• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can remember when they were first introduced here in the states. The screaming from dc about defeating metal detectors, the bloodbaths that would follow as they were all loaded with cop killer bullets. Times change.
    I remember all the hype.
    I was trying to wrap my head around how a plastic slide, a plastic barrel, and a plastic frame could withstand the pressure from a 9mm. :lmfao:

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have creedmore on my ignore list. Maybe a few more ought to.
    If the trigger safety was removed from a Glock, that pistol will still fire. No need to argue with someone that can’t figure that out.
    I deal with that subject in my signature…..
    Good idea. Funny, I just watched Military Arms Channel's review of the Springfield Echelon. Guess what he said about the pistol, which has the exact same safety features the Glock has? That's right. He just said "It has no manual safety". I'm good with debating people on things, but that was getting irritating.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I also don’t care if I beat the crap out of a Glock when carrying. Can’t say the same If I walk into a table and bang a 1911, makes me wince.
    Yeah, because I know I damaged the table. My EDC 1911 is very worn. I do not care if it is scratched more, or dinged. It goes boom every time, I can hit what I'm aiming at and am comfortable with it. I'm sure a g***k would be the same, but why change everything?

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    When I said Glock proved there was no need for a safety, I meant thumb safety.
    Completely understood what you meant. The trigger safety on a Glock style trigger can be there or not and the gun will still function fine. I’d not disable one because now, all my Glock clone pistols have aftermarket flat faced triggers. Don’t need them to shoot accurately with a Glock but we didn’t need to have headers on our Chevy 283’s back in the day either, but, we did! Lol

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If the trigger safety was removed from a Glock, that pistol will still fire. No need to argue with someone that can’t figure that out.
    The discussion was. Glock and I say it's a safety. It's the #1 safety out of three in a glock. It's the first safety that your finger turns off. Why is that so hard for you glock boys to admit.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't consider that a safety. It's certainly not a safety lever. I could remove the dingus and have no fear of accidentally shooting my gun because I don't touch the trigger until ready to fire. I meant thumb safety, magazine safety, etc.
    It's an index finger safety. It gets pushed or pulled just like a thumb safety gets pushed or pulled.
    That dingal has to be pushed in order for that pistol to fire. If you remove it, you just removed that pistols most important safety.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It's an index finger safety. It gets pushed or pulled just like a thumb safety gets pushed or pulled.
    That dingal has to be pushed in order for that pistol to fire. If you remove it, you just removed that pistols most important safety.
    It is one motion to disengage the trigger safety and pull the trigger, with the same finger.

On a manual safety firearm, it's two separate motions with more than one finger.

Big difference...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I can remember when they were first introduced here in the states. The screaming from dc about defeating metal detectors, the bloodbaths that would follow as they were all loaded with cop killer bullets. Times change.
    Here's the "Glock 7' a porcelain gun that passes through metal detectors and costs more than you make in a month!"

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The discussion was. Glock and I say it's a safety. It's the #1 safety out of three in a glock. It's the first safety that your finger turns off. Why is that so hard for you glock boys to admit.
    Sure. Call it safety. It is marketing that works and, I suppose, it is a safety...of sorts.

...but if I am teaching a new shooter, I would sure early in the process explain to them what a dingus is and IS NOT.

Its kinda a safety and the semantics surrounding the word are just that.

If we define safety as "the condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury", it is difficult to call a dingus a true and complete safety. More like a preventative device. It offers protection from one very narrow misuse application.

I think we are (Oh how I hate to open this can of worms....) seeing, in small part, this narrow misuse application with the P320.

A mechanical safety which is a separate function from the normal pull of a trigger offers protection from a much wider window of misuse.

Which has a more probable chance of an unintended discharge?

Toddler finds a Glock with a loaded chamber.

Toddler finds a 1911 in Condition 1.

Toddler finds a Liberal Tears gun with an RFID electronic safety connect to a ring wearer not in close proximity.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Lol, it's humorous when having a conversation on a conversation forum and someone gets petulant and puts another member on ignore over a conversation.
    Semper Fi

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Lol, it's humorous when having a conversation on a conversation forum and someone gets petulant and puts another member on ignore over a conversation.
    Semper Fi
    Against my better judgement…..I’m going to reply:
    A discussion has input from both sides in a constructive manner. From day one of our interaction on this forum, you’ve done anything but that when I didn’t have you on ignore.
    In fact, you’ve tried to bully and be belligerent when someone doesn’t agree with you. Just like left wingers do when confronting folks. "Ferocity of attack doesn’t equate to truth."
    And, Semper Fi means a lot more from a Marine that acts like one. Do what you like, say what you like, I just don’t have to listen to someone that comes off as a know it all jerk.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Is a discussion a conversation? We should parse this out.... :cheers:

Sorry....that was a jerk-ish post but I am trying to entertain myself during a boring day in the office....
    Well, being retired I don’t have THAT problem! Life is a bundle of excitement!
    I hope I helped bring some semblance of levity to your day!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Against my better judgement…..I’m going to reply:
    A discussion has input from both sides in a constructive manner. From day one of our interaction on this forum, you’ve done anything but that when I didn’t have you on ignore.
    In fact, you’ve tried to bully and be belligerent when someone doesn’t agree with you. Just like left wingers do when confronting folks. "Ferocity of attack doesn’t equate to truth."
    And, Semper Fi means a lot more from a Marine that acts like one. Do what you like, say what you like, I just don’t have to listen to someone that comes off as a know it all jerk.
    Don't like the way I post, keep me on ignore please. How about when you wake up tomorrow please put on a fun shirt when you start the day.
    Semper Fi

Attachments

• 1704904395269.gif
      1704904395269.gif
      42 bytes · Views: 19
    • 1704904395219.gif
      1704904395219.gif
      42 bytes · Views: 8

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    For years, everyone knew that when you said “manual safety” on a pistol, you were referring to an active safety lever or switch that had to be purposefully deactivated, not a passive safety device that was a part of the normal operation of the pistol that works without a separate, dedicated deactivation.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that in today’s world that thinks a man can become pregnant, this kind of idiocy would show up on a gun forum.

IMG_9374.jpeg

:):

Last edited:

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Completely understood what you meant. The trigger safety on a Glock style trigger can be there or not and the gun will still function fine. I’d not disable one because now, all my Glock clone pistols have aftermarket flat faced triggers. Don’t need them to shoot accurately with a Glock but we didn’t need to have headers on our Chevy 283’s back in the day either, but, we did! Lol
    I think the Sig P365 can be bought either with or without a manual safety. All of which have drop safeties. I think creed understood this as well. For some reason he wanted to be as irritating as possible with the nuh uh, what about this, garbage. I don't know why people act like that. I'm here to talk about things I like. Not have ridiculous semantic arguments over what a manual safety is. Everyone knows what a manual safety is. Everyone knows what is meant when someone talks about a manual safety on a gun.

I would never remove a trigger safety from a gun that had one because it is a good drop safety. I think the whole reason safety levers were invented is because, and especially with new shooters, a natural grip on a gun has your fingers wrapping around the grip and your trigger finger resting on the trigger.

Top Bottom