• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    To everyone that is wondering, I got it and the USPS smashed it. I was able to bend it back in shape, but that is disappointing.

I currently have it on a M12 trench gun barrel, and I am trying to decide if I should try to blue it or leave it as is. Maybe I should take the heat shield off and rivet it to my original bayonet lug.

It will never be original, but I will also probably never find an original one anyway.

What do you guys think?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I'm so pissed off that they managed to smash that up after I wrapped it up and boxed it so that they couldn't or at least I thought they couldn't.

Really sorry that it got mangled...

Last edited:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    OK, I know it's been a long time, but I have been working on this gun and I finally have it finished. I was able to take the repro heat shield/bayonet lug that Dog1 gave me and trade it for an actual OEM heat shield only. I took that, rust blued it and riveted it to the bayonet lug I already had. I hope that isn't frowned upon, but the guy I was dealing with wanted the full monty and I wasn't willing to trade him my OG bayonet lug.

Here are my pics.

Y7xVCbk.jpg

O13hpl2.jpg

1iGIBCe.jpg

lvA82cj.jpg

Ozark1897

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2023
    Indianapolis
    OK, I know it's been a long time, but I have been working on this gun and I finally have it finished. I was able to take the repro heat shield/bayonet lug that Dog1 gave me and trade it for an actual OEM heat shield only. I took that, rust blued it and riveted it to the bayonet lug I already had. I hope that isn't frowned upon, but the guy I was dealing with wanted the full monty and I wasn't willing to trade him my OG bayonet lug.

Here are my pics.

Y7xVCbk.jpg

O13hpl2.jpg

1iGIBCe.jpg

lvA82cj.jpg
    Very nice!!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Is anyone making a replica of these nowadays? That function the same way?
    Now and again..

Norinco made one

1706309775256.jpeg

And for a while Ithaca made some modern 37s in same trench configuration

(There were 8 or 9 different shotguns uncle sam bought in trench gun configuration)

And there are a lot of trench guns out there people have converted from sporting guns. Sometimes not even models that were bought by uncle sam (I once saw a Savage Model 1921 someone had trenched out, and another one made from a department store shotgun)

Ozark1897

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Now and again..

Norinco made one

View attachment 328463

And for a while Ithaca made some modern 37s in same trench configuration

(There were 8 or 9 different shotguns uncle sam bought in trench gun configuration)

And there are a lot of trench guns out there people have converted from sporting guns. Sometimes not even models that were bought by uncle sam (I once saw a Savage Model 1921 someone had trenched out, and another one made from a department store shotgun)

Great resource on all things Trench… IMG_0615.jpeg

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Anyone know of a company that still manufactures the kits to turn a sporting gun into a trench gun?

I have a Winchester and a Stevens that I would love to convert over.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Bull Creek Arms does conversions. The heat shields are becoming more available by the day.

If you have a model 97, the conversion process isn't hard. It depends on how correct you want it to look.

I just got done with a Model 12 clone and it was involved, and expensive to make it right.

Top Bottom