• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Not upset, simply pointing out the obvious. And yes, I do know your story because you just told it to me. All I'm saying is if you can't afford to do something then don't do it. But don't look for tax payers to subsidize your hobbies. So I wan't acting like I know your story, because it doesn't matter.

Tell you what, this summer, some of the younger engineers I work with are going to get my old dozer running so we can push up a backstop. You can come out and shoot any time I can make it. 1,343 yards at no cost. It may be the longest privately owned range in the state next to Atterbury. No,this will not or ever will be operated commercially. I just want a safe place to shoot some distance without driving to Hillside or Wildcat Valley.

But I'm warning you,you'll have to put up someone the Tea Party said “believes in too much freedom.”

Lol, I pray I never shoot with you either. Someone who would rather call names rather than offer an argument based on reason hasn't the mental capacity to observe basic firearm safety.

Obviously you missed the point, but I think you would get it. Rather than explain it to you, perhaps it would have more impact if you would read some Richard J. Maybury, Frederic Bastiat, and Ludwig von Mises.

What atmosphere? Private ranges have every financial incentive to provide an experience that will result in return business. It wasn't my intent to jump on his “rear end” but merely point out that there are alternatives which promote the private sector.

I've been to nine private ranges, indoor and out, and have fired nothing but my hand loads in my weapons. So I don't understand what you mean by “most” private ranges. Care to name them? I don't want to go there either.

The only time I had to buy ammo was when I rented an Uzi at Applied Ballistics. You see,a friend from Germany was in town and he had never fired a weapon inall his 34 years. So I wanted to make his first time something to remember. The weapon belonged to the range and they specified the ammo. Fair enough.

I've only been to one subsidized range, and that was camp Atterbury. There was a range nazi up in a woman's face with a bullhorn. Since the range was cold, she had her hearing protection off and you could tell by the way she grabbed her ear, winced and knelt as she turned that it was painful. After offering to support her should she decide to file suit, as others did, I figured I had seen enough of that place.

Still, it's a good place to get powder.

But really, if you'd rather give you guns to o-bummer than shoot at my range (If I had one). Then that says far more about you than it does about me.

8 months later......

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom