• ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Ok. I need help.
    I am looking for and AR upper that is low recoil and suppressor friendly. It eventually will become a SBR. I was "set" on a 5.7 x 28 upper with a 12" barrel but the upcoming ammo price increase on top of $23/50 rounds isn't helping.
    I currently have a 6.8 and a 7.62x39 upper that my wife will shoot but its not like she would spend a day plinking with either one. I do have a gsg5 that she really enjoys but I would like something I could reload for.
    I don't currently have anything in 5.56 so even it would require a sizeable investment in ammo and reloading supplies. It wouldn't be any cheaper than 5.7x28.
    Advice or ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana

Any experience with any of these yourself? I had something similar to the one on the Ak on my NHM 91 before I sold it. I couldn't get my wife to even shoot that one due to recoil and muzzle jump. The planned barrel is only going to be 10-12 inches long. How well would these work. I have so many questions. I have never even had or shot a SBR length barrel so I have nothing to compare it to.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I saw your recent camparison Esrice, but $165 for a compensator!

That was for a different brake-- the BattleComp 2.0

The above video features the PWS FSC556 comp and a YHM Phantom 5C2 comp (last one). The PWS goes for around $90 and the YHM for about $30.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Is the battlecomp even more effective? I hadn't given any thought to a 7.62 x 39 SBR upper for AR 15 after watching my wife shoot my full size upper. It has a Q2 comp on it. Will these other muzzle breaks make a huge difference even in a SBR setup? It will be a pistol to start.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is the battlecomp even more effective?

I have yet to compare it apples-to-apples, but I'd say yes. Part of what makes the BattleComp unique is its ability to also eliminate the annoying blasty-ness often associated with comps.

I hadn't given any thought to a 7.62 x 39 SBR upper for AR 15 after watching my wife shoot my full size upper. It has a Q2 comp on it. Will these other muzzle breaks make a huge difference even in a SBR setup? It will be a pistol to start.

Yes they will make a difference, even on an SBR or pistol. How much? That's tough to quantify.

BTW, the 7.62-compatible BattleComp is $220. :eek: :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I haven't completely ruled out a 5.7 upper yet either.

It is pretty sweet (especially suppressed)!

Saturday-reduced-59.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poqNITzXk0U

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Sweet. Thanks Esrice! I guess my next question would be how did it compare to your Noveske SBR weight wise, recoil wise? Is there much of a difference between the two recoil wise and suppressed? Anyone else have any input?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I guess my next question would be how did it compare to your Noveske SBR weight wise, recoil wise? Is there much of a difference between the two recoil wise and suppressed?

I don't think I can accurately compare the two, as I shot them at two very different times. That's not a very helpful answer but its honest. :D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i can't help much but to say my wife loves my 5.7 upper and ps90. they are so easy to shoot. ammo is expensive but if you look around you can find it for a decent price. the ammo is suppose to be semi annoying to reload. my wife also has no problems shooting my 5.56.

Top Bottom