Will there be a glut of used in guns in the future?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I do not know about guns, but with everyone staying in it appears that some "I just decided to clean out the safe, and found this"...……...posts are appearing, just happened to find a couple boxes of ?!? at say $1.00 a round.
    An arm and a leg a case, your first born, for a carton of surplus.
    Glad I am happy with what I have.

Probably a good time to clear out things if one has consolidated calibers, or purchased a case to ease shipping costs and want to turn some of it over, etc. Seems reasonable to clear out some things that may have been sitting, that others can find use of, and the price is agreeable on both sides (it it isn't those items will sit unsold).

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I didn't read every post in this thread but I'm gonna go outside the box with my thinking.

I'm hoping these panic purchasers were previous non-gun owners, antis, libs, etc. Maybe they'll realize the benefits of firearm ownership and keep their guns and change their beliefs. Wishful thinking!

If not, there should be alot of used guns for sale.

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Makes sense that there would be. Maybe some good buys out there Later this year. They cleared the gun cases in most shops I visited, and I was tempted to panic buy (thinking great time for an EMP, and walking dead scenarios). I did stock up on some ammo.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was sitting here thinking just now. I know this because my wife walked in and asked why smoke was coming out of my ears. :)

I built an AR a few years ago. Nothing fancy; upgraded barrel and decent everything else. Well, my boss decided he wanted one and bought it. However, once he showed it to his wife, she wasn't very happy with his decision and last year he said he wanted to sell it.

I told him he would lose money on it since the market was tanked.

I'm not really following what is going on except that gun shops are busy selling everything they can get their hands on. Have the prices rebounded any? Would he be able to sell it right now and get close to what he paid me for it?

He hasn't shot it since he bought it from me. If I recall, I sold it to him for $650 and I had about that into it, maybe a few dollars more.

I don't have pictures of it so I couldn't list it, but do you guys think he has a shot at moving it right now?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was sitting here thinking just now. I know this because my wife walked in and asked why smoke was coming out of my ears. :)

I built an AR a few years ago. Nothing fancy; upgraded barrel and decent everything else. Well, my boss decided he wanted one and bought it. However, once he showed it to his wife, she wasn't very happy with his decision and last year he said he wanted to sell it.

I told him he would lose money on it since the market was tanked.

I'm not really following what is going on except that gun shops are busy selling everything they can get their hands on. Have the prices rebounded any? Would he be able to sell it right now and get close to what he paid me for it?

He hasn't shot it since he bought it from me. If I recall, I sold it to him for $650 and I had about that into it, maybe a few dollars more.

I don't have pictures of it so I couldn't list it, but do you guys think he has a shot at moving it right now?

I would sell the wife.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would sell the wife.

I agree. I told him before he bought it from me to make sure his wife was okay with it. I kinda know them a little and though they are preppers and fans of INFOWARS and are conspiracy theorists to boot, she isn't a fan of firearms, especially AR type rifles.

He said it was okay and since he is my boss, I didn't push it. Well, so here we are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. I told him before he bought it from me to make sure his wife was okay with it. I kinda know them a little and though they are preppers and fans of INFOWARS and are conspiracy theorists to boot, she isn't a fan of firearms, especially AR type rifles.

He said it was okay and since he is my boss, I didn't push it. Well, so here we are.

Yeah I get it but seriously, If you have to sneak your new firearms purchase into the house....well....:dunno:

But hey, :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like that woman is a liberal anti-gunner. It's good for her to be stuck with an AR in her house. Makes her a hypocrite. ;)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Saturday morning clean out (hey it is spring), I got lucky and found 550 rds of Winchester white box 115/124 gr 9mm FMJ, 400 rds of Federal 124 gr 9mm FMJ, several boxes of 20/25 rds in a box premium JHP, four fifty rd boxes of Federal .40 180 gr HST, and three boxes of Federal 9mm 124 gr HST.
    Blazer brass 9/40 is already in my range bag, and I was ever so lucky to find four boxes of .45 auto FMJ that somehow got wet over the winter, but is drying out now.
    So I’m good for now, better get busy storing the excess in a cool dry location.
    I bet some of you take time to inventory your stash today, I hope you get lucky too!

Top Bottom