• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Tree arrived today. Now as soon as the temps outside won't make me burst into flames I'll get it together. Damn it's hot out there!!! Thanks again. We can't wait to get started dueling.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Went out early this morning and put it together. Took maybe 30 minutes to put together. I was just waking up and there was coffee that needed drinking. By then it was already getting hot so I'll move it out to the range tomorrow with the loader and set it in place. I'm planning on setting it on a wood base just to keep it out of the dirt.
    Two paddles were off just maybe 1/16" causing them to not rotate smoothly. If they weren't painted I would have flipped them over. Less than 30 seconds on the grinding wheel touched them up and they were smooth as butter. I could have also flipped all of the paddles and not needed to grind anything. They were the last two paddles (go figure) so it was just easier to touch them up on the grinder. Not complaining. They would have broken in over time. I'm just annal about things like that. Also used never seize on the paddle bolts for future bolt removal.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    This thing sucks..........ammo right out of the can. :D It's not as bad as the SMG but close. I thought I would run a couple of mags through my M&P 9mm barrel as it needs broken in yet. Next thing I know I'm back in the house for more ammo. After the third trip back in the house, decided to call it a day as I was cooking in the mid day sun. Next time I'm just taking the ammo can out with me. Maybe it's just time to sit under the shade tree at the 100 yard line and shoot some .223 at it.
    Thanks for a great product! :rockwoot:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Word of warning:

Owning or having access to a Bobcat Steel Dueling Tree will increase your ammunition costs and reloading time by a factor of at least 5. It also increases the fun factor by at least an order of magnitude.

:D :D :D :D

Esrice calls the tree an ammo sponge!

This thing sucks..........ammo right out of the can. :D It's not as bad as the SMG but close. I thought I would run a couple of mags through my M&P 9mm barrel as it needs broken in yet. Next thing I know I'm back in the house for more ammo. After the third trip back in the house, decided to call it a day as I was cooking in the mid day sun. Next time I'm just taking the ammo can out with me. Maybe it's just time to sit under the shade tree at the 100 yard line and shoot some .223 at it.
    Thanks for a great product! :rockwoot:

Did you not read page 1? :):

Hate to say we told ya so, but WE TOLD YA SO!!! :lmfao:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    the man does have a point, lol.

Glad to hear you are getting to put it to use! Let me know when you are ready to put a plate rack next to it.:yesway:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I just learned that this weekend's Appleseed will include a Bobcat Steel dueling tree at 200 yards for the Known Distance portion of the training! :yesway:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I just learned that this weekend's Appleseed will include a Bobcat Steel dueling tree at 200 yards for the Known Distance portion of the training! :yesway:

You are such a Tease, Dave!!!!!

I am hoping against hope that my schedule may allow me a little time to swing by sometime this weekend, Even if it's just to say HI.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    I don't suppose you have more than one location do you? Or any place in Northwest Indiana I could grab your products.

Top Bottom