• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Watching network news this morning and they were reporting on the crime rate in America today, specifically the shoplifting rates.
    One high end fashion shop in San Francisco has had more than $10k worth of handbags stolen in the past year so the proprietor now locks the door DURING business hours, only allowing 2-3 customers at a time inside.
    At a box store somewhere they showed a cordless DeWalt battery drill/driver and explained that this tool is dead. It will not function until an embedded microchip is activated at the time of purchase.
    How long before the thieves figure out how to override the microchip, or activate it themselves?
    I simply can't believe the state of decline in our society today.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Watching network news this morning and they were reporting on the crime rate in America today, specifically the shoplifting rates.
    One high end fashion shop in San Francisco has had more than $10k worth of handbags stolen in the past year so the proprietor now locks the door DURING business hours, only allowing 2-3 customers at a time inside.
    At a box store somewhere they showed a cordless DeWalt battery drill/driver and explained that this tool is dead. It will not function until an embedded microchip is activated at the time of purchase.
    How long before the thieves figure out how to override the microchip, or activate it themselves?
    In some places that might be one or two handbags.

The immobilizer for the power tools sounds like a pain in the butt and potential for breakage. That said, those things have to fall off the back of trucks like crazy for the amount of them for sale on Facebook, etc, so I can understand trying to take some action.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I can't say I blame the manufacturer or retailers.
    This is 200% on the liberal left soft on crime policies.
    No bail + no repercussions = zero deterrent

I don't recall where I heard it, but BECAUSE it sounds so inane it must be true.
    I heard recently that the I.R.S. considered a statute that would require people to pay taxes on proceeds realized from the sale of stolen goods.
    Trafficking in stolen merchandise used to be a crime in and of itself.
    I don't know when that changed.

JonN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    IN
    I believe people's eyes are opening. Will it be too little too late? Not sure.

One thing I believe, much of this destruction and violence was intentional. It started with O'bummer and Ferguson, MO. His (and the global elitist's) plan is to bring this country to its knees. They started by reigniting the race wars. Then they encourage this ludicrous behavior. Once that became the norm (summer of love, remember?) they decided to go all in and open our borders while locking down its citizens. Creating a cultural and economical shift all in a couple years to completely reconstruct (or attempt to) the very fabric of our nation. The sad thing is DJT let Fauci and others get away with way too much for way too long.

It has to change. The "flyover" states have to wake up. I don't give two farts who the Republican Party puts on the ticket, if good hard-working honest citizens don't take Control of this nightmare and push back, then Klaus Schwab, Gates, Zuckerberg, Rothschilds, and the rest of those power hungry degenerate thugs will continue their new world order plan and the great reset will continue. Americans freedom is the only thing that's stopped them thus far, IN MY OPINION.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I don't recall where I heard it, but BECAUSE it sounds so inane it must be true.
    I heard recently that the I.R.S. considered a statute that would require people to pay taxes on proceeds realized from the sale of stolen goods.
    I believe that is true. And yes it is inane. And of course I'm sure all the thugs line up at their tax preparers' offices every April with an itemized list of what they stole and what they sold it for. :nuts:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

It is a crime, but not reporting the income from it is federal tax evasion as well. Was used quite a bit years ago for the gangsters I believe. I'm all for criminals getting tagged and actually prosecuted for as much as can be thrown at them. Layer on the federal charges when a local prosecutor won't do his job.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It is a crime, but not reporting the income from it is federal tax evasion as well. Was used quite a bit years ago for the gangsters I believe. I'm all for criminals getting tagged and actually prosecuted for as much as can be thrown at them. Layer on the federal charges when a local prosecutor won't do his job.
    Talk about a catch 22

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Thank progressives for the progress......down the road to Perdition.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I believe people's eyes are opening. Will it be too little too late? Not sure.

One thing I believe, much of this destruction and violence was intentional. It started with O'bummer and Ferguson, MO. His (and the global elitist's) plan is to bring this country to its knees. They started by reigniting the race wars. Then they encourage this ludicrous behavior. Once that became the norm (summer of love, remember?) they decided to go all in and open our borders while locking down its citizens. Creating a cultural and economical shift all in a couple years to completely reconstruct (or attempt to) the very fabric of our nation. The sad thing is DJT let Fauci and others get away with way too much for way too long.

It has to change. The "flyover" states have to wake up. I don't give two farts who the Republican Party puts on the ticket, if good hard-working honest citizens don't take Control of this nightmare and push back, then Klaus Schwab, Gates, Zuckerberg, Rothschilds, and the rest of those power hungry degenerate thugs will continue their new world order plan and the great reset will continue. Americans freedom is the only thing that's stopped them thus far, IN MY OPINION.

Centralizers need to go.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We need a little Seth Bullock justice. Hanging right there on a front porch for stealing might be a good deterrent.

No boobs, but language warning.

Hadn't heard of that.
    Ironically, one one the liberal left wing nut Hollywood headliners, Michael Douglas, did a movie called "Falling Down".
    It was the story of a (conservative) man working a 9-5 job who gets fired, and his day goes downhill from there.
    It is a fantastic movie portraying a man pushed to his limits.
    I truly believe this is exactly what the left is pushing towards.
    They actually want civil unrest so they can use the military (that they despise) to bring the "insurrectionist mobs" back "under control".

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    ... I.R.S. considered a statute that would require people to pay taxes on proceeds realized from the sale of stolen goods.
    Isn't that what Al Capone went to Prison for - Taxes on Unreported Income

The gangster who had reportedly boasted, “They can't collect legal taxes from illegal money” was sentenced to 11 years in prison for failing to file tax returns

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

There is a tax law for illegal activity. I just don't remember what.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hadn't heard of that.
    Ironically, one one the liberal left wing nut Hollywood headliners, Michael Douglas, did a movie called "Falling Down".
    It was the story of a (conservative) man working a 9-5 job who gets fired, and his day goes downhill from there.
    It is a fantastic movie portraying a man pushed to his limits.
    I truly believe this is exactly what the left is pushing towards.
    They actually want civil unrest so they can use the military (that they despise) to bring the "insurrectionist mobs" back "under control".

Cloward Piven

Folks, there is no mystery here. The plans have been announced, published, and exercised for decades.

Some seem incredibly fixated on a never ending war for control.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There is a tax law for illegal activity. I just don't remember what.
    Correction
    Doing my taxes, the irs instruction form reminded me to report any income from illegal activity, such as selling drugs.:mullet:
    The law that addresses that is actually title 26, concealing income.

If they couldn't prove Capone was doing illegal activity, how can they say he was concealing income?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom