Why isn't the price on ammo going through the roof?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But you've got to see that the writing's on the wall, right? Right-leaning president who took NRA money to get elected has done more damage in 4 years to our 2A than Obama did in 8. Within a week all major grocery stores and pharmacies have asked us not to open-carry in their stores. I went into Kroger this week and open-carried. Not usual for me, but I got into it with the manager. He told me that open-carry scares people. I told him that making your store political and dividing our nation by infringing on our rights scares people.

First, Not a Trump fan. But I think this latest damage is more shooter driven than POTUS hate/actions driven.

Chucklehead shoots up a walmart
    Walmart, which I recall actually referenced that incident in the press release, decided to ban OC in their stores.
    Other stores saw this as a signal and joined the bandwagon, finally feeling like they could safely do the same. (safe as in no/limited backlash)
    A couple stores went too far and just banned carry totally.

Not sure how at least this part of the situation is Trump's fault.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I went into Kroger this week and open-carried. Not usual for me, but I got into it with the manager. He told me that open-carry scares people. I told him that making your store political and dividing our nation by infringing on our rights scares people.

Please stop doing this; it's not helpful.

Kroger's property rights exceed your right to carry a firearm. If you don't like it, don't go there. Either way, don't be the guy who argues with the store manager.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    But you've got to see that the writing's on the wall, right? Right-leaning president who took NRA money to get elected has done more damage in 4 years to our 2A than Obama did in 8. Within a week all major grocery stores and pharmacies have asked us not to open-carry in their stores. I went into Kroger this week and open-carried. Not usual for me, but I got into it with the manager. He told me that open-carry scares people. I told him that making your store political and dividing our nation by infringing on our rights scares people.

That kind of interaction is inappropriate, IMHO. Looking for confrontation adds to our problems, never solves them. Actions like that do harm to our efforts.....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I went into Kroger this week and open-carried. Not usual for me, but I got into it with the manager. He told me that open-carry scares people. I told him that making your store political and dividing our nation by infringing on our rights scares people.

Are you the straw that broke the camel's back with your AR at Walmart too?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Let's not pile on. Be the responsible gun owner, not the guy sitting in the lawn chair at Walmart. There are non destructive ways to support 2A and not support Walmart. And yes, I singled out Walmart.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Folks the panic is back my local gun shop can't keep any 5.56mm in stock. She said everytime a case or two comes in people are buying them by the case. She is able to reorder so no ammo shortage but many in this area must be preparing for a Democrat take over come January 2021.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Folks the panic is back my local gun shop can't keep any 5.56mm in stock. She said everytime a case or two comes in people are buying them by the case. She is able to reorder so no ammo shortage but many in this area must be preparing for a Democrat take over come January 2021.

If you don't reload/cast your own you should start now. If you plan on stocking up you should of started Nov 6th 2016. When the next black friday 22lr, reloading component sale hits I'll be scooping up more. I have enough reloading supplies and ammo to last 4 to 5 yrs. Got into the casting game recently so trying to catch up on getting lead and pewter.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    First off, if you don’t already have several CASES stocked, you are wrong. I’ve got 6000 rounds on the way next week split between 9MM and 5.56. Next week I’ll order another 200 5.56 Social Purpose ammo, and if I can swing it, another 1000 gold dots. As it is, I’ll never shoot through all the 124 Gold Dot I have, but I don’t wanna chance it. After the last nut job shot up a place, a case of Pmags landed at my door. I reorder what I shoot every month, and if I can afford it, I toss on extra. Panic buying won’t affect me for some time, and I have enough pre-po’d ammo and gear to not really worry what .gov has in store.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

Not sure how at least this part of the situation is Trump's fault.

The idea that the POTUS is directly responsible for any changes in the law always makes me scratch my head. He can support or request certain things but he can't do jack-feces about laws without Congress. He's an easy target so that's the one we choose. I'm not a big Trump fan but I'm sure as hell a big fan of the fact that he's in the White House instead of Hillary or Bernie. Some folks just need something to ***** about.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Given current events, I'm expecting prices to soar just as I approach the dregs of my savings and former investments. If I'm not employed by then, I'll be applying current market prices to ammunition that I have left.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    First off, if you don’t already have several CASES stocked, you are wrong. I’ve got 6000 rounds on the way next week split between 9MM and 5.56. Next week I’ll order another 200 5.56 Social Purpose ammo, and if I can swing it, another 1000 gold dots. As it is, I’ll never shoot through all the 124 Gold Dot I have, but I don’t wanna chance it. After the last nut job shot up a place, a case of Pmags landed at my door. I reorder what I shoot every month, and if I can afford it, I toss on extra. Panic buying won’t affect me for some time, and I have enough pre-po’d ammo and gear to not really worry what .gov has in store.

You're buying small time...
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020784829?pid=167087

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I read this thread and realized i needed to order more 5.56

I remember back when 22lr was impossible to find, I lucked out with a co worker selling his stash at close to free.

Not gonna let something like that happen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I read this thread and realized i needed to order more 5.56

I remember back when 22lr was impossible to find, I lucked out with a co worker selling his stash at close to free.

Not gonna let something like that happen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learn to load your own...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sure. And stock up on supplies.

But with bulk ammo prices being what they are, I haven't loaded anything for nearly three years now.

Valpo Gun show this weekend. In the past was able to get cci primers for 27 out the door per 1k and titegroup, bullseye, and blc2 for roughly 18 to 20 per lbs out the door.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Valpo Gun show this weekend. In the past was able to get cci primers for 27 out the door per 1k and titegroup, bullseye, and blc2 for roughly 18 to 20 per lbs out the door.

One of my local shops has lots of powders for $18 - $20 per pound all the time. Because of them, I only buy my powder locally.

That's a good price on primers, but for me (SE of Indy), it's not worth the trip. And I have a decent supply of primers.

Top Bottom