• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I just bought an early WWII Winchester 1897 Trench Gun from a veteran's son. He had his dad on the phone while we were negotiating the price.

He said he hated the heat shield, so he ripped it off. The bayonet lug is still there and it still has 4 out of 6 of the rivets in it.

I thought I could find a reproduction heat shield for it, but since I looked last, nobody is making them anymore.

Is there anyone here with one? I would really prefer a real one, but I will settle for a reproduction one until I can find a real one.

I will post pictures as soon as I can.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The reproductions were different in most ways from the original but could be made to work.

I would normally say you have a snowballs chance but just today someone gave me a 1939 Winchester Model 12 Standard Trap barrel/mag, so there is hope...

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    View attachment 269248
    BigMatt- do you want this? Maybe you can salvage the heat shield off of it. It's a repo for a 1897 project that never came to fruition. I was just going through some junk and I was getting ready to throw it out and then I remembered your thread. If you want it you can have it I'll send it to you
    Man, that would be great! I will PM you!

Top Bottom