Why won't the Range let me shoot Watermelon's ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Growing up we would go to the Local Dump for Target Practice
    Lots of fun things to shoot already there with some things providing a bonus of Blowing Up - Bottles mostly but occasionally Fruits & Vegetables

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Lots of fun things to shoot already there with some things providing a bonus of Blowing Up - Bottles mostly but occasionally Fruits & Vegetables
    How’d you get over the 8’ tall razor wire fencing??

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    You do not describe the range or its operation. Perhaps they do not want it to start looking like the local dump.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I would guess to say, because of the people that shoot, bottles, cans, golf balls, full cans and bottles of soda, veggies and juice and leave the mess for others to clean up.
    Same members that leave shot up targets and are to lazy to take those down.
    Same members that shoot shotguns on the rifle/handgun range and leave the wadds for others to clean up.

Members like this one that we watched set up targets in front of ours on the target board thinking it was okey dokey.
    He expected us to shoot over his targets.
    :bash:
    20230411_161553.jpg

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I would guess to say, because of the people that shoot, bottles, cans, golf balls, full cans and bottles of soda, veggies and juice and leave the mess for others to clean up.
    Same members that shoot shotguns on the rifle/handgun range and leave the wadds for others to clean up.

Members like this one that we watched set up targets in front of ours on the target board thinking it was okey dokey.
    View attachment 275186
    Insensitive clods

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    You do not describe the range or its operation. Perhaps they do not want it to start looking like the local dump.
    All of the Ranges I have been to in the last 5 years have "Range Rules" posted and some have them on the Liability Waiver they make you sign ...

ONLY Paper Targets --- No targets on the Ground - No Steel (except Range Provided) - No Rapid Fire - No Drawing from Holster

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.
    First its just organics that end up rotting, smelling, and attracting animals and insects.

Then its idiots that shoot clays and dont go pick up the pieces.

Then it leads to others thinking its ok because they see the trash the first two left behind.

Next thing you know, the nice range ends up looking like the dump you grew up frequenting.

And dont get me started on the idiots that dont understand that when you are shooting at a target on the ground, those bullets are ricocheting off the ground and OVER the berm, sending lead beyond the range to land only God knows where.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Feom

View attachment 275186
    From the look of the tactitards gear belt and his tactical t-shirt I'm sure it was a training session with rubber shoe wearing guy. His day therfore superceded your day.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Feom

From the look of the tactitards gear belt and his tactical t-shirt I'm sure it was a training session with rubber shoe wearing guy. His day therfore superceded your day.
    The best part was, he got really poopy with me when I mentioned his kid rapid firing, bouncing bullets off the ground while his kid ran his little course of fire. Looked like a chisel plow went through the pistol range.
    He told me very sternly that the clubs president and vice president had given him and his son permission to shoot like they were because his son was a up and comming two? Gun shooter.
    I laughed at him and said ive never seen you at any meeting???? And I dont believe you!!!!
    And if you want to shoot like this you really need to join Atlanta CC. Because you aint doing that here.
    I waited and he really got pissed off that I was taking video and pictures.
    My target was fresh when they arrived, his kid pumped a few holes in it while he was shooting.

I met with the board the next tues morning while they were shooting trap, none of them knew him or his son. We only have about 200 members, I gave the board his truck and tag picture.
    Hes been tresspassed.
    OH, HE WASNT EVEN A MEMBER.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    @tbhausen and I (along with some fraternity brothers) were shooting up a dump near Terre Haute when we were students at Indiana State. We probably had a dozen weapons there, from handguns to rifles. Next thing we know half of the law enforcement agencies in Vigo County are hauling ass our way. We heard the sirens long before we saw them so we were ready when they got there. All of the guns were cleared and lying in a truck bed, and we were standing some distance away from them when the po-po arrived. We stood there for about 15-20 minutes while they ran the serial numbers on all the guns and checked us for permits. They were really ****** with us but in the end told us pack up and get the hell out of there and don’t ever come back without any citations.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I agree with what others said here. Stick to paper targets and steel. Oftentimes I spend my first 15 minutes or so cleaning up crap that other members left behind. It makes a nice range messy and as a member we are part owners; that is "our" range. People should want to keep it looking nice and functional.

I even have a pet peeve about people painting the steel whatever color paint they have laying around. Paint it white or leave it for when I get there. I carry white paint and usually paint the steel every time I come.

We don't need our nice range looking like a carnival.

Feel free to leave your brass though. :)

Top Bottom