Why do you include a wink in your posts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Half-glocked, keep on smiling and forget those who hate smiling. Smiling is contagious and can help make the job more fun, plus if you come across a potential cute girl, not smiling would be a turn off. ;)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Phew! I was worried for a second. I wouldn't want to be considered forward by all the fine INGO folks.

A week into my current job, I was pulled aside by one of the older ladies working in the warehouse and told that I smiled too much, and that it was giving people the wrong idea.

Ever since then I have tried to go through life with a scowl on my face, I didn't even think about the fact that my emoticons should reflect the same thing. I am ashamed. From now on, I will only use this one, ":xmad:".

PS, I'm about to rep everybody on this thread that I can. This has been fun.

:popcorn: (dang it! I forgot! last non-mad emoticon, I promise)

I had a grumpy boss tell me one time that I did not need to say hi to him every time I passed him in the hall. This was in a corporate setting and we would pass in the halls frequently. Most people extended niceties when passing. I was in my early 30's & bubbly, he wasn't much older but hated life and was just a grump. I tried to be less bubbly around him.

At other places, also in a corporate setting, I have been known to make people exchange niceties with me. The grumpy unhappy people would try to keep to themselves and continue being grumpy. I would always smile at them and greet them. Usually I could get them to at least smile back and sometimes even greet me when they saw me. Some people just need a little kindness to allow them to open up.

Top Bottom