Will Marijuana be legalized under Trump?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Drink/eat anything with caffeine in it? How about theobromine or tryptophan?

No reason to get your panties in a bunch, my friend. No one is trying to take away your fix. ;)

Just attempting to start a trend away from using chemical intoxicants to relax.

Intoxicants have been glamorized for many generations. Changing people's minds certainly wont happen quick.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No reason to get your panties in a bunch, my friend. No one is trying to take away your fix. ;)

Just attempting to start a trend away from using chemical intoxicants to relax.

Intoxicants have been glamorized for many generations. Changing people's minds certainly wont happen quick.

My panties aren't in a bunch, perhaps you're projecting? Caffeine and nicotine are my fix. But I notice you did't answer the question, I wonder why?

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    My opinion is that MJ is a tool full of political leverage and will be wielded as such.
    Politicians have been doing this for years.
    The difference is that no one has done anything about it.
    In fact, the political response had been to do nothing about it.
    Allow states to make their own rules but keep it federally illegal.
    This allows the government to maintain control.
    They can use the full weight of the justice department to pick and choose who they prosecute while allowing the people to think they have the power.
    Optics.
    I believe Trump will break this cycle.
    I do not think he will completely legalize it but I do believe he will reschedule it and remove the federal government from the equation.
    Essentially, he will pass its legality back on the state's shoulders.
    This will force our local politicians to take a hard stance.
    This, essentially, will return our power over the government.
    Politicians will be forced to take a stance and will be voted on by the residents.
    If the local politicians don't enforce the will of the people, we can vote them out.

No, he won't legalize.
    He will use it to unite us.
    For or against, he will return the decision to the people.
    This will bring even more aboard the Trump train without losing support of those who are against it.
    The best part is that you will finally have a legitimate say in the laws by which you are governed.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My opinion is that MJ is a tool full of political leverage and will be wielded as such.
    Politicians have been doing this for years.
    The difference is that no one has done anything about it.
    In fact, the political response had been to do nothing about it.
    Allow states to make their own rules but keep it federally illegal.
    This allows the government to maintain control.
    They can use the full weight of the justice department to pick and choose who they prosecute while allowing the people to think they have the power.
    Optics.
    I believe Trump will break this cycle.
    I do not think he will completely legalize it but I do believe he will reschedule it and remove the federal government from the equation.
    Essentially, he will pass its legality back on the state's shoulders.
    This will force our local politicians to take a hard stance.
    This, essentially, will return our power over the government.
    Politicians will be forced to take a stance and will be voted on by the residents.
    If the local politicians don't enforce the will of the people, we can vote them out.

No, he won't legalize.
    He will use it to unite us.
    For or against, he will return the decision to the people.
    This will bring even more aboard the Trump train without losing support of those who are against it.
    The best part is that you will finally have a legitimate say in the laws by which you are governed.

I wish this were true bud sadly I see this firmly in the "not gonna happen anytime soon " category

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I wish this were true bud sadly I see this firmly in the "not gonna happen anytime soon " category

Your response implies you would support such a move yet have lost faith in our government, correct?

This is what has happened to America. We have lost sight of the American dream. We have forgotten what it is like to want something seemingly unobtainable and simply given up. Our nation had lost hope.

If you want more power returned to the people and a truly smaller government, you have to speak up. Make your voice heard and, most importantly, defend your position with logic and facts.

Everything is possible if only we remembered how to dream.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Your response implies you would support such a move yet have lost faith in our government, correct?

This is what has happened to America. We have lost sight of the American dream. We have forgotten what it is like to want something seemingly unobtainable and simply given up. Our nation had lost hope.

If you want more power returned to the people and a truly smaller government, you have to speak up. Make your voice heard and, most importantly, defend your position with logic and facts.

Would I support the fed, rescheduling mj thus allowing states to decide? Absolutely.

Have I lost faith in the gov. Yea, kinda. However, I do still participate. I vote, I sign petitions, I've been protests (not mj related)

I just don't think the fed is ready to let go of weed just yet.

But even if the fed let go of mj tomorrow it would be a long time before Indiana got on board despite the majority of the people believe it should be legal in some form. (According to the last numbers I saw.)

It took Indiana 100 years to decide we were allowed to buy beer on Sunday.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Would I support the fed, rescheduling mj thus allowing states to decide? Absolutely.

Have I lost faith in the gov. Yea, kinda. However, I do still participate. I vote, I sign petitions, I've been protests (not mj related)

I just don't think the fed is ready to let go of weed just yet.

But even if the fed let go of mj tomorrow it would be a long time before Indiana got on board despite the majority of the people believe it should be legal in some form. (According to the last numbers I saw.)

It took Indiana 100 years to decide we were allowed to buy beer on Sunday.
    And the only reason we can buy beer on Sunday now was a quid-pro-quo deal between cronies. That ban was never about the sanctity of anything but retail turf.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Isn’t this a bit naive? No. Not everthing is possible if only we can dream. That’s the nonsense they say when promoting Disney fairytales. Possibilities are determined by pragmatic truths. The pragmatic truth about politics is that it is market driven like anything else. That market is currently driven by the people who control it now and are existentially motivated to keep it working the way it does.

Change it? Something very powerful would need to change the market. The Orange god-king is but a mere mortal. He’s not unifying people, he’s motivating people more towards the poles. Of course he’s not doing that on his own. The bat**** crazy neo-Marxist lunatics are really helping that along.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Too pessimistic

3% of Colonials defeated arguably the most powerful military in the world in the Revolution and established The United States

If we thought like you, we'd still be speaking English

We are at a fork in the road. The Orange Buddha can show you the path, he can't walk it for you

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Too pessimistic

3% of Colonials defeated arguably the most powerful military in the world in the Revolution and established The United States

If we thought like you, we'd still be speaking English

We are at a fork in the road. The Orange Buddha can show you the path, he can't walk it for you
    Consider that you haven’t discerned what I’m thinking. But this isn’t about that. The Orange god-king is a phalic idol of your choosing. He’s going through motions of a mere mortality, which you interpret as divine. It’s not a golden egg trump layed at the bottom of that golden pool of water. That pool is a toilet and it’s only a turd at the bottom. Trump is just a man, the skin tone is from over-doing the fake tanning. And he ****s like everyone else. He just can afford a golden toilet. Do you think Trump wants to end crony capitalism or just change it to work better for him and his?

And it’s not like the 3% won on their own. That’s a drastic overstatement. And the 3% ***damn sure didn’t dream their way into sovereignty. The real world is not a fairytale.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Trump cannot go along with legalizing pot unless he wants to go head to head with the corrupted institutions that make big money on it.
    He probably has bigger fish to fry unless he needs to threaten the finances of his opponents.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why does it have to be federal. The framers intended the states to be laboratories of liberty. If you can't convince your own state to legalize it then move to a stoner state. Oh, wait ... those are progressive states so you have to put up with a whole boatload of other crap? What does that tell you about legalization?

You could always become Rastafari

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why does it have to be federal. The framers intended the states to be laboratories of liberty. If you can't convince your own state to legalize it then move to a stoner state. Oh, wait ... those are progressive states so you have to put up with a whole boatload of other crap? What does that tell you about legalization?

You could always become Rastafari

I agree with that. I think states should have the power to decide for themselves. But to do that federal drug laws would would need to change.

Top Bottom