• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kbundy5635

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    I talked with TS staff today and they said if I want one the will place an order and it will arrive in about 2 weeks. Seems good to me, and as for th liberty or Johnson safe. I would love to have one but I have to buy what the budget will fit!!! Ya know just like I'd like to have a few short barreled AR-15 with suppressors buuutttt one step at a time. I think I will go with this safe, it seems like a lot of space, and a door organizer. Plenty of space for ammo and other personal items that should be secured. I like that the company states they will replace or fix a safe that has suffered an attempted break in or fire. I will invest in a JOHNSON or a LIBERTY safe in my next house and keep this Winchester in the garage as my back up or overflow!!!!!! Thanks for all the feed back,

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    blackfriday.info the ad scan is still there

Okay, WTF?! I checked that website and maybe another blackfriday website that slickguns or somebody linked that listed them in advance. Under OUTDOORS they have:

Cannon Wide Body Gun Safe (Friday Only) - $699.99

No Winchester.

Winchester is listed farther down the page all by itself under GAMES AND HOBBIES.

GAMES AND HOBBIES? Are you kidding me? I waited weeks, months.

I am not in a happy place.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Okay, WTF?! I checked that website and maybe another blackfriday website that slickguns or somebody linked that listed them in advance. Under OUTDOORS they have:

Cannon Wide Body Gun Safe (Friday Only) - $699.99

No Winchester.

Winchester is listed farther down the page all by itself under GAMES AND HOBBIES.

GAMES AND HOBBIES? Are you kidding me? I waited weeks, months.

I am not in a happy place.

Click on the ad scans tab, it's on what would be the 6th page on the right. The big boy cannon is on the front page for $699.

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    I believe that is the same safe I got at Sam's club a few years back for $599. So far it has been a great safe. I change the 9v bat every yr just in case

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Its a nice solid safe. I have one I got last year. It's not made in China. Its made in Texas by Granite Safe Co. It has less fire proterction than the Winchester Ranger series but otherwise the same. The weight is 540lbs. Has 10 1 1/4 bolts in the door. The keypad isn't bad at all. Overall its a good safe for someone who doesn't want to drop 2 grand on one. Security is an illusion no matter what you par for a safe. If someone wants in they will get in.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I believe that is the same safe I got at Sam's club a few years back for $599.
    Is yours green? Sams Club up here used to sell green Winchesters, but they don't carry them any more. I also don't remember the ones at Sams as having the door organizer.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Just some info on the Winchester Safe at TCS.

I can't speak for the cannon safes, but the Winchester 24 gun safe at TSC is made in China. I stopped by there today after work and looked inside the door. Took a pic of the sticker, made by Granite Security Products, INC. They have a warehouse in Irving, TX.

Looks like I'll spend the extra money and just get a Liberty.

winchestersafe.jpg

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Just some info on the Winchester Safe at TCS.

I can't speak for the cannon safes, but the Winchester 24 gun safe at TSC is made in China. I stopped by there today after work and looked inside the door. Took a pic of the sticker, made by Granite Security Products, INC. They have a warehouse in Irving, TX.

Looks like I'll spend the extra money and just get a Liberty.

winchestersafe.jpg
    Thats a trip. Mine doesn't have that sticker but the add stuck to the front of the safe said made in the usa. Mine was made in 08 whats the date of that one?

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I bought one a few years ago at Sams and it was made in the USA, current produciton may be in China.

It's a good safe for the money, like anything you and spend more and get more but it's way better than using the sock drawer.

I gave mine to my son a couple of years ago when I bought a bigger safe but I'd buy another.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That is a really nice safe (rsc) for the money. I ended up getting the 24 gun cannon safe that they have there. I was more concerned with keeping my 4 year old away from my stuff than anyone breaking in and stealing. I was just glad to make a purchase and move mine in. It was tough to do the research. Every safe that's not $5000 is a POS in a lot of people's eyes. Spending a ton wasn't in my budget. I wish I could have gotten a Johnson safe as is recommended in every safe thread on INGO but it wasn't in the cards for me.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Does the Winchester Safe at TCS have a security level # to compare with other safes (like Liberty)?
    The number translates to 'how many' minutes a house fire lasts.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I too am going to pick one of Winchesters up too (TSA is quoting 2/28 for them to be instock again :))

Someone asked:
    Fire Resistant to 30 mins at 1400 degrees
    Palusol expandable door seal
    Two layers of 1/2 fireboard in body / 3 layers in door.

Has a lifetime warranty.

I have the pamplet if anyone has other questions.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I have one and love it. The door organizer is a real plus, and 14 ACTIVE locking bolts. Compare those two features alone to the competitors and you will be in the $2K range. I did add a electrical outlet in the back, can’t believe it does not come with one. I purchased the kit for the Canon safe from Gander Mountain for about $30 and used a hole saw to cut the hole in the metal. Added 12V halogen lights and a dry stick to the interior. One thing I can recommend when you purchase is rent a lay back or vending machine dolly to move the thing into the house. This is a dolly with a extra set of wheels that swing back from the frame so you do not have to hold up the weight and try to balance the safe. Makes the job a heck of allot easier. The dollies rent for about $20 a day from a tool rental place. TSC will load the safe in your truck with a forklift standing upright only. Buy this safe, you will not be disappointed! Now is the time to look for the sale @ $649 before they sell out and you have to wait 3 months.

Gold738

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Is it just a lock box or is it fireproof/retardent? Some that i have seen have no protection other than the bolts.

Top Bottom