Will the People of Catalonia Have Their Say on Secession?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look for Kirk Freeman's latest blockbuster, "Homage to Wookies in Catalonia: my time with the Ron Paul brigade"

wookies.jpg

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Regardless of whether or not the politicians are corrupt, I don't get why people (not directed at anyone personally) have knee jerk opposition to other people's independence. It would be like your spouse wanting a divorce and then using force to keep him/her in the house.

If say California for instance wanted to be independent, my reaction would be - "well bye". I truly don't get why anyone would want to keep them part of the country by force. I realize there may be financial and/or political reasons that politicians and big business care about, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the average Joe. Why should he care?

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Regardless of whether or not the politicians are corrupt, I don't get why people (not directed at anyone personally) have knee jerk opposition to other people's independence. It would be like your spouse wanting a divorce and then using force to keep him/her in the house.

If say California for instance wanted to be independent, my reaction would be - "well bye". I truly don't get why anyone would want to keep them part of the country by force. I realize there may be financial and/or political reasons that politicians and big business care about, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the average Joe. Why should he care?

Let's use your example of California. Do you drink orange juice? Eat almonds? Enjoy $0.99 heads of lettuce? Grapes? Strawberries? Tomatoes? Well, bye.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A lot of "average joes" see the economic, security, legal and political problems with secession.

I don't know enough about Catalonia to comment, but I have a fair idea of why we don't want states seceding.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    A lot of "average joes" see the economic, security, legal and political problems with secession.

I don't know enough about Catalonia to comment, but I have a fair idea of why we don't want states seceding.

Serious question, do you really think anyone would notice if say Vermont or Montana seceded?

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Seriously? You're saying none of that gets traded across borders?

It does, but not having a border makes it much cheaper. You can still get it, but prices will go up. Same with anything that gets brought into the ports of LA, San Diego (it's German), San Francisco. Costs rise, demand changes, consumption changes. Everything changes.

Let's talk military. San Diego Naval Base. Edwards AFB. Where do those go. Edwards, you can probably do ok. But SD? That is pretty much a needed base.

There are lots of reasons that secession is a bad idea. Not just on our end either.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    It does, but not having a border makes it much cheaper. You can still get it, but prices will go up. Same with anything that gets brought into the ports of LA, San Diego (it's German), San Francisco. Costs rise, demand changes, consumption changes. Everything changes.

Let's talk military. San Diego Naval Base. Edwards AFB. Where do those go. Edwards, you can probably do ok. But SD? That is pretty much a needed base.

There are lots of reasons that secession is a bad idea. Not just on our end either.

We have NAFTA. Nothing from California would be more expensive.

Military bases? We have them all over the world in foreign countries. Why would this be any different?

The only drawback I see is that we'd probably have to build a few thousand extra miles of border wall to keep out the exodus from California's liberal policy failures.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why are we talking about California succeeding? We all know that's not going to happen. It's not going to happen in Texas either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom