• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I have hinting at getting a 10/22 and driving my wife nut and keep getting shot down. well this morning the only part of the paper she hands me is the Dicks sales add, I think to torcher me more (women are like that you know). I didn't know what to say or do nothing worse than the wife being upset about a new gun and hearing about it for weeks if not longer LOL
    :dunno:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    She handed you the dicks ad. Tell her you thought that was her way of giving you permission. On a side note put a bipod and good scope on it and take her out to shoot it. She will love it when she is able to hit a golf ball at 100 yards.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Sounds like you need a new wife. I'll take this one off your hands; I already have a 10-22, so she can't shoot me down there.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I agree the ad was permission.

My wife usually gets tired of me talking about a gun and tells me to just go get it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I told my wife I wanted a motorcycle (our first one). She decided to go to the toy store and bought me a 8-inch toy motorcycle that made the sound of a Harley. So, the next day i went and bought my motorcycle. That is what she wanted me to do, right? After all, why would she want to play with my emotions like that? I'm sure I did the right thing. :D She was only upset for a few hours. :yesway:

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I work, I want, I buy. I want a new gun, I work more. Nice when I virtually write my own paychecks.
    She wants, she works, she buys. She want diamonds....I gotta work more. She's on salary.
    But we both agree, we work, we buy, but we don't let a bill go unpaid, and there's always money going into savings and our 401k's.
    Works out pretty good.
    Now if I could talk her into getting a 2nd job that makes what i make, I'll stay home, watch tv in my underwear, at 5pm I'll get up, throw a flowered apron on over my underwear and cook supper. Wrap supper up, put it in fridge, take apron off and hang it on door, go sit in my chair in my underwear and watch tv till its time for bed.

Seems like a pretty fair deal to me, but so far she's not to kosher to it. But I'm working on it

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I work, I want, I buy. I want a new gun, I work more. Nice when I virtually write my own paychecks.
    She wants, she works, she buys. She want diamonds....I gotta work more. She's on salary.
    But we both agree, we work, we buy, but we don't let a bill go unpaid, and there's always money going into savings and our 401k's.
    Works out pretty good.
    Now if I could talk her into getting a 2nd job that makes what i make, I'll stay home, watch tv in my underwear, at 5pm I'll get up, throw a flowered apron on over my underwear and cook supper. Wrap supper up, put it in fridge, take apron off and hang it on door, go sit in my chair in my underwear and watch tv till its time for bed.

Seems like a pretty fair deal to me, but so far she's not to kosher to it. But I'm working on it

Man, some of these women can be so unreasonable. Sounds like you need a different one too. Send yours over here, I'll, um... set her straight. May take a while.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My brother in law should be dead from all the purchases he makes behind my sisters back, they have the money, it's not like he lets things go that need to be paid, but he really pushes it with his weekly trips to various gun shops. That's why I like having him around, it makes ME not look quite so crazy. I bring him up every time my wife is giving me that "I can't believe you bought another gun look".:laugh:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    These threads always make me appreciate my wife so much. She's a stay ay home mom but I always include her on any financial decisions but I never ask permission. She doesn't either.

If I want a new gun, she knows I'll only buy it if it's within the budget and our short and long term goals. She has never gotten mad at me for anything I've ever bought except for when I bought her an hp laptop and an iPhone 5 for her birthday! Go figure, she gets upset when I spend "too much" on her.

She's worth every dime and then some.

So, go buy it and pick up something for her that she's been wanting for whatever the sale price and retail price difference is.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    I have hinting at getting a 10/22 and driving my wife nut and keep getting shot down. well this morning the only part of the paper she hands me is the Dicks sales add, I think to torcher me more (women are like that you know). I didn't know what to say or do nothing worse than the wife being upset about a new gun and hearing about it for weeks if not longer LOL
    :dunno:
    Hey!
    That's her way of saying "go buy the damned thing if you want it so bad".
    She's a keeper!
    Besides, women can hardly stand to pass up a sale.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Well we sold some stuff we had on craigslist today she told me in that do but you better not voice to keep the money and go get the gun.I have my son on her now since he had so much fun to day shooting. Since I have the cash in my hand Tuesday I'm going shopping. Have to work tomorrow darn it.
    Heck I just may get 2 guns now she'll never know LOL
    Oh and by the way I usual bug her to the point she gives in just to shut me up too.

Top Bottom