• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I have the Winchester from TSC and really like it. Seems to be a good deal for the money. Doesn't compare with some of the expensive safes, but for its price point I am not sure it can be beat.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Is yours green? Sams Club up here used to sell green Winchesters, but they don't carry them any more. I also don't remember the ones at Sams as having the door organizer.

I own one of the Sams green ones with the manual lock. We bought three at $600 when we got them. No door organizers. I think you'd have to be darned careful what you put in a door organizer and where you put it if you had maxed out the long gun capacity. The door won't close if the sling from the front rifle is against the door on mine. Only about a 10" by door width swath of door that could hold anything and not be in the way of closing it.

A heavy duty hand truck and a sheet of 3/4" plywood are real helpful tools to install one. That and two muscular friends.:yesway::D

dbishop728

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have the 24 gun Winchester safe from TSC and love it. Best bang for the buck. Another cool thing is that the door can be removed to make moving it much easier. The fire rating is only 30 minutes but if that bothers anyone you can increase it. The fire rated material is drywall. Hope this helps

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Give me a sledge and a nice pry bar, and I'll be in that thing in 10 minutes. The only reason it'll take me that long is I have a bad back. :)

10 minutes, if i was a motivated scumbag, and i can crack any gun safe...one way shape or form.

As with most security precautions...its just to keep one honest...NO one security measue is fool proof...one must have LAYERS of security in place.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I purchased this Winchester safe last year from TSC and love it. Also purchased the 10 year extended warranty on the lock from Winchester for $75. We are in and out of the safe 10 times a day and have never had a problem with the electronic lock. Just replaced the battery 2 days ago after a year of continuous use. One thing I did add is a electrical outlet to the back. I found a cord kit for a Liberty safe at at Cabela's. I used a1-1/8" hole saw and cut a hole in the back side of the safe and installed it. Took about ten minutes and works like a charm. Just be careful not to catch the inside fabric on the pilot hole drill, cut the fabric out of the way first with a razor knife. The drywall board liner of the safe and the steel are an easy cut with the hole saw. Here is the power cord kit you need to purchase form Cabela's. Winchester does not offer a kit.

Cabela's: Liberty Electrical Outlet Kit

natestyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I have winchester gun safe and was locked out recently. I beat on the door with rubber mallet and finally opened. assume actuator stuck but now afraid to close

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Give me a sledge and a nice pry bar, and I'll be in that thing in 10 minutes. The only reason it'll take me that long is I have a bad back. :)

How big are the prybars you would be using?
    Not everyone places a safe out in the open to get that 10' prybar and room to swing a sledge to get in it in 10 minutes.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    How big are the prybars you would be using?
    Not everyone places a safe out in the open to get that 10' prybar and room to swing a sledge to get in it in 10 minutes.

That was my thought also... and most all safe's can be opened with a prybar, sledge, and pleanty of room. Even the high $$$ one's..

Top Bottom