• Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Rhino answered the other 2.

As for this, Cory (Renner), he's not LE so no point going to a place where he can't win, also he knew who or how many are working there so he waited until the LE had enough man power before going to the mining site after gathering enough info. Plus, he had to go back up the mountain (a shortcut) where Matt's (Bernthal) body was and now it was covered with new snow or the mountain lions took his body and later discovered a trail, leading to the mining site.

Good answer. Understood that he was not law enforcement. Just speculating that he could have followed her tracks while waiting for law enforcement to arrive where she had fallen. Then he could have given a sworn statement which would allow the FBI to get a warrant and go into the mining camp in full force instead of a fishing expedition.

Again, it was an excellent movie. Thanks to you and Rhino for the replies.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The wounded guards could barely move, let alone scramble for cover when the first shot broke. The succeeding shots was just (in real time) 2-3 sec.

Point taken. I was saying they should have simply dropped to the ground. Let gravity do the work. I have personally hugged the ground a few times. Dirt is the best bullet stopper there is.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think taking cover takes training. Yell COVER in a group of civilians and see how many do. Though in the movie those being shot at should have known...but then again they'd been in the close proximity of gunfire for a bit and may not have realized it was incoming.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think taking cover takes training. Yell COVER in a group of civilians and see how many do. Though in the movie those being shot at should have known...but then again they'd been in the close proximity of gunfire for a bit and may not have realized it was incoming.

It's entirely possible they couldn't hear much of anything. The only indication that someone was shooting at them would have been the hole and big red wet spot in the centers of their chests.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It's entirely possible they couldn't hear much of anything. The only indication that someone was shooting at them would have been the hole and big red wet spot in the centers of their chests.

That's actually a good point. It is possible their hearing was basically gone due to what they had just experienced. Though they were speaking to each other in a normal tone.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Agreed. Good points.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Toward the end when he had the bad guy up on the mountain, he said "My family's people were forced here over a century ago." His character was a member of the tribe.

Once you're adopted you are in.....A writer made a comment about Shania Twain not being a "real Indian" one time and the tribe she is a member of (her step dad was native and she was adopted by the tribe the same time he adopted her) went off on the writer and he had to make a public apology IIRC....

A front-page story in the April 4 issue claims Twain has been untruthful about her background. Twain, born Eileen Regina Edwards, has said that Jerry Twain, an Ojibway Indian, was her father. According to The Daily Press, Jerry Twain was her stepfather; her biological father, Clarence Edwards, is of French and Irish descent. Shania Twain's mother also was of Irish descent.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Inquiries were made after The Daily Press was tipped off by a phone call. The caller, who did not want to be identified, questioned the validity of the entertainer's claim to have Native American blood and led reporters to Twain's biological grandmother, Regina Nutbrown.
    Nutbrown said she is not sure who contacted The Daily Press, but she is convinced the caller is not a family member. ''It surprised me. I guess somebody in town got angry seeing Eileen on television pretending we don't exist,'' she said

Twain was not available for comment and issued a statement through her publicist. In the statement, Twain admits that her biological father is Edwards and explains that her parents separated when she was 2. The statement goes on to say that after her mother married Jerry Twain, he legally adopted her and her sister.
    The statement ends by quoting Twain as saying, ''I don't know how much Indian blood I actually have in me, but as the adopted daughter of my father Jerry, I became legally registered as 50 percent North American Indian. Being raised by a full-blooded Indian and being a part of his family and their culture from such a young age is all I've ever known. That heritage is in my heart and my soul, and I'm proud of it.''

[FONT=&quot]Shania Twain's Native ancestry has been brought into question after a[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]series of stories appeared in the singer's hometown paper, the Timmins[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Daily Press.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Front page headlines such as "The father Shania turned her back on" and[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Grandma waits for call" grabbed readers attention as estranged family[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]members revealed certain facts about the singer's personal life.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]At the heart of the revelations is that Shania's biological father is[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Clarence Edwards, an engineer with the C P Rail who lives in Chaplea,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ont. Shania has previously stated in press interviews that Jerry Twain,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]a full-blooded Ojibway, was her father.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In a statement issued to the press, the 30-year-old country singer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]acknowledged Clarence Edwards as her biological father but explained her[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]parents separated when she was two years old. Edwards and Shania's[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]mother divorced four years later. The statementt goes on to say that[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Jerry Twain is the only father she has ever known and that after he[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]married her mother, her step-father legally adopted her.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]One of the questions on everyone's mind was why the singer previously[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]failed to publicly acknowledge Edwards as her biologial father.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"My father (Twain) went out of his way to raise three daughters that[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]weren't even his. For me to acknowledge another man as my father, a man[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]who was never there for me a a father, who wasn't the one who struggled[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]everyday to put food on our table, would have hurt him terribly. We[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]were a family. Step-father, step-brothers, we never used that[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]vocabulary in our home. To have referred to him as my step-father would[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]have been the worst slap across the face to him," Shania commented by[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]phone from her home in upstate New York.[/FONT]

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    This whole thing would have been avoided had Matt closed the divider himself and kept a gun on his hand.

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The Indian father, is the same guy in Hell or High Water sheriff, Jeff Bridges' partner in that movie.

If you guys have noticed, when a good movie is made by a certain director/writer, and makes another movie, there's always the actor from his previous movies. I can name them but there's so many and I'm lazy.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The Indian father, is the same guy in Hell or High Water sheriff, Jeff Bridges' partner in that movie.

If you guys have noticed, when a good movie is made by a certain director/writer, and makes another movie, there's always the actor from his previous movies. I can name them but there's so many and I'm lazy.

Hell or High Water, another excellent movie! :yesway:

Top Bottom