• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Ukraine counts because we do not need the idiot Putin to believe he can recreate the Russian Empire based on the false premise that there are Russian descent people living is a part of Ukraine in the same manner that the maniac Hitler joined the Sudetenland as a precursor to WWII. Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Period!!!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Ukraine counts because we do not need the idiot Putin to believe he can recreate the Russian Empire based on the false premise that there are Russian descent people living is a part of Ukraine in the same manner that the maniac Hitler joined the Sudetenland as a precursor to WWII. Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Period!!!
    We didn't join the war till Pearl Harbor.

It's an EU problem, let them sort it out.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Mexicans have done that for decades sending their kids over the boarder.
    The UkrainianIans are not sending their kids over the boarder willingly. They are desperately doing want they can to protect their children in any way they can because the do not know what their destiny will be tomorrow based on what happened in Bucha.

I find your comparison heartless, but that is your right to say.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Mexican cartels would call it a slow day.
    I am not really following your point here. So people getting killed in Ukraine don’t matter because criminals are doing the same thing in Mexico? Is one worse than the other? Does nothing matter unless it happens on US soil?

I can understand not wanting to expend American blood and treasure but having no sympathy for the individuals is very cold if that’s where you are coming from.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I am not really following your point here. So people getting killed in Ukraine don’t matter because criminals are doing the same thing in Mexico? Is one worse than the other? Does nothing matter unless it happens on US soil?

I can understand not wanting to expend American blood and treasure but having no sympathy for the individuals is very cold if that’s where you are coming from.
    I think he is saying that one is happening on our border and the other isn't so why should we care about what the people of Ukraine are going through. That's their tough luck. We should be focused on what is going on south of our border and let Europe worry about what goes on there. There's no room for any sympathy for the plight of the Ukranian people.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I think he is saying that one is happening on our border and the other isn't so why should we care about what the people of Ukraine are going through. That's their tough luck. We should be focused on what is going on south of our border and let Europe worry about what goes on there. There's no room for any sympathy for the plight of the Ukranian people.
    Oh, I see. The thinking is the proximity of Mexico somehow makes it more important.

My opinion is that it is ok to have sympathy for those suffering due to either war or drug crime without necessarily supporting direct military action in either case.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    A 95 year old woman that has lived through Holodomor, and World War II, she cries for Ukrainian independence, she is tired of living under the opresive yoke of Russia. She asks Putin "Don't you have enough land in Russia?"

In her I see the sole of all of those Ukrainians that tasted independance from Russia for the last 39 years, and fear it is being snatched away from them.

Top Bottom