• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beprepared 31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    Terre Haute
    Hello everyone. Been lurking on this forum for awhile now and thought I would make my first appearance. I just wanted to show off my new toy that I picked up yesterday. Its a Wilson Combat/Protech Eagle designed by Les George. I have been saving up for awhile to get a good quality knife and I finally decided on this one. Before this the most I have every spent on a knife was about $80. But I finally decided it was time to make the jump to quality. Now I'm not saying you can't get a good knife for under a $100, but I wanted something that fit my picky list of qualities I look for in a knife.

I first contacted Wilson to see if they would sell me this knife directly and they said no, because it is an automatic knife and they could not sell it to me since I was not law enforcement, military, or EMS. So I contacted one of their authorized dealers and they ordered the knife for me. I had the Indiana Gun Club order the knife for me and if any of you have never been to the Indiana Gun Club in Fortville, I would highly recommend going. The have a great selection of firearms and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Wes is who I mainly dealt with and he is a cool guy.

So I went yesterday and picked up the knife and I was opening and closing it the whole drive home. One thing I noticed right off the bat was when I was closing the blade, the action felt gritty. When I got home, I dumped some gun oil down in the pivot screw and now the action is smooth. Wilson's website list the blade as 4 inches and the handle as 4.5 inches. Actually the handle is around 4 3/4 inches and the blade (what is sticking out of the handle) is 3 3/4 inches and the cutting edge is 3.5 inches. So far I am loving this knife. This wont be a safe queen but it definitely wont be a beater knife either. I am never hard on knives, I use them to cut and pierce. I don't use them as pry bars, screwdrivers, chisels, or hammers. I always use the right tool for the job. I don't expect a small pocket knife to be a survival knife and I don't expect a big bowie knife to do delicate work.

If I could change a couple things about this knife, it would be the coating on the handle and the speed of the deployment. I have only put this knife in and out of my pocket maybe 6-8 times and I noticed that underneath the pocket clip, the coating is starting to show signs of wear. That may be due to the pocket clip itself. This thing has a VERY strong pocket clip. I may try to bend it out a little. The deployment speed is noting to laugh at. It comes out with authority and locks up solid. I was showing it to my step father and his zero tolerance 0350 seemed to be just a few thousandths of a second faster. But the deployment speed is not a big deal to me. I have never been in a situation where those few thousandths of a second made a difference. I will also be posting a video review on YouTube so you guys can see the action of it and I will add the link to this review when I make the video.
    Let me know if you guys are or are not able to see the pictures.

20160228_135835.jpg 20160228_135855.jpg 20160228_135908.jpg 20160228_135919.jpg 20160228_135934.jpg 20160228_135943.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom