• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Friend and I want to take some classes at the Sig Academy in New Hampshire. We want to drive there, but the restrictions in New York pretty much make it impossible.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Because there is some amazing things to see in NYC...

All these tough men that are afraid to hit the big city...:dunno:
    I see common sense has left the building. :)

One of the first things you want to do is ride the subway. After an experience with that stench she will be ready to come home. I also recommend you get a course from Tim Larkin on hand to hand self defense (at least know how to do the Trident) and take a cane knowing how to use it. You have time before July to be competent in these two things. A brush up on situational awareness would be good too.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

No kidding. Not choosing to go somewhere just because you can’t carry is silly. Missing out on a lot of things and cool places.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Friend and I want to take some classes at the Sig Academy in New Hampshire. We want to drive there, but the restrictions in New York pretty much make it impossible.

Driving through the northern part of the state isn't bad I still wouldn't carry any firearms with me. NY and NJ are no place to have firearms in your vehicle. As far as NYC my daughter works in the world trade center and as of last year she told me they have armed guards patrolling the property carrying sub machine guns.

I am an old man not a bad ass like some but I am smart enough to stay out of places wear there is a chance of being a victim.

I was born there so I know better than most what NY is like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well we all know this man. I have been there. Not scared. What is all that. I live in a fair sized city and the only thing I am scared of is my spouse and for good reason. As to New York, think about where you are.......a 2A friendly "Gun" forum. That should be all there is. The big apple is concentrated lib Bravo Sierra. The east coast is populated by so many irritable people. Fear is not what I was concerned with. Seriously. Hell I have been to most every major population center on this continent. The bigger they are the less I want to return there.

That is all I was pointing out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Dude, if my wife asked me to go to New York I would file for divorce... I am not even joking!! Shes from Texas (thank our Heavenly Father) but I would tell my wife, I'm staying home and if that's not ok we need to find a divorce attorney. You could not pay me a billion dollars to step foot in that liberal **** hole. I would seriously face execution before going there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Capture.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

No kidding. Not choosing to go somewhere just because you can’t carry is silly. Missing out on a lot of things and cool places.

Not to speak for others, but for me I have no urge to see that sh**hole city. And Ive been to NJ. Nothing worth going back for.

Even if I was LEOSA qualified and could carry, I still wouldnt want to go.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Well we all know this man. I have been there. Not scared. What is all that. I live in a fair sized city and the only thing I am scared of is my spouse and for good reason. As to New York, think about where you are.......a 2A friendly "Gun" forum. That should be all there is. The big apple is concentrated lib Bravo Sierra. The east coast is populated by so many irritable people. Fear is not what I was concerned with. Seriously. Hell I have been to most every major population center on this continent. The bigger they are the less I want to return there.

That is all I was pointing out.

This. x1,000

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I've been to Chicago, San Francisco, NYC, NJ, and Boston all on Business, so no gun. Never an issue. There are places one shouldn't be in any city. I was in SF for 5 weeks on a project. Zero issues. As to people, A Holes are everywhere.

Each place has a lot to offer, glad a was able visit and take in the sights, local food scene and of course the beer. I still dream about the cheese pizza in NYC.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My wife drug me down to Disney in Orlando. I was in the hotel with the ****s for two days. Talk about being out of my element. It was a stress test. Told her I'm driving my truck from now on.

No way in hell I would ever go to NY. I have some relatives there even. Nope no way!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yeah, I have to go lol. I dont do well in crowds as it is due to my profession. And shes wanting to go for the 4th of July and all that jazz. I tried telling her that it looks the same in Muncie and Id hold up a Statue of Liberty toy in front of her for effects lol...she didnt bite. At least I know Im good in Penn., its crazy how we accept their license/permit/whatever you want to call it, but they accept NO ONES! Time to google size and type of bladed object Im allowed to have on my persons......
    I've watched the fireworks from a boat on the East River just north of the Brooklyn Bridge and also just off Liberty Island. Nothing like watching MASSIVE fireworks with The Statue of Liberty behind you.

I see common sense has left the building. :)

One of the first things you want to do is ride the subway. After an experience with that stench she will be ready to come home. I also recommend you get a course from Tim Larkin on hand to hand self defense (at least know how to do the Trident) and take a cane knowing how to use it. You have time before July to be competent in these two things. A brush up on situational awareness would be good too.
    We LOVE the subway system. Easy to use and fairly cheap.

Not to speak for others, but for me I have no urge to see that sh**hole city. And Ive been to NJ. Nothing worth going back for.

Even if I was LEOSA qualified and could carry, I still wouldnt want to go.
    It's far from a ****hole. My wife is from Jersey City, her father was from Hell's Kitchen, her mom from Bay Ridge Brooklyn. Lots of family in NJ/NYC. We've been visiting every few years since 1993. It's actually quite safe there. In all the 5 boroughs in 2017 they only recorded 300 or so homicides (pop 8+ million), Indy recorded 150+ (pop 800k). To each their own I suppose. People's dislike for big cities is understandable I suppose. Much like my dislike for small towns and rural areas. Not sure how people like that...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, the wife wants to go to NY, probably drive. I know our license is good in Ill and Penn but not in NY. We will be staying with a relative in Penn but will be frequenting NY for vacation during that week. Is there no legal way for me to carry my firearm?
    Ohh and no. But being without your handgun should not equal helpless. Go and enjoy the many sites you cannot see anywhere else.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been to Chicago, San Francisco, NYC, NJ, and Boston all on Business, so no gun. Never an issue. There are places one shouldn't be in any city. I was in SF for 5 weeks on a project. Zero issues. As to people, A Holes are everywhere.

Each place has a lot to offer, glad a was able visit and take in the sights, local food scene and of course the beer. I still dream about the cheese pizza in NYC.

My involvement in racing has taken me all over the continent....off continent and points in between.
    My real job in the trades has put me in a lot of the same places and all points in between.
    The spouse and I have traveled a bit but we choose to go away from the high population centers. There is a lot to do and see "Out" there as well.
    You are correct. There is a lot to see/experience. If you are of the mind to do so. Problem is, and this could be all in my head, the people. Spent a 4 days in Philly a few years back. We spent time with our Grandchild and family over there. Ate out a lot, went around the city. Our take away was that the general attitude/demeanor of those we met was crabby at best. Few smiled. Our middle America hospitable mindset was well out of place. We have zero issues starting conversations and getting involved. Not there. Same in the big apple. Maybe we were just wrong place wrong time but not going back to test the theory.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    My feeling is not of fear but more of common sense. I'm at home in big cities or rural areas, that part is of no consequence. Mine is principle. Why should I as a gun owner go to a state that literally hates me as a gun owner. Why should they receive my money to support their anti-gun laws? It is not logical. Why buy a gun which is headquartered in an anti-gun state, I will not. I will never see it all and neither will anybody else so I would rather spend my money in a state that respects my civil rights as a gun owner than a state that does not. People on here have changed banks for that very reason or not shopped or eat in stores for that same reason. I as a gun owner am content with that logic.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    If you cannot avoid going to NY, I would carry to PA & leave the hardware there when going behind enemy lines in NY. That is what I did several years ago when I went to Niagara Falls, ON, via NY.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    NCY is alright just have SA you will be fine!
    I think you find it underwhelming not as great as the hype but something that everyone should visit.

BTW
    Denny thinks you have to be surrounded by strangers to be alive and have access to all types of food at all hours!

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If you do end up going, be sure to get robbed on the subway or central park.
    They should have a brochure in the hotel lobby that rates the best places to go. Everyone should experience that at least once.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Plenty of cool things to do and neat places to see where defending myself is legal. Been to NYC and New Jersey. Didn't lose anything that I need to go back for. Don't want to fund the liberal ideas of anyone I met there.
    And more than 12 people in one place that I have to have a plan to kill makes me itchy. It's a lot to think about.

"Be nice to everyone but have a plan to kill everybody in the room"

Top Bottom