• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    The NRA is having a press conference on Friday. Are they going to betray gun owners in America? What do you think?

Yes, they compromise.... this was their first post back on facebook

The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know. I'm hoping not. Maybe the best thing is Christmas is almost here and maybe it'll distract many people and allow the emotion to cool off.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I don't know. I'm hoping not. Maybe the best thing is Christmas is almost here and maybe it'll distract many people and allow the emotion to cool off.

That makes is worse, I can imagine it. ''Think of the parents that don't have their kids... please support common sense gun laws.''

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The NRA WILL betray their members. Their members should already know that though. Take a look at many of the politicians that they support that are anti-2A. The NRA endorsed Romney and Romney said he'd support a national AWB if both sides wanted it. They only care about your money.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The NRA is having a press conference on Friday. Are they going to betray gun owners in America? What do you think?

Heck no. They're not backing away from their core values. I think they're going to "contribute" to efforts to secure our schools and/or promote better mental health screening or what not.

Besides. I don't care anymore. I just got rid of all my guns and all I have is an airsoft pistol now. evil guns.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That makes is worse, I can imagine it. ''Think of the parents that don't have their kids... please support common sense gun laws.''

Oh yeah. That'll be the tact. And there are enough gun-people that will support "common-sense" measures such as <10 round "clips" because they don't have those ugly black guns and can't "see why anybody would need one".

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Stop it!

Find some other (more constructive way) to work on your post count and (potential, although lacking) rep opportunity.

Say what? The OP has been here longer than you and has less posts. I highly doubt he created this thread as a way to work on padding his post count or rep. If he was concerned with that, he'd have had plenty of opportunities since joining in 2009.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The NRA WILL betray their members. Their members should already know that though. Take a look at many of the politicians that they support that are anti-2A. The NRA endorsed Romney and Romney said he'd support a national AWB if both sides wanted it. They only care about your money.

I am an NRA Lifer. I am NOT standing in the same line you are.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    On what basis would you ask such a question?

Give me an example of the NRA compromising?

On what basis do you say this?

We are seeing key pro gun members of Congress that are caving in to the idea of gun control such a Marco Rubio. the question is important to ask because it seems gun owners have no allies right now. They did compromise on the first assault weapons ban.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I am an NRA Lifer. I am NOT standing in the same line you are.

Not really sure what line you're standing in but I'll support those groups that are actually working for gun owners and not supporting politicians that are anti-2A because there is money to be had.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We are seeing key pro gun members of Congress that are caving in to the idea of gun control such a Marco Rubio.

:dunno:

How is the NRA responsible for these people say?

They did compromise on the first assault weapons ban.

As I was around for the VCCA of 1994, just what actions did the NRA take on the now defunct assault weapons ban that you deem compromise?

Top Bottom