• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I would say don't give up on the semi-autos too soon. When I first got my Taurus .380, I had difficulty racking the slide, but I just wanted to prove that I could do it. (Didn't want my men to say a woman couldn't do that.) My suggestion is talk to other women- how do they do it. Try some of the suggestions the good folks on here have, as well as corneredcat.com and other sites.

I was able to overcome some hand and wrist issues and found I love shooting the semi's. Also, in one of the classes I took the instructor taught us how to rack the slide with one hand - just in case that was all that was available.

While I can't speak for anyone else, in my case the key was practice, practice, practice along with a push-pull method held close to the torso. It seemed to me the compact semi-autos were harder at first do to the smaller surface area.

Just my experience. Hope this is helpful!

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My girlfriend doesn't care for revolvers. She shoots the semis and shoots them well. Her favorite was the Sig P6, but she also likes my G19. Never had any slide racking problems.

I say, for women, the bigger the gun, the better. Easier to control and quite a few seem to either not carry, or purse carry. I think if my girlfriend's hands were big enough for the grips on the Beretta 92G she would have kept it from me.

Top Bottom