• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    So, it looks like most officers get about 1,000 rounds a year for practice/qualifications?

Ha, I've used that in 2 days on the range. Sounds like DHS needs to double or triple that order if they expect their officers to be even adequately equipped.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So, it looks like most officers get about 1,000 rounds a year for practice/qualifications?

Ha, I've used that in 2 days on the range. Sounds like DHS needs to double or triple that order if they expect their officers to be even adequately equipped.
    Hopefully you paid for your own ammo. They can do the same.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Hopefully you paid for your own ammo. They can do the same.

Agreed, they should already be "trained" so if they want to shoot above and beyond that which is required in annual or semi-annual (or more) qualifications which i'm sure is much much less than 1000rds they can pay for it themselves. Who knows the way things are heading it's probably in all our best interests to keep them as ill-trained as possible.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Who knows the way things are heading it's probably in all our best interests to keep them as ill-trained as possible.

I think they're well on their way. :D

Most qualification courses are 50 rounds. I think it said they qualify quarterly so that's 200 rounds right there. If they shoot the course twice each time, that's 400 rounds.

Leaving about 600 rounds to stay trained--Ha! No one can stay trained at 600 rounds a year. Not at any decent level of proficiency. I can shoot that in one day of hard training.

600 rounds over a year for training? That's like saying I go to the gym on the 5th day of every month to stay physically fit. (Hey, that might be a plan I could get used to.)

So, it seems like in addition to costing a lot in tax dollars, we aren't getting any trained officers for all this money spent anyway :dunno: What's the point?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    There are 200K DHS with all the different departments.

Sometimes, the symptoms of a problem are what get attention when, in reality, there is a root problem that causes the symptoms.

200K in DHS? Why? For that matter, why does the DHS exist at all?

There's the root problem. No DHS, no justification for buying ammo.....

hoagyfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    anyone really know what homeland security agents do? ive not been impressed with anything marked by "homeland"... i could be wrong

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    anyone really know what homeland security agents do? ive not been impressed with anything marked by "homeland"... i could be wrong

There are no "Homeland Security Agents". DHS is the umbrella that covers a bunch of different agencies.

I guess you could call a Secret Service Agent a "Homeland Security Agent", but it would not be as accurate as possible. It would be like calling an ATF Agent, and FBI Agent, a Bureau of Prisons guard and a U.S. Marshal "DOJ Agents" since they are all under DOJ. Technically it's accurate, but it's not really specific. It's about as general as saying "Government Agents".

There are ICE Agents and Agents with Federal Protective Service and Coast Guard and Border Patrol Agents, etc, etc, etc, that are all Homeland Security Agents if you want to use that term but there is not an agency who are specific DHS Special Agents.

I think your average Secret Service agent would bristle if you called him a DHS agent :) Same with Coast Guard or whomever. You think Coast Guard, with their 200+ years tradition walk around saying, "I'm DHS"? haha!

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    picture.php

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Sometimes, the symptoms of a problem are what get attention when, in reality, there is a root problem that causes the symptoms.

200K in DHS? Why? For that matter, why does the DHS exist at all?

There's the root problem. No DHS, no justification for buying ammo.....

Who is the enemy that would require a force equal to our military to control? "Their" national security objectives will take a force equal to our military to control. Doesn't that seem a little extreme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B19PDXL2csw&feature=related

Last edited:

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Still concerned about growing government agencies no matter how well intentioned. Larger government is still bound to trample on your liberty. I wonder which citizens are expendable enough for these departments to be shooting at?

Top Bottom