Why you should listen to your parents... Language warning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    A somewhat popular night-time pass-time for the operator types that were on odd schedules overseas was cutting them open, pouring into a cup, dipping a golf-ball and then whopping it (sometimes off of a roof-top to offer a better vantage point) at whatever target seemed desirable to hit... I took part in one such episode as they were bombarding an ANA check-point and an Australian camp with glowing golf-balls dropping from the sky... It was a blast until they ran out of golf-balls...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That just reminded me of something my brother and I did. We found some old camera flash bulbs at a yard sale. These things were huge! had a few dozen of them. We tinkered with setting them off with a few "D" size batteries. It was cool! One of us remembered we had some battery's we had dumpster dived out of the Telephone company Dumpster(real cool place to fine wire and such!)" they were something like 48 volt or so. Can't remember.

They still had a fair amount of voltage left. 35-40's volts or so. Being the geniuses we were we deduce they more voltage might just flash a bit more :-) So we wired them up. It was about midnight or so. We had the lights off so we could enjoy the effect. Well ,we touched it of. OMG!! I have never seen anything that bright! My mom was in the other room. She said it pretty lit the whole first floor up! We couldn't see anything but a dot for about 5 minutes. Kodak moment for sure!! And we were ordered to throw them away :-( Kill joys.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom