Why does it seem like LEO's don't know how to use anything but their firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It sounds like they need more hands on practice using their handguns so they can hit what they are aiming at.
    I was always told to look past your target to see what you could hit if the bullet passes through or if you miss the target.
    To be fair, the shooter was not negligent WRT his backstop. At least, this story as reported bears no evidence of such. The report is that a round found an upright surface in the sidewalk and ricocheted back at them. The partner caught it in the arm.

It does raise a question in my mind, in an urban shooting environment, what is the prevalence of reciprocal ricochets? In a wooded, rural Indiana environment, the vast majority of the terrain will act as a bullet sponge. In the concrete jungle, not so much.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It does raise a question in my mind, in an urban shooting environment, what is the prevalence of reciprocal ricochets? In a wooded, rural Indiana environment, the vast majority of the terrain will act as a bullet sponge. In the concrete jungle, not so much.

When I shoot dogs I usually wait until they are standing on grass. Usually there is at aleast the greenway between the street and sidewalk to use.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Cops not shooting animals is not good enough for 10 O'Clock news. Cops shooting anything at all is "news." You won't hear about the cops who rescued a dog from owner abuse without shooting it.

Also, the officer did not shoot his partner. The round was deflected and hit his partner.

+1 to you. There are officers that make mistakes. But there are way more that work their butts of for us!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Also, the officer did not shoot his partner. The round was deflected and hit his partner.

I was taught that every round that leaves your barrel belongs to you. Has that rule changed since I last fired a gun?

Top Bottom