• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We should utilize the dueling tree for its namesake here on INGO. Rather than ban 2 folks for name calling and fighting each other on the boards any squabbles will be handled in a modern day (non-lethal) version of the time honored duel. The real contest will result in a virtual death (banning) of the looser only. What say you INGO! (hear that last sentence in a mob riling voice):D:rockwoot:

Of course this post is for entertainment purposes only...I'm sure Fenways lawyers would not want him to be the one that brought two angry guys together for a shooting event. It is fun to dream though.:ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Do they make these for .22? And how much are they?

I searched their website but I cant find them on there.

He doesn't currently make one, but I've heard rumors of one in the works.

Pricing for the centerfire versions can be found in the link in the OP.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Just curious. Have you ever considered extending the arms going out to the targets so you could bolt the targets on? That way you could change the size of the targets if you wanted to smaller ones.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Just curious. Have you ever considered extending the arms going out to the targets so you could bolt the targets on? That way you could change the size of the targets if you wanted to smaller ones.

Each paddle can be changed out as a sub-assembly. Bolting them on would leave exposed bolt heads, which would have been a weak point.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    That's cool. I would think 4" or even 2" paddles would be better for rifle. I plan to get the standard tree first for handgun primarily. I like the idea of a tree vs a rack as there's no resetting involved. Plus the dueling aspect would be way too much fun.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    What ever became of making this work with 22 LR as well? Is it something that will be an add on at a later date or is it not going to happen on the standard tree?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    What ever became of making this work with 22 LR as well? Is it something that will be an add on at a later date or is it not going to happen on the standard tree?

Just hasn't happened yet. I haven't needed to cut 3/16" plate for a while and that is what it looks like will need to be used. It looks like I may need some 3/16" in the next week or two, so I'll toss some in there!

1/4" was just a bit too heavy still.

But to answer your question, yes, we will have a retrofit option.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    MO on it's way. I can't wait to get this set up. I've already started spreading the word amongst the group to set up dueling matches. Thank you!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Word of warning:

Owning or having access to a Bobcat Steel Dueling Tree will increase your ammunition costs and reloading time by a factor of at least 5. It also increases the fun factor by at least an order of magnitude.

:D :D :D :D

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I would love one of these, but the unloading and reloading to take it to Martinsville would not work. Buying property that allows you to shoot on your own place is a bunch more money.

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Word of warning:

Owning or having access to a Bobcat Steel Dueling Tree will increase your ammunition costs and reloading time by a factor of at least 5. It also increases the fun factor by at least an order of magnitude.

:D :D :D :D

Esrice calls the tree an ammo sponge!

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I would love one of these, but the unloading and reloading to take it to Martinsville would not work. Buying property that allows you to shoot on your own place is a bunch more money.

You can buy it, I will put it out at my range and shoot it for you. Of course you can come shoot it too:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom