• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When we had 6 years of a president and both houses of congress who were supposedly friendly to our constitutional rights (before bringing up PATRIOT, I said 'supposedly'), why was the NRA sitting back mumbling 'enforce the existing laws' rather than demanding action to rid us of the Hughes Amendment, GCA 68, and the 1934 NFA? I can forgive the organization (led by different people in a different time) backing the wrong horse on the latter two, but seriously, where the hell were they when we had what should have been a golden opportunity? How should I form any conclusion other than that the NRA, like Jackson and Sharpton operate in such a way as to be successful enough to remain relevant but not so successful that they work themselves out of a job?

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    It's pure politics. The POTUS will compromise on the debt ceiling and the gun lobby will compromise on an AWB. Pure politics. That's all. Both parties get what they want. Think about it. This **** on tv is just smoke and mirrors. 20 children being murdered is a tragic event. But think of the children that have been murdered throughout our history by none other than us. Come on, it's politics, plain and simple.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    The NRA WILL betray their members. Their members should already know that though. Take a look at many of the politicians that they support that are anti-2A. The NRA endorsed Romney and Romney said he'd support a national AWB if both sides wanted it. They only care about your money.

Yes.

They've turned on us before. They will do it again.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    NRA

Ultimately, I think this is the deciding factor

Compromise .....look for the 5 round box on all hunting rifles and the 10 round magazine on all handguns.. forget your AR's, And think about all the NRA lawyers that strut DC using your $$$.

I was a member before politics, I am not a member now. So sad...

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Compromise .....look for the 5 round box on all hunting rifles and the 10 round magazine on all handguns.. forget your AR's, And think about all the NRA lawyers that strut DC using your $$$.

I was a member before politics, I am not a member now. So sad...

I could be wrong of course but I'm holding out hope they won't compromise.

SecondAmendment

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Obama and Feinstein want to ban all guns. Everything that goes boom. They both agree that the Assault Weapons Ban is only the first step. The NRA is a very powerful lobby and the democrats are afraid of the NRA. Obama has stated he is now willing to "spend political capitol" to get gun control legislation enacted. He realizes this will cost him some popularity.

The NRA is America's best and only hope when it comes to resisting gun control. You might not agree with everything they say or do, but if we don't all stick together now, you are going to be stuck trying to defend your home with a water pistol.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can't think of a better day to renew my NRA membership (for life) than later today. After the press conference, though. Waiting to hear what they have to say.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Not really sure what line you're standing in but I'll support those groups that are actually working for gun owners and not supporting politicians that are anti-2A because there is money to be had.

crickets.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I avoided posting in this thread earlier, for personal reasons basically. And I've posted my thoughts in another thread. But, they may not have 'betrayed' us (judged by how many people are in favor of what was presented), though I feel like they didn't do us any favors.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Yeah, I avoided posting in this thread earlier, for personal reasons basically. And I've posted my thoughts in another thread. But, they may not have 'betrayed' us (judged by how many people are in favor of what was presented), though I feel like they didn't do us any favors.

well, I think they addressed the most important issue through this whole mess.......protecting our children.

If folks are worried about an AWB, then they need to stop panic buying, and start writing letters to representatives and signing petitions. Unfortunately, many of us in the gun community talk big game, but don't do squat about it. We need less blah blah blah, and more action.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't disagree, but want to say that we need to stop talking to each other. We need to talk to all of our family and friends (and school administrations) about who should take responsibility for our kids' safety. People are going to say mean things to us. Suck it up and say it anyway.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Sure they will. dream on!
    Just look how they helped George Zimmerman.
    They turned and ran away.
    A man that is fighting for our 2nd amendment.
    A man who protected his community.
    He was viciously attacked in his neighborhood by someone not living there.

The NRA said they wanted nothing to do with this problem.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The NRA has done a great deal to preserve our 2A rights. I think they deserve our continued support. But don't expect them to do it alone. They need the folks who are passionate about their freedoms to step up to the plate and make their voices heard. Now is the time to write your congressman! Be heard!

Top Bottom