• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a quote from Wikipedia. I am not going to do any more research on this. - "In 2008, state and local law enforcement agencies employed more than 1.1 million persons on a full-time basis"

I missed it too - how did we come up with a consensus of 5 million LEO's to police the adult population of the US?

Just a few years ago we had 850,000 sworn officers in the US. That includes 65,000 federal officers (all agencies).

Just think of the manpower it would take to put a cop on every street corner just in Chicago. or do house to house sweeps. Anything we have today would have to be at least five times bigger. Otherwise it is just a joke as people would just get around the laws as they are now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can buy in to some of the math that says it's no big deal. My question is, if it isn't any big deal then why is DHS and Big Sis refusing to answer Congressional inquiries about it. If the answer is that simple it would seem easy for them to answer as opposed to being secretive and stonewalling.

Department of Homeland Security Refuses to Answer Congress Questions Regarding Ammunition Purchases | What Did You Say?

» 15 Members of Congress Demand Investigation of Obama’s Ammo Horde Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    So if the ammo buy isnt a big deal, what do you have to say about the 2700 TANKS that DHS bought, not the military, DHS bought them for us, oh and the FEMA camps all over the country? Those are prolly no big deal either right? And obama taking our missile defense away? WHEN WILL IT BECOME A BIG DEAL? When they actually imprison you? or would you have given up your gun long before that? i'm not specifically talking to you on those last questions, but when is the alarm gonna be raised for people? prolly when its too late

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So if the ammo buy isnt a big deal, what do you have to say about the 2700 TANKS that DHS bought, not the military, DHS bought them for us, oh and the FEMA camps all over the country? Those are prolly no big deal either right? And obama taking our missile defense away? WHEN WILL IT BECOME A BIG DEAL? When they actually imprison you? or would you have given up your gun long before that? i'm not specifically talking to you on those last questions, but when is the alarm gonna be raised for people? prolly when its too late

Where is the manpower? How are they going to imprison 40 to 100 million people? Who would be left to be the guards? And 2700 MRAPs (not even close to being a tank) against 40 million gun owners?

Do you realize that Islamic insurgents have been successful in disabling our armor? And they use only AK-47s, RPG-7, explosives (IEDs) against a much superior force. The big weakness is that our military does not fight well in urban areas. We are forced to dismount and our technology is limited. So if you want to protect yourself, move to a big city. Hide in and among the population.

And form gangs. Gangs are just another form of militia but have money.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Help me understand, as we are talking about all these, local, state, and Federal police, why do we believe they all get ammo through the Federal Government?

I was never in the ammo business, but I did spend a some time bidding to supply various Government contracts for one of my employers. I bid to supply items for local police, state Police, Department of Natural resources, state parks departments, Department of Defense, etc. Some of them were really small, like 5 items for a county animal control, others were in the hundreds and thousands. Even the DOD stuff may have been 10 pieces for a specific department that had no other use to anyone else. These were all seperate bids, and seperate places that paid.

Just because there are lots of kinds of Police, does not automatically mean they are all getting ammo through the same 1.6 billion round contract that made the news. I do not think we can assume who is slated to be issued the ammo.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Help me understand, as we are talking about all these, local, state, and Federal police, why do we believe they all get ammo through the Federal Government?

I was never in the ammo business, but I did spend a some time bidding to supply various Government contracts for one of my employers. I bid to supply items for local police, state Police, Department of Natural resources, state parks departments, Department of Defense, etc. Some of them were really small, like 5 items for a county animal control, others were in the hundreds and thousands. Even the DOD stuff may have been 10 pieces for a specific department that had no other use to anyone else. These were all seperate bids, and seperate places that paid.

Just because there are lots of kinds of Police, does not automatically mean they are all getting ammo through the same 1.6 billion round contract that made the news. I do not think we can assume who is slated to be issued the ammo.

Article on the Blaze on how local police are not able to find ammo either. The feds are not sharing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where is the manpower? How are they going to imprison 40 to 100 million people? Who would be left to be the guards? And 2700 MRAPs (not even close to being a tank) against 40 million gun owners?
    Didn't you read the post about FEMA embalming gear? They'll just kill us all. They'll own have to take out 20 mil.; the rest will surrender because they're "sportsmen" who think two shots is enough.

Be careful - logical thought might burst the bubble of black helicopter crowd around here.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't you read the post about FEMA embalming gear? They'll just kill us all. They'll own have to take out 20 mil.; the rest will surrender because they're "sportsmen" who think two shots is enough.

Be careful - logical thought might burst the bubble of black helicopter crowd around here.

Why need embalming gear? Just dig big pits, dump the bodies in and then put lime in between layers to make the bodies break down fast. Nothing left in a few weeks.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    ZT7jF.gif

My God, that is hilarious!! I hope that's real!

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson

I don't know about the embalming gear. Haven't heard about it. But I will take exception to the Black Heli remark.
    I have a friend who was a USAF mechanic and he was stationed at Edwards for awhile. He worked on helicopters. I asked him about the black helis and if they existed. He said he was working one day when his CO approached. My friend asked about the black helicopters he saw parked in the distance and if they would be working on those. He was told, Son you can't work on what doesn't exist..meaning that was the end of the conversation and the black helicopters were not to be mentioned again. Just for your info.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    An MRAP is not a tank, but it is something that DHS has no need for.

Exactly. As I see it, the critical element is that it is far superior to anything that any of us have. As it has been said, in the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Some facts:

--The feds have an ammo ordering backlog like everyone else. They are waiting up to a year to get their ammo from the manufacturers. Why is there a shortage? Think about how much ammo people bought 15 years ago. Then go look at the CASES people are carrying out of the 1500 these days. Ammo price increases are not the result of the feds buying more--their prices are set in established contracts.

--The FBI is the largest agency with over 10,000 sworn agents. The other larger ones (USMS, SS, DEA, ATF, etc) are in the 2,000 to 5,000 range. But you've got all the little OIG's as well--HUD, HSS, SSA, etc. And NASA and every other agency you can imagine and a bunch you can't. Is that a lot? I don't know. NYPD has over 34,000 uniformed officers, which is more than the largest fed agencies put together.

--Most fed agencies only purchase 1 type of ammo--duty ammo. They don't purchase carry ammo and practice ammo, it's all duty ammo, i.e. hollow points. Waste of money? Absolutely. To us. But the ammo prices under the contract are as cheap for them as the Winchester White Box is for us (or even cheaper these days) so it's all the same for them.

--Most fed agencies have mandatory qualifications and training each year. On top of that, they are often allotted an amount to use for practice when they want, whether at the local range or to use if they pay to attend a class at Gunsite, Tactical Response, Blackwater or wherever. It's not like there is some cave where billions of rounds are going and no one is ever using any of them. In a couple of years, all of the ammo purchased under this contract will have gone down range and they'll be ordering more.

Yes, the federal government is power hungry. That's a definitive characteristic of all governments since the beginning of time. From their very inception, they begin growing and don't stop until they implode or taken over by another one. Yes, they spend our money without regard for accountability, logic or a general idea of economics. But, the conspiracy stuff does tend to get a little tiring. To think that the USMS, DEA or FBI would work under DHS is so ludicrous as to be laughable. As bad as we looked down on DHS, the federal agents look down on them even more.

Top Bottom