• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The ad was her way of saying "that's a good price, go ahead it's on sale"

+1 on the wife. Mines like that, she knows if I'm happy we're happy and vise verse.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Dude....you have two ways to go on this. One, sack-up and just do it or......involve her at every level. Take her shopping for guns when it's not busy. It's only a .22 but don't tell her it's a gateway gun to the big stuff. :D

Most women need to stick their toe in the water and not get their hair wet and some just dive in.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Sometimes I wish I had wife that said NO. If I tell I want this hand gun she says well I want this one. Told her I wanted to build a AR from the ground up she said I have to build five so we all have one. I wanted a 10/22 for plinking and tree rats now we have 2 and are waiting on 3 more. I never hear NO I just hear one is not enough.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Wrap it up and hide it until Christmas. Then bring it out Christmas morning, stick in the corner and act all surprised. Say Santa must have brought it!

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Man, some of these women can be so unreasonable. Sounds like you need a different one too. Send yours over here, I'll, um... set her straight. May take a while.

I tell everyone how I met my wife.

I answered an ad in the paper.....WTT Gravy Bowl for daughter....
    I thought, man oh man what a deal when I read all that was to come in the trade....cook, clean, work.

Whats funny is just the week before I read this ad, I found this fine white gravy bowl at a garage sale for .50.

So I called the mother, made arrangements, went to N Minnesota with my gravy bowl, and made the trade.

My now mother in law told me as we were leaving, I wouldn't be dissappointed. She said you get married, she'll love, honor and obey.

(this part below is true)
    Well 10 yrs went by, and we were up at the in laws lake house in N MN,
    I was sitting at the bar with wife and Mother in law.
    Father in law was in living room watching the Vikes play.
    Got to talking and somehow the fine white gravy bowl joke came up.
    Told my mother in law, so far I got a half horse trade going on.

I got the work, cook and clean part, but the honor and obey aint happening and where's the love????

Asked if it was possible to get my fine white gravy bowl back.....
    My mother in law didn't find it so funny...my father in law had to pause the tv due to laughing so hard.
    ( I think the laughing was because I got the short end of the stick)
    I had to sleep in the other spare bedroom that night. :):

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You just described Me..

I work, I want, I buy. I want a new gun, I work more. Nice when I virtually write my own paychecks.
    She wants, she works, she buys. She want diamonds....I gotta work more. She's on salary.
    But we both agree, we work, we buy, but we don't let a bill go unpaid, and there's always money going into savings and our 401k's.
    Works out pretty good.
    Now if I could talk her into getting a 2nd job that makes what i make, I'll stay home, watch tv in my underwear, at 5pm I'll get up, throw a flowered apron on over my underwear and cook supper. Wrap supper up, put it in fridge, take apron off and hang it on door, go sit in my chair in my underwear and watch tv till its time for bed.

Seems like a pretty fair deal to me, but so far she's not to kosher to it. But I'm working on it

THIS is exactly what I do..Don't forget to clean up the dishes/kitchen..Bill.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    One or the other.

Many here have found one can live w/o a wife (or husband.) I pray we never see the time when we CAN'T live w/o a gun. It is your choice. Spousal attitudes do not improve w/ age. EBG

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Im in the boat too. My wife doesnt understand why I need more guns. I think those blinders are coming off though. She sees how good of a mood Im in after going out shooting for an afternoon, and with the .22, its not nearly as expensive. Hopefully this comes in handy when it comes time for my next purchase.

-MColford

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    When sex is used to win a skirmish, the wife should know that ...

she has lost the war. SHE is not something worth arguing over, just to have her way. Time for R&R in this tour!!

I tell everyone how I met my wife.

I answered an ad in the paper.....WTT Gravy Bowl for daughter....
    I thought, man oh man what a deal when I read all that was to come in the trade....cook, clean, work.

Whats funny is just the week before I read this ad, I found this fine white gravy bowl at a garage sale for .50.

I got the work, cook and clean part, but the honor and obey aint happening and where's the love????

Asked if it was possible to get my fine white gravy bowl back.....
    My mother in law didn't find it so funny...my father in law had to pause the tv due to laughing so hard.
    ( I think the laughing was because I got the short end of the stick)
    I had to sleep in the other spare bedroom that night. :):

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Originally Posted by msd
    I work, I want, I buy. I want a new gun, I work more. Nice when I virtually write my own paychecks.
    She wants, she works, she buys. She want diamonds....I gotta work more. She's on salary.
    But we both agree, we work, we buy, but we don't let a bill go unpaid, and there's always money going into savings and our 401k's.
    Works out pretty good.
    Now if I could talk her into getting a 2nd job that makes what i make, I'll stay home, watch tv in my underwear, at 5pm I'll get up, throw a flowered apron on over my underwear and cook supper. Wrap supper up, put it in fridge, take apron off and hang it on door, go sit in my chair in my underwear and watch tv till its time for bed.

Seems like a pretty fair deal to me, but so far she's not to kosher to it. But I'm working on it

THIS is exactly what I do..Don't forget to clean up the dishes/kitchen..Bill.

Even the flowery apron part?

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I just buy it, stick it in the safe and if she ever see it tell her I've had it for ever. You made the mistake of actually telling her you wanted on. Plus, A full Colonel (Catholic Priest) told me that the only "ass chewing" only lasts 15 minutes!
    That's what i'm going to do with the 9mm I'm looking at buy it and put it away tell her I have had it for years. she don't know what guns i do or don't have :cool:

rimfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I told my wife that I was saving money when I bought my .22 rifle. I told her the same thing when I bought my .22 pistol. I told her the same thing when I bought my second hand shotgun. I'm saving so much money on guns, that I can afford to buy lots of ammo. How's that for logic??? She says my hobby is expensive, but she encourages me to go to the range on weekends and relax after a rough week at work. She's great and pretty understanding.

Top Bottom