Why do people prepare? Pole Shift: Real? When?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Isn't that due to the changing direction of the wind? Planes have to take off into the wind and land into the wind for stabilization.

Nope. An airport may chose to install a new runway based on making it more aligned with wind direction, but actual designation of runways (ie, runway 9-27) has to do with the compass headings that the particular runway is aligned with. The redesignation (such as the one that happened a month or so ago) means that the actual direction of the runway is no longer aligned with the magnetic reading of a compass that it once was.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Airports change runway designations regularly, and always have.

Runway designations aren't based on the magnetic pole but rather the earth's axis.

As someone noted earlier, the magnetic shift is a result of the shifting and churning of the molten iron core at the center of our planet, and as such can and could shift 180 degrees very rapidly.

I did just finish reading a fun book the other day about the end of the world, the Mayan calendar, alchemy, science, religion and light all brought into a single story, where at the end of the Mayan calendar, December 21, 2012, electromagnetic energy from outside our solar system came crashing through it. As a result of a supernova that was detected back in 1997, the end of the Mayan calendar had predicted that the stellar event would increase in electromagnetic wave strength, causing huge sunspots and solar flares, releasing huge bursts of gamma rays.

I think it was called Beyond 2012, The Omega Point.

Sounds plausible and realistic enough to keep you reading.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Runway designations aren't based on the magnetic pole but rather the earth's axis....

You should probably notify the FAA on this, because they are using magnetic direction as well:

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/aim/Chap2/aim0203.html

b. Runway Designators. Runway numbers and letters are determined from the approach direction. The runway number is the whole number nearest one-tenth the magnetic azimuth of the centerline of the runway, measured clockwise from the magnetic north. The letters, differentiate between left (L), right (R), or center (C), parallel runways, as applicable:

dwagner3701

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    South of Lafayette
    They had a program about this on the history channel about 4 years ago. They showed how they could tell by the strata on an exposed cliff when this has happened. The layers of stratification lay out differently as I remember. They claimed that this has happened several times.....like every 250,000 years. And I believe they said that it takes approximately 25,000 years for a complete swap. During the "swap" is when the various "ice ages" occurred...volcano eruptions, and the like. It was very interesting. How accurate they are is up for debate.

sassy688

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Martinsville, IN
    They had a program about this on the history channel about 4 years ago. They showed how they could tell by the strata on an exposed cliff when this has happened. The layers of stratification lay out differently as I remember. They claimed that this has happened several times.....like every 250,000 years. And I believe they said that it takes approximately 25,000 years for a complete swap. During the "swap" is when the various "ice ages" occurred...volcano eruptions, and the like. It was very interesting. How accurate they are is up for debate.

According to what I have been reading, Planet X enters our solar system ever 3,657 years and, depending on how close it comes to the Earth, a pole-shift occurs because Planet X is a highly magnetic planet and interacts with the Earth’s core as in a repelling magnet. As it approaches, the Earth’s core repels away from it. However, each time it passes the earth on its exit out of the solar system, as The Destroyer passes, the Earth’s core snaps back, causing the crust to shift violently. The pass coming up, probably within the next year as many people believe it to be, is coming extremely close.... The actual snap back of the shift will take an hour, a very horrifying hour.

However, as I mentioned earlier, there are many signs on the more near horizon, what is called the 7 of 10 scenarios. By the time these really kick off, we will all know one way or the other whether Planet X is a hoax or a reality. Going to the link I provided in an earlier post, the blog site, you will see updates from people around the world about earth changes in their parts of the world. Right now, Indonesia and the Phillipines are indeed sinking, Australia’s floods don’t have anything to do with rain, Japan has 3 volcanoes going off, earthquake activity is off the charts around the areas described in the 7 of 10, the magnetosphere is behaving like it has never been recorded in history before, wildlife dying unexpectedly (from methane gas)…with a media blackout on these events, the general public is totally unaware of these events.

There have been many pole-shifts in the past, but most are not very severe. This one is supposed to be a whopper.

Heh, I like my a tinfoil hat – it’s flattering! :tinfoil:

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    You can spend a lot of time worrying about the end of the world. Every culture in history has worried about it. Some of them have been destroyed (Pompeii?), most have just died off slowly (over the course of a generation or many generations).

Worrying about it is pointless. You should prepare for things that are likely to happen, and more importantly, that you can do something about. By being prepped for those things, on the off chance the TEOTWAWKI happens you'll be better off.

Just to put things in perspective:
    SHTF on INGO I've noticed since June 2010:
    2 Emergency surgery
    3 Divorce
    6 Serious car accidents no serious injury but car totaled
    2 Serious car accidents- injury requiring hospital
    1 Serious at fault car crash, 5 serious injuries, inadequate insurance
    9 Lost jobs/no new job ready to go
    7 Family deaths
    6 children born
    2 significant flooding events
    3 computer crashes with total loss of data/no backup
    1 major house fire-displaced occupants months later
    2 terminal illness in family diagnosis.
    4 household problems with freezing weather.
    A major winter storm that power outaged thousands of people for several days.

Note there have been no zombie apocalypse or major social collapse in that time, but each of these I grant you that these are just little figures I've been noting as I see them, and I may have missed a few. I don't think I missed a Zombie Apocalypse or major social collapse. Each one of those little SHTF or other events were life changing events for the folks involved.

Just something to think about when you prep.

exactly what i was thinking on the subject

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    You can spend a lot of time worrying about the end of the world. Every culture in history has worried about it. Some of them have been destroyed (Pompeii?), most have just died off slowly (over the course of a generation or many generations).

Worrying about it is pointless. You should prepare for things that are likely to happen, and more importantly, that you can do something about. By being prepped for those things, on the off chance the TEOTWAWKI happens you'll be better off.

2 Emergency surgery
    3 Divorce
    7 Family deaths
    6 children born

Note there have been no zombie apocalypse or major social collapse in that time, but each of these I grant you that these are just little figures I've been noting as I see them, and I may have missed a few. I don't think I missed a Zombie Apocalypse or major social collapse. Each one of those little SHTF or other events were life changing events for the folks involved.

:yesway:

Thanks for putting things in perspective.

Ya know, it would be nice if people out there could focus on something they can significantly influence - like say spending - instead of something they can't (whether or not it is a problem) like global warming.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In

2 Emergency surgery
    3 Divorce
    7 Family deaths
    6 children born

The goberment, yes i said goberment is going to have to yank the cheese off the cracker for all the free loaders in this country sometime soon! Social security is going to be the breaking point, Feed the poor and let the old rott is coming! OH wait thats already here:D

Top Bottom