Why won't the Range let me shoot Watermelon's ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Shooting watermelons is only okay if they're not ripe.
    I hate it when the grocery stores sell them before they're ready.
    They deserve to be shot.

(The watermelons not the stores)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This was about 40 years ago, so I am a little fuzzy. I am pretty sure it was Willow slough park where they had redone the firing ranges. Just dirt backstops and a gravel lot, but it was a good place to shoot. They had maybe Five 55 gallon drums for trash.

People started bringing crap to shoot at. Old TV sets, kitchen skillets, folding chairs, and of course spoiled melons. They just left the junk there. I went one time and left because it was more crowded than I wanted to deal with. Included was four hood rats sitting in a sedan shooting out the window at the medium length pistol range. Also some guys with a washing machine on the 100 yard range. I came back another morning and the shot up washer was still there ( with many shot up TV's ) and some clown was sitting a few bowling balls on TOP of the backstop in the rifle range. I was able to talk him out of doing that.

There are some real dimwits that like firearms.

The only silly targets we ever shot was cookies from a groove in the top of a saw horse or flour out of pill bottles. We did pick the big pieces back up, and the birds ate the rest.

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Step 1- buy several watermelons.

Step 2- invite friends over for watermelon.

Step 3- put the rinds in your lawn, preferably near your house entrance. Mow across them, battle flies from them, listen to your wife complain about how stupid you are.

Step 4- Ummm, what was your question?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Ok the real reason you can’t shoot watermelons on ranges, because the seeds will fall to the ground, people walk on the seeds, pushing them into the ground, then it’ll rain, then the seeds will sprout, then watermelons will start growing on the range, then next thing you know, it’s not a gun range anymore it’s a watermelon patch, then the board of directors will realize that they’ll make more money selling watermelons than range memberships!

So go ahead a shoot your watermelons! And just see what happens to your gun range!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ok the real reason you can’t shoot watermelons on ranges, because the seeds will fall to the ground, people walk on the seeds, pushing them into the ground, then it’ll rain, then the seeds will sprout, then watermelons will start growing on the range, then next thing you know, it’s not a gun range anymore it’s a watermelon patch, then the board of directors will realize that they’ll make more money selling watermelons than range memberships!

So go ahead a shoot your watermelons! And just see what happens to your gun range!
    Look what happened to Mr. Majestic!

Top Bottom