• Will you go Back?

• Total voters

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I work in the pharmaceutical industry. The only way we would close now is if all of us were dead. People that can work from home do, the rest of us are there trying to kill this thing 24/7.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My wife’s probably been gone from there 20-25 years now. It grew a bunch in the mean time. She really liked Menabe.

She must have been there shortly after they opened. They are 31 years now in Bloomington. We have a plant in Texas (16 years) and a plant in Alabama (6 years).

It's been a good company to work for. For only the second time in my career life, I would like to stay until I retire.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ya I thought what our owner did was awesome. She even paid us for the 2 weeks she shut down. Owners like that go a long way in my book, makes me want to work harder and do a better job for her. Glad yours gave a explanation and was willing to sacrifice her own money for her employees.

Hatin', your employer sounds, um..."Fabulous?"

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Never stopped working thankfully. However, each week our sales have dropped of steadily. Hopefully, we can level off and maintain our jobs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    She must have been there shortly after they opened. They are 31 years now in Bloomington. We have a plant in Texas (16 years) and a plant in Alabama (6 years).

It's been a good company to work for. For only the second time in my career life, I would like to stay until I retire.

When my wife was very pregnant with our oldest child, when most businesses won’t even look at a pregnant woman, they hired her.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have been going into the office everyday. Even with business slow and I can not get inventory, I still go in. I do not want to get in the routine of staying up until 0300 watching Netflix and sleep in until noon.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I work in a hospital maintaining ventilators and assisting the CRNAs and anesthesiologists. Needless to say, I don't get too much time off these days. Once this is over, or at least quelled for now, I am probably moving on. The CDC and WHO guidelines have been consistently wrong, and we all know it; yet most hospital admins, governors, etc follow them to avoid liability. I'll do my part, but this has definitely shown that the CDC and WHO will get me killed if something really nasty rolls through. Probably moving to the supply side of the industry.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    We are way ahead of schedule with future projects. The sales for fall and next year suck we might be out of work by fall. But thankfully we are still at for now hope all others get back soon.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I wish I could... the airline I was working for went belly up early April so my job is gone, not to return. Dead as Epstein...

Going to try and find something outside Aviation once life gets back to normal and places start interviewing & hiring again.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes, I'll go back BUT for only 10 Workdays. I'm retiring April 30 and really looking forward to not taking anymore service calls!

Congrats to you! I envy those of you that can retire. I'm 60 and have at least 10 more years before I can consider it. And that's based on my retirement funds doing as well as they did the last couple years.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Yes, I'll go back BUT for only 10 Workdays. I'm retiring April 30 and really looking forward to not taking anymore service calls!

Congrats on your retirement. I retired Jan. 1 this year and it's been great. I have never been so busy with home projects but I don't miss work a bit. :rockwoot:

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Congrats on your retirement. I retired Jan. 1 this year and it's been great. I have never been so busy with home projects but I don't miss work a bit. :rockwoot:

Same here, I retired January 31. I will just be glad when my wife goes back to work so I can get rid of doing all her projects and begin my retirement! Since she is a college professor and her university has already decreed no in person classes until fall, that will not happen until August at the earliest.

Top Bottom