• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    In generations past, the police at least appear to have been closer to the community than they now are.

I would suggest that EVERYONE used to be closer to their community. I am honestly more engaged with INGO than I am with my real neighbors. Before, you'd make conversation with your neighbors because that's who you had to talk to. Even if there was 30 years in age difference and you had nothing in common, you'd find something. Now its easier to segment and "talk" to people who share your interests and experiences. That's great, and its a fantastic resource, but it comes at the cost of a disconnect from socializing based strictly on geography.

Maybe I'm bias from growing up pre-Internet in a small town and then currently living post-Internet in a big city, but I don't see people as engaged with their communities now. I used to know everything about my neighbors if I wanted to or not. If you go further than three houses from me now, I don't even know their names. In the country, I knew their names, medical conditions, their pets and livestock (you know who's horse that is in the road so you can let them know their fence is down), etc. You just rely on your neighbors more for the small stuff and the big stuff. There's no mass transit, so if your car breaks down, who's going to give you a lift into town to get a part?

Maybe that's breaking down too, I don't know, but hopefully the rural areas still maintain that sense of community.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, they will get it wrong and I hope and pray it's church mouse and all the rest who would gladly throw out the constitution in their quest for utopia or their loved ones who receive undeserved tune ups and not me and mine.

If a cop breaks the law and tunes me up, do I have a right to self defense or does he get to call for back up should I have the nerve to defend myself?

Now you have made me feel so special my friend. Where and how do I even advocate what you have posted. Proper response is what I am saying. Do what has to be done to catch and detain. I in no way advocated that you get tuned up. If you have not done anything wrong as I suspect you live your life anyway whats to worry about.

My first few posts were emotional and might have leaned off towards being a caveman. Maybe some of that is needed to stop "THE PROBLEM AT HAND"
    That is what we were discussing and now it is innocent folks being tuned up. Where in the hell did that come from. Of course you will defend yourself.
    I have not name dropped even if I disagree with someones opinion. I would not care about this if you got it right which you did not my friend. You have retorted against BBI and now me.
    Ask a question, get an answer.

Sometimes I feel you stir up just for a response. Sometimes you have good input and set a course in the discussion.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Now you have made me feel so special my friend. Where and how do I even advocate what you have posted. Proper response is what I am saying. Do what has to be done to catch and detain. I in no way advocated that you get tuned up. If you have not done anything wrong as I suspect you live your life anyway whats to worry about.

My first few posts were emotional and might have leaned off towards being a caveman. Maybe some of that is needed to stop "THE PROBLEM AT HAND"
    That is what we were discussing and now it is innocent folks being tuned up. Where in the hell did that come from. Of course you will defend yourself.
    I have not name dropped even if I disagree with someones opinion. I would not care about this if you got it right which you did not my friend. You have retorted against BBI and now me.
    Ask a question, get an answer.

Sometimes I feel you stir up just for a response. Sometimes you have good input and set a course in the discussion.

We all know what "tune up" means even though you and others keep advocating for it yet refuse to define it. LPD sure tuned up the guy in the power chair and that Leo still
    Has his job. So what is include in a "tune up" that is currently forbidden?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Because it is inevitable, churchmouse. Every type of violence that we allow police to use will at some point be utilized against an innocent person. The police are human beings and will make mistakes.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The consensus seems to be that there isn't enough "tune ups". LEO's are already authorized deadly force if necessary to affect an arrest. So unless we're talking about being able to kill a guy, revive him and kill him again, how are LEO's hands being tied? That only leaves lowering the bar for each level of force.

We all know "tune up" equals ass beating. So what currently doesn't allow for an ass beating that we want to hand out ass beatings for? That thug looked at me funny or cussed at me? Can't be cussing because we're complaining that we can't cuss at them.

I don't live or go near where everybody wants to focus these tune ups so what should I care, right?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No. The drug and rap culture was not running amok.
    People valued life a lot more.
    People had manners.
    People had morals.
    People had respect. Real respect....earned respect not the crap we have today.
    There was honor in a mans hand shake.
    At least for the most part.
    Children had 2 parents and a stable family that taught respect, responsibility and consequences.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because it is inevitable, churchmouse. Every type of violence that we allow police to use will at some point be utilized against an innocent person. The police are human beings and will make mistakes.

By a few bad eggs, yes possibly.

Here is a question, How would you suggest we re-instill some fear of wrong doing into these thugs. What is there to be done.

When I was a young man I had a healthy fear of law enforcement. I did not want to deal with them in the least. Probably saved my bacon a few times. Fear is healthy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We all know what "tune up" means even though you and others keep advocating for it yet refuse to define it. LPD sure tuned up the guy in the power chair and that Leo still
    Has his job. So what is include in a "tune up" that is currently forbidden?

OK, tune up is a term from way the hell back in the 60's. If you smarted off to a LEO you got your butt "Tuned" up. After the "tune" up your mind seemed to run better. Attitude adjustment was a later term meaning the same.

Lets move away from that term. How does reasonable response work for you. Even now with rules as tight ad they are some LEO pop a cork and go off on people. Bad eggs in every basket.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    By a few bad eggs, yes possibly.

No, even by the good ones. Wrong address, bad information. This crap happens constantly.

Here is a question, How would you suggest we re-instill some fear of wrong doing into these thugs. What is there to be done.

Encourage people to arm themselves and take responsibility for their own safety.

Stop wasting valuable police resources and jail cells on things like traffic stops and drug offenses. Free up these resources for thieves and violent criminals.

And most importantly, spread the Good News.

When I was a young man I had a healthy fear of law enforcement. I did not want to deal with them in the least. Probably saved my bacon a few times. Fear is healthy.

If they aren't afraid of the militarized jackboots who are burning babies and terrorizing old ladies with no backlash then they wouldn't have been afraid of the beat cop from back in your day either.

I don't think that more terror is the answer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No, even by the good ones. Wrong address, bad information. This crap happens constantly.

Encourage people to arm themselves and take responsibility for their own safety.

Stop wasting valuable police resources and jail cells on things like traffic stops and drug offenses. Free up these resources for thieves and violent criminals.

And most importantly, spread the Good News.

If they aren't afraid of the militarized jackboots who are burning babies and terrorizing old ladies with no backlash then they wouldn't have been afraid of the beat cop from back in your day either.

I don't think that more terror is the answer.

I can live with most all of that. well defined answer.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    OK, tune up is a term from way the hell back in the 60's. If you smarted off to a LEO you got your butt "Tuned" up. After the "tune" up your mind seemed to run better. Attitude adjustment was a later term meaning the same.

Lets move away from that term. How does reasonable response work for you. Even now with rules as tight ad they are some LEO pop a cork and go off on people. Bad eggs in every basket.

Ass beatings that violate the law? Who needs the constitution?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You love to tell of the glory days of your youth. Just the other day, it was your use of psychadelics and pot. All your grand biker stories and all the fighting that came with them. Oh, all of that was all well and good. But any modern youth who doesn't toe your line deserves a tune up.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You love to tell of the glory days of your youth. Just the other day, it was your use of psychadelics and pot. All your grand biker stories and all the fighting that came with them. Oh, all of that was all well and good. But any modern youth who doesn't toe your line deserves a tune up.

You have failed to account for a very critical element, specifically that Churchmouse in his youthful exuberance was doing unto himself and willful participants in the case of the fighting. This is entirely different from doing unto others who wish to be left alone and unharmed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Where in the hell are you coming up with this crap. Tow the line, WTF. We are talking thieves murderers and straight up bad people here. What the hell are you talking about.

You are off your meds my friend. Seriously. Chill out. I never gunned down LEO....I never kicked in a door and terrorized a family. Never held up a liquor store or rapped any body. I was a wild child but the 1st in line to help if it was needed. We were always involved in the neighborhood where you shun your neighbors. I have read the posts. Not your responsibility to check on them. Well, we do. Yes, I grew up in a crazy time but never sold drugs. Played in a band, lived the lifestyle, never hurt anyone for it. You want to start a fight...bring it. If you have taken offense with me fine.
    Now you have pissed me off. Is this the response you were looking for. You got it bucko. Now you can go giggle in the corner.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Where in the hell are you coming up with this crap. Tow the line, WTF. We are talking thieves murderers and straight up bad people here. What the hell are you talking about.

You are off your meds my friend. Seriously. Chill out. I never gunned down LEO....I never kicked in a door and terrorized a family. Never held up a liquor store or rapped any body. I was a wild child but the 1st in line to help if it was needed. We were always involved in the neighborhood where you shun your neighbors. I have read the posts. Not your responsibility to check on them. Well, we do. Yes, I grew up in a crazy time but never sold drugs. Played in a band, lived the lifestyle, never hurt anyone for it. You want to start a fight...bring it. If you have taken offense with me fine.
    Now you have pissed me off. Is this the response you were looking for. You got it bucko. Now you can go giggle in the corner.

The only thing I'm giggling at is the double standard. You can be a wild child but everyone else must be perfect.

Is everyone in the hood a murderer, cop killer, rapist, etc? Anyone who happens to live in the hood seems to be the target for your disdain, criminal or not.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The only thing I'm giggling at is the double standard. You can be a wild child but everyone else must be perfect.

Is everyone in the hood a murderer, cop killer, rapist, etc? Anyone who happens to live in the hood seems to be the target for your disdain, criminal or not.

You must really be having a bad day. First, there is no double standard. Where has CM indicated having a problem with people's choices for themselves? Choices that harm others are a different story. Second, you have assigned a position that he does not take. He has not been shy about having disdain for the predatory, dangerous, 'entitled', and useless by virtue of the fact that those people cause their problems to become everyone else's problems, but you have assigned a wide generalization which is not in fact truthful.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And you are totally off base...wrong.

However you read this you are not getting my point.

You are trolling now. There is no double standard being evoked. WTF are you trying to say here.

Wait, I get it......I do not fit into your tight little box as an acceptable person. Fine. No worries. I admit to some things from my youth and you are pushing a double standard. Read my last post again....very slowly so it sinks in.

I know folks from all walks of life from CEO's to the dregs. I walk freely among them and understand how all this works. I am looking for solutions. You are throwing rocks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You must really be having a bad day. First, there is no double standard. Where has CM indicated having a problem with people's choices for themselves? Choices that harm others are a different story. Second, you have assigned a position that he does not take. He has not been shy about having disdain for the predatory, dangerous, 'entitled', and useless by virtue of the fact that those people cause their problems to become everyone else's problems, but you have assigned a wide generalization which is not in fact truthful.

He is just being himself. I have tried to see through his eyes in his posts and some of it is OK. Today he is just pushing my buttons. Hope it makes his day better.

Top Bottom