• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    All those holes in the roof at the rifle range, and in the rifle stands between lanes make me wonder.

Yeah, I remember back in the day, you'd see holes in the roof, the tables, and the wooden stools. It was nice if you were there during the week when there were few or no other shooters, but it could get a little crazy sometimes on the weekends. I thought that the reason they closed the 100 yd range was partly because guys would move over to that one when the shorter ranges were full, and were shooting at targets set up at short distances and ended up shooting over the backstop.

I hadn't gone there in a long time, and then when I did, it sure looked nicer and more controlled than it had been. I plan to go there soon, but during the week if I can.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    WW is well worth the drive from Indy...the hour it takes to get there helps build up the excitement of throwing lead at those pesky zombies. I keep asking myself..."Are we there yet?" :D
    Plus you get to stop at the Rural King in New Castle. I am a member at MCFG, but it is actually an easier drive for me over to WW. It is a nice range:yesway:
    I would think it should remain free since our tax dollars pay for it, although I believer there are fees at some DNR ranges elsewhere:(

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    I live quite close to there. I like to go there on friday afternoons because I get off of work at noon on fridays. There are very few people there at that time. It can get really crowded in the evenings and on weekends. Nice range though.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Plus you get to stop at the Rural King in New Castle. I am a member at MCFG, but it is actually an easier drive for me over to WW. It is a nice range:yesway:
    I would think it should remain free since our tax dollars pay for it, although I believer there are fees at some DNR ranges elsewhere:(

WW just needs someone to die and leave money for it's upkeep like Rouse. :dunno: Free usually means ugly. :)

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Winamac Fish & Wildlife Area

To bad you all do not live closer to the Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area north of Winamac Indiana.You would never go anywhere else. They have a awesome skeet range and even more awesome rifle range with 25, 50, 100, 200 yard lanes.Rifle range has overhead cover with built in shooting benches and seats, all on concrete.Skeet range has over head as well with gazebo for relaxation. Paved parking at both ranges (skeet & Rifle). The ranges are SUPER clean with range officers that are great guys. This range is the "crem-dela-crem" of DNR ranges. You can look the range hours up on line. It is a well kept secret in Indiana and worth the drive.:D PS- It has a very nice archery range as well on the grounds.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Are the hours still the same regarding holidays? I was wondering specifically about next Monday and if anyone was there this weekend and knows how busy it was..

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Are the hours still the same regarding holidays? I was wondering specifically about next Monday and if anyone was there this weekend and knows how busy it was..

Closed Mondays (maybe Tuesday) and holidays IIRC.

I drive past it almost everyday, but havent been for a long time. It's a fun range if it's not crowded.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    The RSO that is normally there is a great guy and will give you no trouble if you aren't stupid. He's a gun enthusiast himself and I've had some good conversations with him. I don't know if he is the only DNR guy on the range, though. They used to have a real @#$%hole but I haven't seen him in years.

j_kinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Does anyone know if the target stands at the pistol range are moveable? I have never been to WW, and I am thinking they are only at 25yds. I am planning to take someone who has never shot a gun and would love to have a target at about 10yds while they are learning.

I have been to Rousch Lake shooting range and those are moveable, so I would ideally like something like that.

Thanks!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Does anyone know if the target stands at the pistol range are moveable? I have never been to WW, and I am thinking they are only at 25yds. I am planning to take someone who has never shot a gun and would love to have a target at about 10yds while they are learning.

I have been to Rousch Lake shooting range and those are moveable, so I would ideally like something like that.

Thanks!

This is my only gripe with WW is you can't have portable target stands for shooting and the existing ones are not moveable. I don't even bother shooting handgun there.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've been to WW the past two saturdays (expecting to go today, if my buddy ever calls me back). I love it there. Both the ROs I've met are very nice, and it hasn't been crowded for me yet. In fact, my buddies and I had most of the range to ourselves for the majority of the time we were there. The other shooters seem to be friendly as well.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Went to WW with my son yesterday and went back today to take him, his girlfriend and my daughter. His girlfriend has never shot before and it looked like she had a blast. Several families & couples out there today as well. It is a nice range for what it is, free. I like the fact that there is a DNR "RO" there all the time.

Top Bottom