• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If Obama starts talking about magazines that hold greater than 10 rounds the CEO from Ruger would love him for the sales it generates.

Yeah, I suspect the same back-scratching love fest that happened with Clinton and Ruger.

Ruger climbed so far up Clinton's arse that I suspect they still look at the world through brown colored glasses. It's one reason I haven't seriously considered owning a Ruger ever since.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Umm, do you mean Clinton and Smith and Wesson???

The late Bill Ruger's model magazine ban was issued in March of 1989 when he was attempting to save his Mini-14, 30 and 10/22. Bill's proposal banned magazines over 15 rounds so long as the guns themselves were not banned. Note this was a ban on possession, turn them in or go to prison.

SAAMI then joined in on Ruger's magazine ban proposal. Note this was 1989 during Bush I.

Ruger climbed so far up Clinton's arse that I suspect they still look at the world through brown colored glasses.

What actions are you referring to during the Clinton Administration?:dunno:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Umm, do you mean Clinton and Smith and Wesson???

The late Bill Ruger's model magazine ban was issued in March of 1989 when he was attempting to save his Mini-14, 30 and 10/22. Bill's proposal banned magazines over 15 rounds so long as the guns themselves were not banned. Note this was a ban on possession, turn them in or go to prison.

SAAMI then joined in on Ruger's magazine ban proposal. Note this was 1989 during Bush I.

What actions are you referring to during the Clinton Administration?:dunno:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger (1992). "An Open Letter". American Handgunner 12 (5): 18.

note: I stole this from wikipedia

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I agree with Kirk!! in 1982 I had a chance to buy a Mac-11 9mm full auto for $200, and the tax stamp of $200...and like a dumba$% I didn't buy it.....what would it be worth today??? $$$$$$$$$$$!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Honestly, with the amount of money i spend on semi autos .... i can only imagine how much more i would spend on full autos. Unless bullets became cheaper i would be screwed

Top Bottom