Why do you include a wink in your posts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Because I think you are cute... ;)
    66973d1348894683t-cute-smileys-u-cute-cute-smile-girl-smiley-emoticon-000353-large.gif

;)

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I've noticed a lot that people will say they won't do something (usually illegal) and they'll put a ;) next to it. For example I just saw someone was talking about how they wanted a laptop bag with a holster in it for school (but wouldn't carry into the school ;) ). I've also seen people talking the same about putting a vertical grip on a handgun ;) or shortening their shotguns past legal length ;) , etc. Do people think that the powers that be don't read this board for posts exactly like that? That winky face gives you away just fyi.

I'm guessing this thread didn't go the way you were expecting.
    lucy-pinder-hot-shots-wink.gif

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I do a blue smiley to warm things up. It's to signify that my comment should be taken in a light hearted manner.

It's not funny enough for a full smiley or sarcastic enough for purple. It's my way of saying don't take it too seriously.

In all honesty I didn't even realize it was a wink until Que just pointed it out. That almost creates a dilemma. I don't usually wink at real people because I think it's a little on the risque side. Is it appropriate to wink at people online?

It must me ok to do, I can't say that I have been approached online for winking at people in posts.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow, I've just arrived at the conclusion that there are some things in medicine I'm better off not knowing. I'd ;) but now I'm not so confident with myself...Thanks Doc!

Like I said upthread, NEVER click on his links. Ever! It's always something that's intriguingly grossening. You want to vomit but yet your curiosity urges you to keep reading at the same time. It's quite the dilemma.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Like I said upthread, NEVER click on his links. Ever! It's always something that's intriguingly grossening. You want to vomit but yet your curiosity urges you to keep reading at the same time. It's quite the dilemma.

Nah...you just get grossed out easily

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I do a blue smiley to warm things up. It's to signify that my comment should be taken in a light hearted manner.

It's not funny enough for a full smiley or sarcastic enough for purple. It's my way of saying don't take it too seriously.

In all honesty I didn't even realize it was a wink until Que just pointed it out. That almost creates a dilemma. I don't usually wink at real people because I think it's a little on the risque side. Is it appropriate to wink at people online?

It must me ok to do, I can't say that I have been approached online for winking at people in posts.

Phew! I was worried for a second. I wouldn't want to be considered forward by all the fine INGO folks.

A week into my current job, I was pulled aside by one of the older ladies working in the warehouse and told that I smiled too much, and that it was giving people the wrong idea.

Ever since then I have tried to go through life with a scowl on my face, I didn't even think about the fact that my emoticons should reflect the same thing. I am ashamed. From now on, I will only use this one, ":xmad:".

PS, I'm about to rep everybody on this thread that I can. This has been fun.

:popcorn: (dang it! I forgot! last non-mad emoticon, I promise)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Phew! I was worried for a second. I wouldn't want to be considered forward by all the fine INGO folks.

A week into my current job, I was pulled aside by one of the older ladies working in the warehouse and told that I smiled too much, and that it was giving people the wrong idea.

Ever since then I have tried to go through life with a scowl on my face, I didn't even think about the fact that my emoticons should reflect the same thing. I am ashamed. From now on, I will only use this one, ":xmad:".

PS, I'm about to rep everybody on this thread that I can. This has been fun.

:popcorn: (dang it! I forgot! last non-mad emoticon, I promise)

Smiled too much?????
    Tell her, "I smile because in my mind, I've killed you 3 times."
    Well, maybe you shouldn't say that. People nowadays probably call the cops.
    Smile if you want.
    Don't smile if you want.
    Everyone else can F off.

Top Bottom