• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Am I missing something? I don't see the awe and excitement about getting a gun that I can swap in a new grip module and/or a slide.

Why not just buy another gun? They aren't that much money, that'd I'd want to share one slide with two different grip modules...just buy two guns!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Am I missing something? I don't see the awe and excitement about getting a gun that I can swap in a new grip module and/or a slide.

Why not just buy another gun? They aren't that much money, that'd I'd want to share one slide with two different grip modules...just buy two guns!
    Sometimes it's about having options and being able to get it into a config you want or some folks just like to "get her a new pair of shoes" every once in a while.

Some folks buy an AR and never change a thing, others get it into a config they want and leave it alone and some are constantly playing Legos. Same thing here.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I friend has one and I can’t remember how it happened, but his takedown lever locked up and he couldn’t disassemble it, I think it had something to do with him shooting it soppressed

But I shot it and it was pretty cool!
    This is the newly released X version. Supposed to be improved over the MP17 model in several ways. Hopefully your buddy got his fixed.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    PD are trading these things in all over the place. They are going to mid-$300 range. It's hard to not buy one at that price and swap it into a new grip.

Stop me before I spend the $$ and buy my grip module from the classifieds please!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I guess when you can afford the second gun you'd just do that than have a grip module. Instead of spare parts, I just buy spare guns lol. The best kind of spare there is...
    I buy spares as well.. Still like being able to get a grip module I like and have it shipped directly to me, etc. Modularity does not preclude additional guns. Ive got a few 320's and a few 365's.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    How many is 4? 2.89 by my math.

All but one AXG frame, and the one is the heavy legion.

That’s my problem, I like the AXG frame, so there’s no swapping out for me. Unless someone wants to swap a Legion grip for an AXG grip.
    220 or 221 whatever it takes to get their, or from 2.89 just add two glocks and that would get you :dunno: to 2.99, well maybe.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I’ve got a Sig P320X Full.
    I bought a Sig P320X Compact caliber change kit.
    I bought a P80 P320 grip module
    I bought some MUP-1s.
    I bought a Wilson Combat “Carry” grip module.
    I bought a Wilson Combat “Compact” grip module.
    I’ve got several configurations and a few not offered by any manufacturer.
    I can make a “Longslide Compact”, which, is my favorite configuration for OWB carry. I can make an “X”, “Standard” or "WC Carry”….
    It’s just about finding that “niche” gun for you and not having to buy complete guns.
    It really is a lot of fun for us “engineering” types.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I get it, and it makes sense. Seems like Springfield is one of the few that don't offer "grip modules" or have much aftermarket support like Sig and Glock, which may explain why I didn't get it at first.

Which may be a good thing, seems like it'd add up quick!

@Creedmoor is that an M17? I've been tempted to get one, that is if I can get one without a manual safety!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I get it, and it makes sense. Seems like Springfield is one of the few that don't offer "grip modules" or have much aftermarket support like Sig and Glock, which may explain why I didn't get it at first.

@Creedmoor is that an M17? I've been tempted to get one, that is if I can get one without a manual safety!
    Springfield introduced the Echelon recently. Hopefully aftermarket and additional OEM grip modules will be coming soon.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Yes, those are M17's. I don't know if they sell them without a manual safety now or not.
    I bought them for two reasons, at that time both of my sons used them at work. And that they had a manual safety on them. I was looking at putting my old 226 into retirement and I was looking for a striker that had a thumb safety. I have no desire to have a holster "POP" with a striker fired pistol. With the thumb safety, before I re holster it, I like the though the I can drastically reduce a holster "POP" with just flipping a lever, with clicking into my holsters I know its home and I can flip the thumb safety off.

Can I ask why you wouldn't want a pistol that has the option to have/use or not use, a manual safety or not?

Top Bottom