• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    In some places that might be one or two handbags.

The immobilizer for the power tools sounds like a pain in the butt and potential for breakage. That said, those things have to fall off the back of trucks like crazy for the amount of them for sale on Facebook, etc, so I can understand trying to take some action.
    Thats what I was thinking. In the world of high end Handbags that could be 2 bags. Thank God my wife is just as happy at the $50 price point.

Danger Close

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2023
    South of Indianapolis
    I believe people's eyes are opening. Will it be too little too late? Not sure.

One thing I believe, much of this destruction and violence was intentional. It started with O'bummer and Ferguson, MO. His (and the global elitist's) plan is to bring this country to its knees. They started by reigniting the race wars. Then they encourage this ludicrous behavior. Once that became the norm (summer of love, remember?) they decided to go all in and open our borders while locking down its citizens. Creating a cultural and economical shift all in a couple years to completely reconstruct (or attempt to) the very fabric of our nation. The sad thing is DJT let Fauci and others get away with way too much for way too long.

It has to change. The "flyover" states have to wake up. I don't give two farts who the Republican Party puts on the ticket, if good hard-working honest citizens don't take Control of this nightmare and push back, then Klaus Schwab, Gates, Zuckerberg, Rothschilds, and the rest of those power hungry degenerate thugs will continue their new world order plan and the great reset will continue. Americans freedom is the only thing that's stopped them thus far, IN MY OPINION.
    I believe people's eyes are opening. Will it be too little too late? Not sure.

One thing I believe, much of this destruction and violence was intentional. It started with O'bummer and Ferguson, MO. His (and the global elitist's) plan is to bring this country to its knees. They started by reigniting the race wars. Then they encourage this ludicrous behavior. Once that became the norm (summer of love, remember?) they decided to go all in and open our borders while locking down its citizens. Creating a cultural and economical shift all in a couple years to completely reconstruct (or attempt to) the very fabric of our nation. The sad thing is DJT let Fauci and others get away with way too much for way too long.

It has to change. The "flyover" states have to wake up. I don't give two farts who the Republican Party puts on the ticket, if good hard-working honest citizens don't take Control of this nightmare and push back, then Klaus Schwab, Gates, Zuckerberg, Rothschilds, and the rest of those power hungry degenerate thugs will continue their new world order plan and the great reset will continue. Americans freedom is the only thing that's stopped them thus far, IN MY OPINION.
    Time to get a few TP on some HVT’s

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Time to get a few TP on some HVT’s
    iu

I mean, I have plenty of TP left over from my Covid stash, but why would I want an STD? Oh wait, you said HVT, not HPV. My bad.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Shoplifting cures, 2 min video. Looked like he was pulling a knife from the back pocket. Was looking for the FAFO thread as I thought there was one, but it fits here. Still laughing at this one.

No sign of the strap, huh? :laugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can't say I blame the manufacturer or retailers.
    This is 200% on the liberal left soft on crime policies.
    No bail + no repercussions = zero deterrent

Disagree. Businesses lead this charge by tolerating shoplifting, largely on the advise of corporate lawyers, because it was cheaper than just replacing the merchandise. Home Depot and Lowes would not call in shoplifters, and if you happened to catch one while off duty, they would not assist in prosecution. My partner caught a guy running out with power tools under each arm and the store would not cooperate in the slightest, so the charges were dropped. Menard's used to let loss prevention carry handcuffs and use force to detain, but that's done with.

In short, retailers made an environment that encouraged theft because it was cheaper. They didn't see down the line to the damage they were doing to society at large or to themselves later. Then when it became more of a problem to the bottom line, they expect us to step in and save them from themselves. Now there's not enough criminal justice resources to really deal with the magnitude of the problem.

It's a multi-faceted problem, but if you want the prime mover, look no further than laywers and the reduce liability above all culture they created because we allowed them to make money doing so.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Shoplifting cures, 2 min video. Looked like he was pulling a knife from the back pocket. Was looking for the FAFO thread as I thought there was one, but it fits here. Still laughing at this one.

That's not shoplifting, that's robbery. Threat of force was used to take the items. Well, attempt robbery, he didn't complete the crime.

Fear of liability is the only thing that keeps this from happening more, and it's the only thing that's going to put a dent in it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Disagree. Businesses lead this charge by tolerating shoplifting, largely on the advise of corporate lawyers, because it was cheaper than just replacing the merchandise. Home Depot and Lowes would not call in shoplifters, and if you happened to catch one while off duty, they would not assist in prosecution. My partner caught a guy running out with power tools under each arm and the store would not cooperate in the slightest, so the charges were dropped. Menard's used to let loss prevention carry handcuffs and use force to detain, but that's done with.

In short, retailers made an environment that encouraged theft because it was cheaper. They didn't see down the line to the damage they were doing to society at large or to themselves later. Then when it became more of a problem to the bottom line, they expect us to step in and save them from themselves. Now there's not enough criminal justice resources to really deal with the magnitude of the problem.

It's a multi-faceted problem, but if you want the prime mover, look no further than laywers and the reduce liability above all culture they created because we allowed them to make money doing so.
    Great explanation…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Yeah, there is some on both ends. I remember back in my less responsible days, Walmart in particular had a reputation for going hard on shoplifters. They would jack you the heck up over anything. Those LP guys supposedly took their jobs incredibly seriously.

Now? I don't know if they even have loss prevention on their skeleton crew. Certainly they're not allowed to chase you down, tackle you, cuff you, or hold you in custody. That kind of treatment used to be very common. Then, I guess the lawyers got involved and told everyone to stop taking action, and then the state stopped taking action, and now it's a free for all.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

I was at one time a manager at Best Buy. I got the job because the former manager flat out tackled a shoplifter who was trying to run out the door with some expensive merchandise. He was immediately terminated and walked out the door. I can completely validate your theory. Retailers would rather lose $5k in merchandise than have to pay $50k+ in court because some asshat shoplifter and a shady lawyer decided to sue them hoping for a settlement. "Shrink" is budgeted into the P&L statement.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

It's like when they say it's too expensive to prosecute credit card theft (or identity theft).

And then later they're complaining because credit card theft (or identity theft) has SKYROCKETED.

They never calculate the cost of NOT prosecuting.

Look up 'survivorship bias'

Top Bottom