• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Wondering if you guy will price match buds guns on a savage 11 hog hunter in 308?

I don't think they do .

I asked about matching an ammo price once and was told they "don't compete with a computer" .

So I bought online and saved some money , just had to wait a little longer to get it .

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    IMO it's not worth the time and effort to save a few bucks with trying to price match. If it were $100 or so, I'd say go with the cheaper guy. However If you go to the shop you obviously prefer and trust and they overcharge you, you'll never go back and you'll speak Ill of them forever... So do you prefer and trust them?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Price match? I doubt it. Deal? I'm sure they would.

Add up the cost of the gun at Bud's, plus shipping and the transfer fee. See how far apart they really are, and make them an offer. You might end up close enough.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Price match? I doubt it. Deal? I'm sure they would.

Add up the cost of the gun at Bud's, plus shipping and the transfer fee. See how far apart they really are, and make them an offer. You might end up close enough.

Buds usually has shipping wrapped into the advertised price.

Simon6101

Master
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Sorry

We will not price match with online pricing. Sorry. We have a Hog Hunter in stock and after checking their site with transfer you will still be paying our price.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    For the record, it is our standing policy to meet or beat pricing of any local competitor who has the gun in stock, right down to our cost if necessary. We do not price match non-local or internet dealers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is worth a few extra dollars to me so I can walk out the door with the gun in my hands.
    If I can not see, touch, fondle and drool on it I do not buy it. No drool, no buy.
    It is merely a small convenience charge.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Spend your money at home (or close to it). Everybody benefits. Usually LGS will do extras for free like mount a scope, bore sight, throw in a box or two of shells, give you a pistol rug for that handgun you just bought, etc. Never found online dealers doing that, but I don't buy new guns online. JMHO

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Jan 12, 2012
    I learned a lesson about this a long time ago. A favorite local shopkeeper quoted me a price on a rifle which was between $100 and $150 higher than I could have bought it at a gun show (this was when gun shows were cheap and internet sales weren't here yet, at least not as we now know them). Given that even in my early 20's I understood the value of what I learned from this man, my cost comparison was purely academic in nature, and I was willing to pay extra for the privilege of being able to learn from him as well as supporting someone I preferred to support. The surprise in it was that although his price on the naked rifle was higher, by the time we finished with the scope, mounts, and accessories, my price out the door was lower than I could have managed at the gun show. Then, how do you put a cash value on the things I learned from someone rich in experience?

I will buy things online that are not available locally (like an unusual vintage item) but anything new or relatively so such that it appears on the rack with relative frequency comes from my preferred LGS.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    Spend your money at home (or close to it). Everybody benefits. Usually LGS will do extras for free like mount a scope, bore sight, throw in a box or two of shells, give you a pistol rug for that handgun you just bought, etc. Never found online dealers doing that, but I don't buy new guns online. JMHO

This. Exactly this. I'll give Bradis every chance in the world before jumping through the hoops at Bud's. I know those hoops aren't difficult but Bradis has treated me well for years and I haven't known a person who has shopped there that would say differently.

Last edited:

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    There is a gun shop in Madison that is like one I have never seen. The owner has great prices and sells guns and gun related products. No gun smithing and won't even recommend one. No lay a way. Has a very good stock of long arms and handguns. Beats internet prices most of the time. He's not a super personality, but he don't BS either.

dshaf

Marksman
    Feb 8, 2010
    Buy at Plainfield shooters supply. You won't have to worry about price matching. You will be getting the best price anyway. P.S. not affiliated with PSS in anyway

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was going to say, that the help at Bradis, is TOP NOTCH, and their prices, are sooooo gooood, that everyone else, should be made to price match .....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    /\ /\ /\ Posting this in the Bradis Sub Forum that they PAID money to have on INGO is a dbag move.

I find it interesting how that particular "party line" keeps getting repeated, even though it's patently untrue. The fact that it happens often in threads mentioning us, and often by folks with a low post count, is equally interesting.

PSS beats us on some prices, we beat them on others, and we have a price match policy in place to cover the former.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I find it interesting how that particular "party line" keeps getting repeated, even though it's patently untrue. The fact that it happens often in threads mentioning us, and often by folks with a low post count, is equally interesting.

PSS beats us on some prices, we beat them on others, and we have a price match policy in place to cover the former.

As stated before its not all about price. Customer Service is the key for me to make a gun purchase. No Gun Shop in INDY that I have been to can compare to the customer service that Bradis gives. If your higher on price ill pay the extra price and drive 30 mins to come to Bradis.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have only once gotten a lower price quote on an in-stock item at another dealer. I brought that price quote to Bradis and they not only matched but beat it. It was on my LCR .357 that at the time was a brand new high demand model.

I don't SHOP for guns on the computer, I RESEARCH guns on the computer then seek to buy local. That search more often than not leads me to Bradis. Even though there are 3 dealers closer to me I still travel the 1 hour round trip to Bradis because of their customer service and the relationships I have made there over the years. To me that is worth the extra few bucks and drive time.

Top Bottom