Why you should listen to your parents... Language warning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I want to have sympathy for the kid, it's a passion for tinkering and "learning things" through experimentation that got me where I am today. It's a miracle I made it to adulthood with some of the stupid stuff I did. That being said, as an adult now I have to say, "Haha, dad was right, maybe next time you'll listen a little better huh?"

Granted, I had a very involved dad that often helped us with our more dangerous things. He was smart enough to realize we were going to do stupid stuff even if he told us not to. So it only made sense for him to do stupid stuff with us to ensure we weren't making mistakes that could put us at more risk... I have an AWESOME dad...:rockwoot:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, I'm all for a sense of adventure...but just a little sense on top of that is the difference between ER visits and great stories.

Then there's the part about posting things online that make you look like a whining toddler....don't get this obsession with broadcasting your fails at all. A properly embelished story is one thing, but this....geez. Maybe the lesson to be learned has more to do with positive PR for yourself rather than microwaves and glowsticks.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yeah, I'm all for a sense of adventure...but just a little sense on top of that is the difference between ER visits and great stories.

Then there's the part about posting things online that make you look like a whining toddler....don't get this obsession with broadcasting your fails at all. A properly embelished story is one thing, but this....geez. Maybe the lesson to be learned has more to do with positive PR for yourself rather than microwaves and glowsticks.
    I didn't read the description so I may be wrong, but maybe his dad posted it to shame him or to show other children that they should listen to their fathers?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's a kid thing to push things to the limit. On just about everything. Sometimes it takes a wake up call like this to learn some common sense. I remember my boy grabbed one of my safety razors in the bathroom. I told him not to touch them. Told him he could cut him self. I put them up high in the cabinet. My wife had later shaved her legs and forgot and left one on the edge of the tub. My boy spotted it. We heard a big scream!! He was shaving "Just like dad" The world was coming to an end for him. He nicked his chin. And it bled really well. He wasn't going to died (he didn't know that though). My wife looked at the nick. She was a nurse and was about to tell him it was going to be ok. I said I got this. Go in the other room.

I let him have his panic moment. Let him think the worse for about 5 minutes. I had all I could do to keep from laughing. After it stopped bleeding I got a rag and cleaned him up. And then we had the "I told you so" talk. Man it was a life changing moment for him. He still remembers and once in a while when talking to other kids I hear him say "you need to listen to your parents". he needed a ahhh haa moment to bring him around. I am glad his was small. He learn a valuable lesson.

Needless to say, I don't think he will ever shave again!! :laugh:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    From the Youtube description:
    Jack (my little brother) heard that microwaving glow sticks made them glow brighter so decided to try it for himself. His first experiment went so well that he decided to film it so he could send it to his girlfriend. It did not go as well the second time around! And my dad's reaction in the video is PRICELESS!

As Jack's older brother I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show the world what my family already knows extremely well: Whenever Jack decides to do something, it almost never goes as planned!

This was filmed at my parents' house in Mason, Ohio the day before Halloween this year, and unfortunately for Jack, is 100% real.

And yes, Jack is fine and his eyes still work. But more importantly the beautiful, awesome shirt is alive and well too! I still can't believe how popular this is getting! Thanks everyone!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    To be fair, it WAS and would be much brighter after microwaving it! Especially if it's actually in your eye... he was probably blinded by the light :joke:

Yeah, I know he wasn't actually blinded.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I love how pops kept letting him know his AWSOME shirt is ruined!! My dad would of made me eat 10 of those glow sticks and then beat my ass for getting glow juice everywhere!! Great post, I enjoy watching other people do stupid things.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Can I borrow some stripper midgets to help me bleach my deck??? It'll be an all day affair. I want to be sure I bleach my deck good.
    Wow, must be a very huge deck to take all day to bleach it! Midgets are being dispatched now. Not sure how many midget strippers your huge deck can accommodate but I'm sending 5 of them!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    when my son was a teenager he was a mad scientist. He was always tinkering and inventing. One evening he was sitting at the kitchen table with a cereal bowl full of that glow juice drained from a half dozen glow-sticks. He had also collected various household chemicals. He had bleach, toilet cleaner, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, salt, aspirin, not to mention several things from the garden supplies and from the medicine cabinet.

Having seen the results of one of these sessions before, such as clouds of chlorine gas and spontaneous and unexpected flames, I slipped on through quietly without commenting. I joined my wife in the living room and watched tv for about 20 minutes when we saw a brilliant green flash from the kitchen followed by a long sequence of foul language!

When we got to the kitchen the boy was reeling flash-blinded around the kitchen and the bowl of glow juice was now very dimly lit and had smoke rising from the surface! He had somehow stumbled upon a chemical reaction that had released the entire 12 hours of light potential in one short instant.........GENIUS!

I grilled him for the process but he had mixed several things in several different sequences. The actual process was lost in the jumble and subsequent hours of research failed to reproduce the phenomenon. I was sure that we were on the verge of a million dollar breakthrough when the head of research (the wife) shut us down. She doubted that there was a market for flashing glow sticks anyway and we better clean up the kitchen........ A brilliant discovery lost by a lack of vision.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If you're going blow up glow sticks, the microwave would not be my preferred method.

[video=youtube_share;ESxtVJlcH0s]http://youtu.be/ESxtVJlcH0s[/video]

Top Bottom