyes is all there is".

So, the man wants data. This website link will give you constant hard data on a daily basis. Check it out, read and try to understand that what is happening in this world is not “business as usual”. Suspend your disbelief for just a little while and check out the facts as they post them there for just a few days or even weeks. Things are happening fast now so there are dramatic events everyday. What you have learned in this life is so very little of what life really is.

http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blog/list

Here's another link to a newsletter that explains in excellent form for the newcomer to this new reality.

http://members.shaw.ca/c_wakefield/index.html

And here is the link to the ZetaTalk website.

www.Zetatalk.com

Spend some time investigating, thinking, observing and talking to others about what they see happening all around them.

Then, spend some time investigating what your own government is doing currently. Watch some of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory episodes (especially Apocalypse 2012 and the FEMA camps), listen to Alex Jones on YouTube, Brad Meltzers decoded on the Georgia Guidestones...what is it that they all have in common?? Why would the powers that be WANT a financial collapse (as this crisis has been planned), why the need for underground bunkers, why the FEMA camps, why the huge death tolls prophesied? WHO IS TELLING US THE TRUTH?

Why is our government preparing for the New Madrid fault to blow up by ordering millions of underwater body bags, coffins, blankets, food and water supplies? Spending a half a billion dollars at least! Why if it’s all and exercise or pretend? Here’s a link to data regarding the New Madrid “preparedness” FEMA program, which is part of the 7 of 10 events due to Planet X’s presence in our inner solar system:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0e4F_nkBlg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0e4F_nkBlg[/ame]

As the gentleman, who doesn’t mention Planet X, says in this vid, if you can’t see anything in any of this information, then honestly I can say you will be put in a bad situation by this event.

Do you trust our government to tell us the truth about anything? They wouldn’t tell us because it would change the way we all live. Why would they lie about Planet X? How could they try to save 7 billion people and keep their power structures as is? That's why.

You want proof? I present these links as only a FEW of the websites that I have investigated. Go research. The information’s out there backed with science and data. But the powers that be KNOW us Americans are too lazy to spend the time researching, so they will win and many more will die than necessary.

There are worse things in this world than death, but most people don't have the guts to look them in the face. I have and am prepared. Godspeed! :biggun:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I guess for me, it's about the big "What If"
    There are many things that modern so called scientists have gone round and round about. Every one has their own opinion and each one thinks that his/her opinion is the only correct one. But it still always comes back to that nagging "what if", over and over againl.

I'm sure there were a whole bunch of people in New Orleans that thougt that the levys could never break.....they were incorrect.

I'm sure there were lots of lots of people around Mt St Helens that didn't think that that particular volcano would ever erupt in their lifetime...again, incorrect.

More recently, there were more people than I care to admit that didn't think the weather in Indiana would get bad enough that they would get stranded on the side of a road while 'running to the store' to pick up a few things while the snow was falling and wind was blowing on Tuesday evening.

I look to the future and think "What if all these alternative media outlets are correct?"
    So, I prepare.Like everyone else, I stock items with long shelf life. I try to figure out answers to energy issues, ie generators, solar, biofuels, batteries. Which is better, which is safer, which is more reliable? I read. I research. I practice old skills, learn new ones.

To answer one posted question, Yes, intended for this to be up for discussion. I don't plan on winning people over, nor do I intend to sit back and pooh pooh anyone elses opinion just because I don't think the same way.

I do, however, have the opinion that there is much much more going on in our world than we (collectively) are being told. And that any good human being has a duty to try to help and inform others so that they can prepare and survive should the "what if" actually come to pass. :twocents:

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    I guess for me, it's about the big "What If"
    There are many things that modern so called scientists have gone round and round about. Every one has their own opinion and each one thinks that his/her opinion is the only correct one. But it still always comes back to that nagging "what if", over and over againl.

I'm sure there were a whole bunch of people in New Orleans that thougt that the levys could never break.....they were incorrect.

I'm sure there were lots of lots of people around Mt St Helens that didn't think that that particular volcano would ever erupt in their lifetime...again, incorrect.

More recently, there were more people than I care to admit that didn't think the weather in Indiana would get bad enough that they would get stranded on the side of a road while 'running to the store' to pick up a few things while the snow was falling and wind was blowing on Tuesday evening.

I look to the future and think "What if all these alternative media outlets are correct?"
    So, I prepare.Like everyone else, I stock items with long shelf life. I try to figure out answers to energy issues, ie generators, solar, biofuels, batteries. Which is better, which is safer, which is more reliable? I read. I research. I practice old skills, learn new ones.

To answer one posted question, Yes, intended for this to be up for discussion. I don't plan on winning people over, nor do I intend to sit back and pooh pooh anyone elses opinion just because I don't think the same way.

I do, however, have the opinion that there is much much more going on in our world than we (collectively) are being told. And that any good human being has a duty to try to help and inform others so that they can prepare and survive should the "what if" actually come to pass. :twocents:

It is mind blowing to me, how many people don't see what is happening. I can't hardly believe it. anyone I talk to just say.."Oh we have been thru things like this before,we will be fine" and these are like 30-40year olds. I would say there is something wrong with you,if you think in the last 30-40 years we have seen anything like what we are seeing take place these days. Repage coming your way.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Wow...ZetaTalk...haven't been to that site in years...it was interesting until they started spurting excuses for why the S hadn't H T F like the aliens (zetas) promised it would....that was at least 5 years ago...I wonder how many predictions the omniscient zetas have blown since then.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009

Sure there are things that "they" don't want the general public to know, but for the most part it's safest to follow the "never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity."

As a scientist and one very thoroughly grounded in the basics of most sciences, my opinion is that science is a messy business because by its very nature it is designed to be messy. It is designed to be questioned constantly so that better and more accurate answers can result. Add to the mix that politicians, religious leaders, and anyone who has a political agenda, even some scientists themselves, will twist it to their own ends, and an uneducated person will have an impossible time making sense of it.

The reason I DON'T follow the "alternative" sources is because I have enough education and knowledge and direct experience to see that much of what those types of site offer is at least as manipulative as the mainstream, if not more. They all prey on the general ignorance of the average person by offering what those people want to see or hear. Sometimes it's to their own ends, and sometimes it's simply for reasons of by being able to get enough people convinced they can validate their own fears. Buried deep in the human psyche individually and collectively is the feeling of impending doom. That's one of the most easily exploited human emotions, right up there with our sex drive.

The reason I spend time and effort arguing with posts like yours is because I see doom and gloom as the forces of evil. Sure, bad things WILL happen to most of us throughout our lives, and it is prudent to prepare for the ones that are both likely to happen (like the ones I listed), and that we can reasonably hope to mitigate. The happy side effect of being prepared for the likely events we can affect is that we are also better prepared for the major events we can't control.

Meanwhile, the doom and gloom mentality is highly contagious and it feeds on itself, and here's the important part: it tends to make it more likely that doom and gloom will happen and it reduces people's abilities to respond and survive it. A survivalist is one who will do their best to deal with the situation to the best of their ability, and get on with it and live their life as best they can under the new circumstances. The only thing guaranteed in life is that it ultimately will end at some time and what you do until then and how you spend that time is your only shot at this part of it. This holds true whether you believe in an afterlife or not.

sassy688

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Martinsville, IN
    Wow...ZetaTalk...haven't been to that site in years...it was interesting until they started spurting excuses for why the S hadn't H T F like the aliens (zetas) promised it would....that was at least 5 years ago...I wonder how many predictions the omniscient zetas have blown since then.

Lex, if you go to the ZetaTalk website and search for the “white lie”, their explanation was that they wanted to force the power’s that be into a mistake, because it was too early. IMHO, they made a drastic mistake because it lost a lot of people at the time. However, nowadays, their predictions are so accurate that it is scary.

The 7 of 10 sequence that they announced late last year are:

• a tipping Indo-Australia Plate with Indonesia sinking,
    • a folding Pacific allowing S America to roll,
    • a tearing of the south Atlantic Rift allowing Africa to roll and the floor of the Mediterranean to drop,
    • great quakes in Japan followed by the New Madrid adjustment,
    • which is followed almost instantly by the tearing of the north Atlantic Rift with consequent European tsunami.

I was originally prepping for a financial collapse, which as an accountant I have been convinced was coming our way for a long time. I was only linked to the ZetaTalk website a couple of months ago and was astonished that it answered all my questions about the strange things I saw going on around me. It was our own government’s actions that started me questioning…the underground facilities, the FEMA camps, the planned financial collapse left me wondering WHY, WHY, WHY? Then, just in the past couple of weeks, FEMA has been putting out RFI’s for millions of underwater bodybags, coffins, MRE’s, blankets, water, etc. for a purported “drill” regarding the New Madrid. Drill? Horse manure!! Why would they spend a half a billion dollars on a drill with all the supplies they are requesting quotes on? They KNOW something is about to happen and are preparing.

My nephew tried to teach me about Planet X a few years ago, I investigated briefly and disregarded it at the time. But, no more. I’m still only about 95% convinced, but something I know for sure…something is definitely not right in Oz.:ar15:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Sure there are things that "they" don't want the general public to know, but for the most part it's safest to follow the "never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity."

As a scientist and one very thoroughly grounded in the basics of most sciences, my opinion is that science is a messy business because by its very nature it is designed to be messy. It is designed to be questioned constantly so that better and more accurate answers can result. Add to the mix that politicians, religious leaders, and anyone who has a political agenda, even some scientists themselves, will twist it to their own ends, and an uneducated person will have an impossible time making sense of it.

The reason I DON'T follow the "alternative" sources is because I have enough education and knowledge and direct experience to see that much of what those types of site offer is at least as manipulative as the mainstream, if not more. They all prey on the general ignorance of the average person by offering what those people want to see or hear. Sometimes it's to their own ends, and sometimes it's simply for reasons of by being able to get enough people convinced they can validate their own fears. Buried deep in the human psyche individually and collectively is the feeling of impending doom. That's one of the most easily exploited human emotions, right up there with our sex drive.

The reason I spend time and effort arguing with posts like yours is because I see doom and gloom as the forces of evil. Sure, bad things WILL happen to most of us throughout our lives, and it is prudent to prepare for the ones that are both likely to happen (like the ones I listed), and that we can reasonably hope to mitigate. The happy side effect of being prepared for the likely events we can affect is that we are also better prepared for the major events we can't control.

Meanwhile, the doom and gloom mentality is highly contagious and it feeds on itself, and here's the important part: it tends to make it more likely that doom and gloom will happen and it reduces people's abilities to respond and survive it. A survivalist is one who will do their best to deal with the situation to the best of their ability, and get on with it and live their life as best they can under the new circumstances. The only thing guaranteed in life is that it ultimately will end at some time and what you do until then and how you spend that time is your only shot at this part of it. This holds true whether you believe in an afterlife or not.

Can't say that I am trying to spread doom and gloom. I'm definately not one to don sackcloth and run amok in the streets screaming the sky is falling. I simply wanted to spark an open discussion to see what/how other people think/feel about the events going on in our world today.

I agree that there are some sites out there that do practice fearmongering for whatever reason, however, on the other side of that, there are some that merely report.

Now as far as education and experience goes, I would consider myself in the above average column in that respect. I read, research, listen constantly. Education never truely ends IMO. Not intending to be disrepectful, but I believe that true ignorance manifests itself when an educated person discounts information merely because it doesn't mesh with what that person has learned in the past.

sassy688

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Martinsville, IN

I respectfully disagree regarding the alternative media. I think many are frustrated because so many people are wandering around in a daze at the very threats we are facing, loss of liberty, direct threats to their finances and physical security, etc. They are calling people to ACTION. When the general populace is educated, responds to a threat, the threat can then be dealt with. However, if the people are not educated or respond with apathy, which runs rampant in our society, their world changes and not necessarily for the better.

You are grounded in the sciences…which sciences? The ones you have been taught in school? Our education system is one of much disinformation. I prefer a hands-on approach…getting out in the real world you discover how much of what you’ve been taught is nothing more than lies. I, also, am highly educated, graduated top of my college class, but I have an awareness of what I have been taught is what others wanted me to believe is truth. The truth lies in the experience, not in the education (though it can assist the experience). The greatest scholars in our human experience have been those who have gone outside standard teachings to discover things were not always as they seemed – yet they were branded fools or heretics.

As for approaching these events with fear…known threats can be dealt with, regardless of fear…why else would evil do its greatest work under the cover of darkness and secrecy?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now as far as education and experience goes, I would consider myself in the above average column in that respect. I read, research, listen constantly. Education never truely ends IMO. Not intending to be disrepectful, but I believe that true ignorance manifests itself when an educated person discounts information merely because it doesn't mesh with what that person has learned in the past.

That certainly happens a lot too, no argument from me. Some of the most highly educated people I know are also among the most dogmatic.

There is nothing wrong about questioning what is "known", but there comes a time when someone says "accept what I say with no evidence to back it up, in spite of the fact that it directly contradicts what you can repeatably direct observe" when you have to discount it. There comes a time when someone loads a statement with such obvious psuedo-facts and technical babble that to anyone who knows anything about the topic at hand is clearly just semi-random stringing together of plausible sounding words, that you simply have to ignore them because they are presenting no real evidence.

You want me to take your word on faith I'm not going to when it contradicts what I know. If you offer me real evidence and facts that I or other folks can go out and independently verify and repeat, then I'll listen, even when it contradicts what I know. But don't put out a bunch of techno-babble and expect me to take it seriously. The "alternative" websites I've viewed over the years, to a one, do exactly that, while hiding behind the "keep an open mind" mantra. Uh huh, keep an open mind except take what you say on faith. Riiigght...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom